Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Season Finale

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Season Finale

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:35 am

Please read my other thread 'Frasier Forum Awards - The Rules' in order to know all about the voting process.

Don't worry - I haven't forgotten the 'Best Moments' threads for Roz, Daphne and Eddie, but I think we need a change in order to keep the voting lively. I will start the above polls soon. Also, there will sadly be a rather long break in the polls, because I am going on holiday to France for a fortnight tomorrow morning, and so the 'Forum Awards' threads will have to be suspended until the end of August/beginning of September, unless somebody else is willing to keep them going whilst I am away. But, despite my absence, I promise I won't neglect this threads and I am delighted with everyone's enthusiasm so far.

I am going to ask everyone to nominate their Top 5 season finales/closers (the last episode in every season) and the episodes with the most nominations will make the eventual shortlist and contend for the ultimate award. The 5 episodes with the most votes will make the shortlist for the award, and when the final shortlist is published, you will have another chance to vote in this category.

Here are the options:
* My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
* Dark Victory (Season 2)
* You Can Never Go Home Again (Season 3)
* Odd Man Out (Season 4)
* Sweet Dreams (Season 5)
* Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)
* Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
* Cranes Go Caribbean (Season 8)
* Moons Over Seattle (Season 9)
* A New Position for Roz (Season 10)
* Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)

BEST 'FRASIER' SEASON FINALE
* My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
* Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)
* Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
* Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)
* Dark Victory (Season 2)

Now please vote for your Top 5 episodes, and I think you'll agree this poll is much easier than the best 'Best Moment' ones. Think carefully about the episodes you nominate, and let's hope your episodes make the eventual shortlist. Get voting! Thanks.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Re: Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Season Finale

Postby welshben23 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:18 am

Cake for Brains wrote:Please read my other thread 'Frasier Forum Awards - The Rules' in order to know all about the voting process.

Don't worry - I haven't forgotten the 'Best Moments' threads for Roz, Daphne and Eddie, but I think we need a change in order to keep the voting lively. I will start the above polls soon. Also, there will sadly be a rather long break in the polls, because I am going on holiday to France for a fortnight tomorrow morning, and so the 'Forum Awards' threads will have to be suspended until the end of August/beginning of September, unless somebody else is willing to keep them going whilst I am away. But, despite my absence, I promise I won't neglect this threads and I am delighted with everyone's enthusiasm so far.

I am going to ask everyone to nominate their Top 5 season finales/closers (the last episode in every season) and the episodes with the most nominations will make the eventual shortlist and contend for the ultimate award. The 5 episodes with the most votes will make the shortlist for the award, and when the final shortlist is published, you will have another chance to vote in this category.

Here are the options:
* My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
* Dark Victory (Season 2)
* You Can Never Go Home Again (Season 3)
* Odd Man Out (Season 4)
* Sweet Dreams (Season 5)
* Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)
* Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
* Cranes Go Caribbean (Season 8)
* Moons Over Seattle (Season 9)
* A New Position for Roz (Season 10)
* Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)

BEST 'FRASIER' SEASON FINALE
* My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
* Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)
* Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
* Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)
* Dark Victory (Season 2)

Now please vote for your Top 5 episodes, and I think you'll agree this poll is much easier than the best 'Best Moment' ones. Think carefully about the episodes you nominate, and let's hope your episodes make the eventual shortlist. Get voting! Thanks.


I thought the final episode of Season 3 was called "You Can go Home Again"?
Last edited by welshben23 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:25 am

My Coffee With Niles
Dark Victory
Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
You Can Go Home Again
Goodnight Seattle
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby welshben23 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:44 am

Something Borrowed, Something Blue
My Coffee With Niles
Dark Victory
Goodnight Seattle
Shutout In Seattle
.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Postby granny moon » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:21 pm

My Coffee with Niles
Something Borrowed, Something Blue,
Shoutout in Seattle,
Goodnight Seattle,
Dark Victory
granny moon
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:18 am

Postby Sideshow Cecil » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:50 pm

1. Goodnight Seattle
2. My Coffee With Niles
3. Dark Victory
4. Something Borrowed, Something Blue
5. You Can Go Home Again
The beast is loose!
Sideshow Cecil
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: I don't know, but it's dark!

Postby !Amz! » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Goodnight Seattle
Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
Dark Victory
You Can Go Home Again
My Coffee With Niles
User avatar
!Amz!
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Northampton

Postby Leanne » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:52 pm

Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Goodnight Seattle
You Can Go Home Again
My Coffee With Niles
Shutout In Seattle
Leanne
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:00 am

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:39 pm

My Coffee With Niles
Dark Victory
You Can Go Home Again
Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
Goodnight Seattle
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
User avatar
Jocelyn
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:00 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Season Finale

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:58 am

welshben23 wrote:I thought the final episode of Season 3 was called "You Can go Home Again"?


It is.

My 5:

1) Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
2) Goodnight, Seattle
3) My Coffee With Niles
4) Shutout in Seattle
5) Moons Over Seattle
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Corevelay » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:44 am

1. Goodnight Seattle
2. My Coffee With Niles
3. Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
4. Dark Victory
5. You Can Go Home Again
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
User avatar
Corevelay
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:12 am

Postby Stratman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:33 am

1. Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
2. Goodnight, Seattle
3. My Coffee With Niles
4. Dark Victory
5. Moons Over Seattle
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Postby sparky21 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:14 am

1) SBSB
2) Dark Victory
3) Goodnight Seattle
4) Moons Over Seattle
5) Odd Man Out


A New Position for Roz was such a desperate ratings attempt.... but im sure thats been discussed at length elsewhere, lol
Roz: She's Bebe! If you had said you liked my eyes, they would have been on your desk tomorrow in a Tiffany box! - Roz's Turn
User avatar
sparky21
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: UK

Postby roz11 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:14 pm

1.) Dark Victory
2.) Something Borrowed, Someone Blue
3.) My Coffee With Niles
4.) Shutout in Seattle
5.) Goodnight Seattle
User avatar
roz11
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: London

Postby Wezzo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:08 pm

1. Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)
2. My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
3. Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
4. You Can Never Go Home Again (Season 3)
5. Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)

Tough one.. Dark Victory and Odd Man Out were very close.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:33 pm

sparky21 wrote:A New Position for Roz was such a desperate ratings attempt.... but im sure thats been discussed at length elsewhere, lol


A wise man once said:

dan o'shannon wrote:i never have a problem with anyone hating or having issue with anything i write for the public. every opinion is valid, whether it's agreed with or not. when someone states their opinion in public, that's great. god bless 'em. but when that someone publicly states the intention of the writer beyond the writing of the episode (for example, that the shows were designed as a ratings ploy), it seems that an assumption has been made, and then printed publicly as fact. this is a mistake that critics make all the time. they feel no ethical obligation to check their facts, because the majority of the writing is based on opinion.


That said, I agree with you entirely Sparky! :lol: The US ratings were going down the toilet at that time, it's the only plausible explanation for such a massive break with character for Roz.
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:A wise man once wrote:

dan o'shannon wrote:i never have a problem with anyone hating or having issue with anything i write for the public. every opinion is valid, whether it's agreed with or not. when someone states their opinion in public, that's great. god bless 'em. but when that someone publicly states the intention of the writer beyond the writing of the episode (for example, that the shows were designed as a ratings ploy), it seems that an assumption has been made, and then printed publicly as fact. this is a mistake that critics make all the time. they feel no ethical obligation to check their facts, because the majority of the writing is based on opinion.


That was an interesting few days, wasn't it? :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
User avatar
Bee Gees Fan
 
Posts: 11385
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:37 pm

Yup.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Catherine » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:21 am

1) My Coffee With Niles
2) Shut Out In Seattle
3) Dark Victory
4) Sweet Dreams
5) SBSB
Yes, and I'd love to stay but I... have my therapy group meeting, and last time I was late the, er, compulsive gamblers were betting the passive aggressives that they couldn't make the over-eaters cry.
User avatar
Catherine
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Postby Chardonnay » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:37 pm

* Goodnight Seattle (Season 11)
* My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
* You Can Go Home Again (Season 3)
* Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
* Shutout in Seattle
My God, woman, I'd drive a stake through your heart, but I don't think anything could kill you.

Chardonnay has left the building.
Chardonnay
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:00 am

Postby citystreets » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:13 pm

1. Dark Victory (Season 2)
2. Odd Man Out (Season 4)
3. Shutout in Seattle (Season 6)
4. My Coffee with Niles (Season 1)
5. Something Borrowed, Someone Blue (Season 7)
Frasier: Yes, I've seen your log, and I’ve dated every toad on it!
User avatar
citystreets
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Elliot Bay Towers


Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.