Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: Nominations - Worst Frasier Episode

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Postby Jocelyn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:43 pm

I don't think it was particularly out of character for where Niles' character was at that point in the series (ie single again). The bird was just the latest in a succession of (following that hilariously timid whippet!) increasingly pathetic Maris substitutes. Cockatiels are domestic birds anyway, so not exactly swarming with germs and disease. In that respect, Niles caring for a pigeon in Fraiser-Lite was far more out of character (although admittedly the saving grace of an otherwise forgettable episode).
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:As for 'To Kill a Talking Bird', I have to say I'm with Strat on this episode

I seem to recall you saying you're a fan of Scout and Jem and Dill and Boo Radley and Atticus, aren't you? :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:30 pm

Jocelyn wrote:I don't think it was particularly out of character for where Niles' character was at that point in the series (ie single again). The bird was just the latest in a succession of (following that hilariously timid whippet!) increasingly pathetic Maris substitutes. Cockatiels are domestic birds anyway, so not exactly swarming with germs and disease. In that respect, Niles caring for a pigeon in Fraiser-Lite was far more out of character (although admittedly the saving grace of an otherwise forgettable episode).

Don't forget that this a man that wipes his chair before sitting down.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:31 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Just got around to reading this thread thoroughly, and (as usual) there's been a lot of interesting comments made. But, come on, how could anyone nominate 'High Holidays?'

As for 'To Kill a Talking Bird', I have to say I'm with Strat on this episode, and I think my review on this site is far too positive and I wish I could lower the percentage grade I gave it originally. I wouldn't go as far as to put it in my Top 5 Worst Episode list, but if I do one of these threads for 'Most Overrated Episodes', this episode will get the top honour. The actual farcicial elements are all very funny, but I don't think there's enough witty dialogue to balance the silliness. As Strat said it's hugely out of character for Niles, and the whole storylines feels hugely far-fetched and over-the-top. Its definitely my least favourite of the Montana farces.

Another reason why I put it in my top 5 is because it rode in stellar company. It was a major blemish in an otherwise perfect season.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:34 pm

Stratman wrote:Another reason why I put it in my top 5 is because it rode in stellar company. It was a major blemish in an otherwise perfect season.

But read the book, Strat, read the book!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 pm

Yep, I am a fan of 'To Kill a Mocking Bird', its a terrific book that I really enjoyed reading. I have very fond memories of reading it in December 2004. Any book I read I have to read in the dining room in our house, due to the fact that I'm partially sighted and so have to read my books under an 'easy reader' (kind of an electronic microscope that enlarges text). Anyway, I have a wonderful memory of finishing the book, watching snow fall outside the window next to the Christmas tree. As a result, it'll always hold a special place for me. I also loved how Boo Radley, who they had feared throughout the whole novel was just an ordinary man, and I always found the court cases gripping and exciting. It's definitely one of my very favourite books.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

3 Worst Episodes

Postby aleecat123 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:32 am

I'd have to go with
The 1000th Show, Sliding Frasier, Perspectives on Christmas
aleecat123

Re: 3 Worst Episodes

Postby Paul B » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:20 am

aleecat123 wrote:I'd have to go with

Explain yourself! :o
Paul B

Re: 3 Worst Episodes

Postby welshben23 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:29 am

Paul B wrote:
aleecat123 wrote:I'd have to go with

Explain yourself! :o

Yes, explain very carefully! :lol:. What is wrong with that very good episode? :cry:
welshben23

Worst Episodes

Postby DHP » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:03 pm

I've only seen Seasons 1-5 all the way through. Have seen some of later seasons, but couldn't tell you which episodes, so my nominations come from the first 5 seasons.

In no order, with brief explanation...

The 1000th Show (a wasted opportunity and seemed more like the writers were kids playing with the novelty of going outdoors).
The Ski Lodge (ok, but just hugely overrated in my opinion and nothing that hasn't been done better before in Halloween and seemed to rely too much on cheap gay jokes that just fell flat. Main reason for including it is to take it down a peg or two).
Roz's Krantz & Goldenstein are Dead (just lacked hugely in comedy for my liking).
The Unkindest Cut of All (again, just wasn't very funny).

Those were the only 4 I could think of. They're all watchable episodes and have one or two decent bits, but for me were weaker than the others in Seasons 1-5.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Hector » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Where are the results from last time we did this?? Seems like only yesterday.
Hector

Previous

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes