Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Forum Awards: The Rules

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Frasier Forum Awards: The Rules

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:36 pm

When I first registered with this site back in February 2005, I tried this idea as a thread and it was reasonably successful, but I am hoping that we’ll get more contributions this time around, because I plan to give this thread more time and commitment than I did my original poll last year. In order for this thread to work successfully, we need lots and lots of people on this forum to cast their votes.

The idea is simple; I post a number of categories and you have to nominate episodes/characters/moments that you would like to see make the final awards poll/shortlist when we have managed to compile a list of nominations. Providing the Internet is working at my Dad’s, I will post a category once every two days, and all you have to do is post a list of three nominations that you would like to see make the final shortlist. If for any reason I am unable to introduce a new category, I would be grateful if someone else could engender a thread, based on either their own idea for a category or else one from my list below. I am hoping that this thread will provoke a lot of interest, and please feel free to submit your own ideas for categories.

Here is a list of some of the categories I am going to be addressing (although this may change and I will probably think of others)
· Best Frasier Episode
· Worst Frasier Episode
· Favourite Main Character
· Favourite Secondary Character
· Favourite Frasier Moments
· Favourite Niles Moment
· Favourite Martin Moment
· Favourite Daphne Moment
· Favourite Roz Moment
· Favourite Eddie Moment
· Most Emotional Episode/Scene
· Best Scene Ever
· Favourite Frasier Girlfriend
· Favourite Guest Star
· Favourite Writer
· Favourite Season
· Most Underrated Episode
· Favourite Frasier Farce
· Favourite Season Premiere
· Favourite Season Finale
· Best Double Episode

THE RULES

1) Read the above paragraphs
2) I will start new threads every two days. Each thread will introduce a new category (see list above) and you will have to help compile the nominations for the final shortlist, which will be put together when we have voted on all the categories and have an extensive shortlist of award nominations.
3) Please do not submit anymore than three nominations in each category. It is important that you vote more than once, because there needs to be some variation in order for me to construct a proper shortlist.
4) Hope this makes sense – if not, please ask any questions you may have.

I will be posting the first category and my nominations for the shortlist on a separate thread in a couple of minutes. Happy voting! And I hope this idea works out.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Stu » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:05 pm

Great idea Cakey, and thanks so much for offering to put it together. I'm looking forward to contributing to the various polls.

The only think I'm not clear about is how long you intend for the polls to remain open - will the previous one close once a new category is opened, or will it remain open for nominations until a specified date etc.

I just didn't want people to miss out on nominating cos they didn't know how long they had to do it in.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby JT » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:53 am

Then, when those polls are exhausted, you can start:

1. Favorite aspect of Frasier's apartment (maybe this is already going)
2. Best apartment: Frasier or Niles
3. How much would you pay to have Martin's chair or Frasier's Eames chair? (Archie Bunker's old chair from the 70's "All In The Family is in the Smithsonian Institution's Museum of Popular Culture)
4. Who would make a better Roz, Peri Gilpren(sp?) or the blond girl on Friends who was considered first for the role? (whats her name again?)
5. What would be the best city for Frasier show set (is Seattle?)
6. Would Frasier have been better if the show had been called "Niles" and featured Frasier as the secondary brother?
7. Is Frasier the best character spin off possible among the various Cheers characters?
8. Which of the Cheers characters would you have rather seen as a regular on Frasier?
JT

Postby Stratman » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:08 pm

First of all, it's Gilpin, and secondly, Lisa Kudrow would suck.
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:13 pm

JT wrote:Then, when those polls are exhausted, you can start:

1. Favorite aspect of Frasier's apartment (maybe this is already going)
2. Best apartment: Frasier or Niles
3. How much would you pay to have Martin's chair or Frasier's Eames chair? (Archie Bunker's old chair from the 70's "All In The Family is in the Smithsonian Institution's Museum of Popular Culture)
4. Who would make a better Roz, Peri Gilpren(sp?) or the blond girl on Friends who was considered first for the role? (whats her name again?)
5. What would be the best city for Frasier show set (is Seattle?)
6. Would Frasier have been better if the show had been called "Niles" and featured Frasier as the secondary brother?
7. Is Frasier the best character spin off possible among the various Cheers characters?
8. Which of the Cheers characters would you have rather seen as a regular on Frasier?

i can answer number 6 easily enough: NO! ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby JT » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:00 am

Stratman wrote:First of all, it's Gilpin, and secondly, Lisa Kudrow would suck.

Didn't know I would strike such a nerve.
JT

Postby Sideshow Meg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 am

Well, you only know Lisa Kudrow in the role of Phoebe so can't tell what she would be like as Roz based on her performance as a completely contrasting character.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Stratman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:51 am

Sideshow Meg wrote:

Well, you only know Lisa Kudrow in the role of Phoebe so can't tell what she would be like as Roz based on her performance as a completely contrasting character.

She always plays dipsy characters.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:52 am

I think I would make an excellent Roz. Actually, if I had to play any of the characters, I'd do it excellently. After all, I am excellence personified. :)

There's an alternate universe out there where Lisa Kudrow did get the role of Roz. I wonder if that means Peri Gilpin got the role of Phoebe?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Stratman wrote:
Sideshow Meg wrote:

She always plays dipsy characters.

But the character of Roz wasn't particularly dipsy. She was written differently.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:43 pm

I have been away for some time, and I just wanted to say how pleased I am that interest in these threads have remained, and I am still very enthusiastic for them to continue, and I will be starting another one later this afternoon, and then every two days (as I originally intended). I apologise for not being able to keep them going, but thanks everyone for being so patient.

The nomination polls can run until we have a final list of categories, and I will collect up all the information and compile the Forum Award official list of category nominations, and then we can all vote for the winners.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes