Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Frasier Moment

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Best Frasier Moment

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:11 am

Please read my other thread 'Frasier Forum Awards - The Rules' in order to know all about the voting process.

Well, it’s been two days since I started the last ‘Forum Awards’ thread, so I think we’re due another one. Of the few polls we’ve done so far, I’m convinced that this one is by far the hardest one to compile, because we have an absolute wealth of material to choose from. This time I am asking you to list your Top Frasier Moments. However, in order to get a diverse representation of people’s opinions, I am asking you to nominate between 5 (minimum) and 10 (maximum) moments. The reason I am raising the amount is because I am sceptical that we’ll be able to put together a good final poll if we don’t have a lot of material to choose from. I am going to start by listing just 5 ‘Top Frasier Moments’, but I may add to them over the next couple of days.

I am going to ask everyone to nominate their Top 5-10 Frasier moments in 'Frasier', and the moments with the most nominations will make the eventual shortlist and contend for the ultimate award. The 5 most popular Frasier moments, with the most votes will make the shortlist for the award, and when the final shortlist is published, you will have another chance to vote in this category. ‘Frasier’ wouldn’t have been possible without the leading man, and Kelsey Grammer has made sure that we’re simply spoilt for choice!

BEST FRASIER MOMENTS
1) Frasier digs himself deeper and deeper into a hole with station manager Tom Duran, who he doesn’t know is gay. (The Matchmaker)
2) Frasier tries to make himself scarce in Daphne’s bedroom (Daphne’s Room)
3) Ulysses, Frasier broadcasts to Seattle for the final time (Goodnight Seattle)
4) Dirty Harry meets Emily Post as Frasier gives an Etiquette Lesson (High Crane Drifter)
5) Frasier gets a tad carried away with a little role play (Something About Dr. Mary)
6) Frasier in ‘Bad Billies’ (The Doctor is Out)
7) Poor old Frasier realises that no-one fancies him (The Ski Lodge)
8) A disasterous performance of 'Buttons and Bows' (Look Before You Leap)

I tried and tried to keep my list at just five nominations, but as you can see I failed miserably. As I knew it would be, this list was horribly difficult to compile, and I know I’ve missed loads of classic moments out.Over the eleven season’s Kelsey has been nothing short of fantastic throughout, and I want to make sure this poll does him and his character’s brilliance justice, so think long and hard about your choices.So, everybody get voting, and hopefully your favourite Frasier moments will make the final list of nominations for this category, and may even win the Forum Award. Happy voting!
Last edited by Cake for Brains on Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Jocelyn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:08 pm

So many to choose from. Lets see...

I Hate Frasier Crane (Frasier's sarcastic on-air attack on Derek Mann)
The Matchmaker (When Frasier becomes aware of the predicament and is left alone with Tom, especially when he pushes the chair along the floor)
Daphne's Room (Frasier panics as he struggles to find a hiding place as Daphne prepares for her shower)
Kisses Sweeter Than Wine (The 'House That Frasier Built' speech)
Look Before You Leap (The 'Buttons & Bows' finale)
Frasier's Imaginary Friend (Again, the hilarious finale: 'Well...whaddaya think of me now?')
Something About Dr Mary (The role playing sequence: 'I don't think so!!')
A Man, A Plan And A Gal: Julia (The ending where he can suppress his rage with Julia no longer)
The Doctor Is Out (Whole episode, especially the climactic dance with Alastair)

That's nine already but there are many many more!
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:11 pm

Some great choices there Jocelyn, and I'd completely forgotten about 'Buttons and Bows' which I'll be adding on to my list. It's a real challenge to narrow down so many great Frasier moments.
Cake for Brains

Postby welshben23 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:46 pm

1) When Frasier can't help putting double entendres/innuendos in everything he says to his dad and girlfriend who stayed the night
(Guess who's coming to Breakfast)
2) Where Frasier cuts people off for having boring problems or saying their name twice (Frasier Crane's Day Off)
3) Frasier's speech to defend Phil Patterson's "Aliens" when all Bulldog and Roz meant were the exchange students (The Candidate)
4) Frasier 'having sex' on the bed as Lilith and Brian appear at the window, and Madeline steps out of the shower (Adventures in Paradise)
5) Frasier's face when he can't remember the words of "Buttons and Bows" and sings Hippity Bippity Boppity Bow, Something and something and buttons and bows! (Look Before you Leap)
6) Frasier defending Martin and getting his wires crossed about the no-no slip from Ms Langer (Three Days of the Condo)
7) Most of the episode, especially where Frasier constantly tries to direct people (Ham Radio)
8) Frasier jumping everytime Martin scares him and him dressed as a clown with a meat cleaver (BOO!)
9) Frasier's face when pranked time and time again (Radio Wars)
10) Frasier going into the gay bar with those shorts on (The Doctor is Out)

Sorry my list is so big! :oops:
welshben23

Postby !Amz! » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:46 pm

Oh boy. Another hard one as there's so many to choose from. But here goes:

1. Frasier performs a disaterous version of 'Buttons and Bows.' (Look Before You Leap - Season 3)

2. Frasier giving advice to Bulldog 'like a guy' and then ending up getting a slap from Niles after he yells 'SCREW HIM! We don't need him OR his stinky little resteraunt! Lets go somewhere where we don't even need a reservation!' (Love Bites Dog - Season 4)

3. Everyone thinks Frasier is dying when he gives everyone his stuff and talks about the 'Golden Gate.' (Goodnight Seattle - Season 11)

4. The 'House That Frasier Built' speech. (Kisses Sweeter Than Wine - Season 3)

5. Frasier having to dress up in a nappy and bonnet during Nanny G's show. (Caught in the Act - Season 11)

6. Frasier in Niles' tight shorts in the gay bar - and then he starts lightly dancing. (The Doctor is Out - Season 11)

7. Frasier finally loses it with Julia after she insults his precious hand towels. (A Man, A Plan, and a Gal: Julia - Season 11)

8. Frasier's reaction ("Somebody hold me") when he realises he slept with Bebe. (Agents in America Part III - Season 2)

9. Frasier 'having sex' on the bed with Lilith and Madeline watching.(Adventures in Paridise Part 2 - Season 2)

10. Frasier wearing a shawl and carrying Mr Bottomsley and then realising he looks like his aunt. (The Placeholder - Season 11)

As you can probably tell, I've edited this list quite a few times as I think of new moments each day. I would of loved to include the ones I replaced too. It's a shame to miss out so many, but in my opinion, these are definatly my top ten moments. And I'm determinded not to edit this list again! I'm gonna have a hard time choosing the Niles moments too!
Last edited by !Amz! on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
!Amz!

Postby Leanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:06 pm

This is a great category, but at the same time so, so difficult! Anyway, here's (some of) my favourite Frasier moments:

The Good Son - Eddie staring at Frasier as he looks sideways in disgust.

High Crane Drifter - Frasier yelling at the Café Nervosa customer that what he needs is 'an etiquette lesson!'

Three Dates and a Break-up - His smooth approach to dates, putting on the stereo, sipping the wine, organising the canapés and uttering to himself 'Dear God, I could write a book.'

To Thine Old Self Be True - Frasier showing the stripper how to conduct her act, his leg perched up on a chair and thrusting his hips.

The Matchmaker - Just before Niles tells Frasier that Tom is gay, Frasier and Tom have an exchange that's overly suggestive and completely innocent at the same time.

Adventures in Paradise, Part II - The moment in my signature, Frasier's yell of fear/horror when Lilith stands up from Martin's chair holding the mango.

A Man, A Plan and a Gal: Julia - His final explosion after Julia mocks his hand-towels, and he yells 'GET OUT!!!'

Mixed Doubles - When he listens to Rodney's description of his elder brother, who is amazingly handsome, successful and whom Rodney envies. His smug look and the line 'spooky' is priceless.
Last edited by Leanne on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leanne

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Leanne wrote:Three Dates and a Break-up - His smooth approach to dates, putting on the stereo, sipping the wine, organising the canapés and uttering to himself 'Dear God, I could write a book.'

I know this is hardly important but the correct quote is "Dear God, I could teach a course!".

As for the actual topic... well, I'm stumped. Too many classic moments.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Come on, have a go! We need as many contributions as possible.
Cake for Brains

Postby Leanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Paul B wrote:
Leanne wrote:Three Dates and a Break-up - His smooth approach to dates, putting on the stereo, sipping the wine, organising the canapés and uttering to himself 'Dear God, I could write a book.'

I know this is hardly important but the correct quote is "Dear God, I could teach a course!".

That'll teach me for quoting from memory!
Leanne

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:43 pm

Leanne wrote:
Paul B wrote:

That'll teach me for quoting from memory!

Misquoting from my all time favourite episode is just not on. :D
Stratman

Postby Leanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Stratman wrote:Misquoting from my all time favourite episode is just not on. :D

What can I say, I'm a lit student so have books on the mind. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :D)
Leanne

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:53 pm

Leanne wrote:
Stratman wrote:Misquoting from my all time favourite episode is just not on. :D

What can I say, I'm a lit student so have books on the mind. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :D)

If you're quoting from the show, wasn't it ''that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it?'' I really don't know though, I could very well be wrong. :lol:

EDIT: I don't know what was said now... Disregard my post.
Last edited by Stratman on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Okay, let's see if I can give this a go:

1) Daphne's Room - Frasier running about, hiding from Daphne, and her eventual discovery of him.

2) Where There's Smoke, There's Fired - the scene where Frasier is awoken by the noise and caches Daphne and Martin smoking, and then has to fight with Bebe in order to prize her away from her beloved cigarettes.

3) Ham Radio (me!) - Frasier's over-zealousness; particularly his reactions to Gil creating Cedric Fairservice and the Ice Cream Man.

4) The Botched Language of the Cranes - Frasier makes his unfortunate joke about the Bishop on the Titanic.

5) Someone To Watch Over Me - Frasier throwing Cornelia Littlejohn to the ground.

6) Agents in America, Part III - Frasier trying to save Bebe from "committing suicide."

7) Enemy at the Gate - Frasier saying all the wrong things at the radio station afterwards.

8) Fraternal Schwinns - Frasier's bike-riding efforts.

9) Three Days of the Condo - Frasier's speech when he sticks up for Martin.
Last edited by Bee Gees Fan on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:03 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Okay, let's see if I can give this a go:

1) The Innkeepers - Gil's entrance, and everything following.

2) The Ski Lodge - all the confusion and the entering of the wrong rooms as each person tries to get some time alone with their prospective romantic interests.

3) Daphne's Room - Frasier running about, hiding from Daphne, and her eventual discovery of him.

4) Where There's Smoke, There's Fired - the scene where Frasier is awoken by the noise and caches Daphne and Martin smoking, and then has to fight with Bebe in order to prize her away from her beloved cigarettes.

5) Ham Radio (me!) - the whole disastrous performance.

6) The Two Mrs Cranes - Daphne and Roz have a bitter spat and Clive finally tells them all what he thinks of them.

7) Zoo Story - Martin frees the crane and chases after it as Frasier is delivering his speech - then his yell as the crane attacks him.

8) Someone To Watch Over Me - Cindy's entrance up to the part where Frasier announces he will go to the lobby to confront Kari himself.

9) The Botched Language of the Cranes - Frasier makes his unfortunate joke about the Bishop on the Titanic.

I was under the impression that this thread was just for Frasier Crane moments. :?
Stratman

Postby Jocelyn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Stratman wrote:

Misquoting from my all time favourite episode is just not on

Tsk, what's all this pedantry for? If you were to be really nit-picky you could point out that the quote Leanne ascribes to Agents In America, Part III is actually from Adventures In Paradise, Part 2 :wink:

Actually that reminds me, I forgot to include Frasier pretending to have sex by jumping up and down on the hotel bed :D
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

Jocelyn

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:06 pm

Stratman wrote:I was under the impression that this thread was just for Frasier Crane moments. :?

Oh yeah, you're right! I misunderstood Cakey's post. I'll edit my choices.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Finally, we get to honour the reason this show was great.

1. Daphne's Room: Frasier running away after Daphne catches him in her bathroom
2. Something About Dr Mary: Frasier channeling a soul sister.
3. Three Dates And A Breakup: The exact same reason as Leanne.
4. Guess Who's Coming To Breakfast: Frasier's double entendres were priceless.
5. Goodnight Seattle: Frasier's farewell speech.
6. High Crane Drifter: Frasier giving the guy an ettiquette lesson.
7. Enemy At The Gates: That final scene where Frasier gives the speech with two meanings.
8. Kisses Sweeter Than Wine: The ''house that Frasier built'' speech.
9. Three Days Of The Condo: Frasier defending Martin's ''little guy''.
10. ATDRAWTS: Frasier's stirring toast.
Stratman

Postby Leanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Jocelyn wrote:Tsk, what's all this pedantry for? If you were to be really nit-picky you could point out that the quote Leanne ascribes to Agents In America, Part III is actually from Adventures In Paradise, Part 2 :wink:

Oops! So sorry for the confusion, I've edited my post to incorporate that, thanks Jocelyn.

Leaves this thread in shame, leaving a trail of confused and annoyed people behind......
Leanne

Postby Jocelyn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Come back Leanne, you're only human! :lol:

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Stratman wrote:I was under the impression that this thread was just for Frasier Crane moments. :?

Oh yeah, you're right! I misunderstood Cakey's post. I'll edit my choices.

I actually thought the same thing at first and very nearly listed my favourite scenes from Frasier the show, rather than those revolving around the lead character (although many scenes would be the same in either list!).

Jocelyn

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 pm

I'm sorry BGF, the name of the thread isn't clear enough. I can easily see why people would list their favourite Frasier moments. Oops.
Cake for Brains

Postby Leanne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Jocelyn wrote:Come back Leanne, you're only human! :lol:

That's what you think! :lol:
Leanne

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:22 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:I'm sorry BGF, the name of the thread isn't clear enough. I can easily see why people would list their favourite Frasier moments. Oops.

It's not your fault, Ben, I should have read your post more carefully.

Hey, that's a Billy Joel song! You're Only Human (Second Wind). Everybody go and listen to Billy Joel!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:23 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

Hey, that's a Billy Joel song! You're Only Human (Second Wind). Everybody go and listen to Billy Joel!

He's the piano man.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:25 pm

Stratman wrote:He's the piano man.

Indeed he is - and Piano Man is a GREAT song.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Hard job this one, but worth the time and effort, for sure!

1. Frasier sets off the fire alarm to wake Martin for another game of chess (Chess Pains)
2. Frasier 'setting the mood' for his dates (Three Dates And A Break Up)
3. The 'etiquette lesson' (High Crane Drifter)
4. Frasier, on seeing Niles and Dapnhne, pounds at the patio doors during the storm (A Midwinter Night's Dream)
5. The whole scene of Frasier hiding around Daphne's Room (Daphne's Room)
6. The 'house that Frasier built' speech (Kisses Sweeter Than Wine)
7. Frasier's toast at the reception for Niles and Mel (ATDRAWTS)
8. The double entendre-fest with Martin's date (Guess Who's Coming To Breakfast)
9. Frasier hitting at the piñata (Good Grief)
10. Frasier throws the plant out of the window (Shrink Rap)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Next

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes