Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Like button

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Like button

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:28 pm

:twisted: A lot of forums are now sporting like/dislike buttons for posts.
Any chance of having them for FO? :D
Last edited by Forever Jung on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Re: Like button

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: A lot of forums are not sporting like/dislike buttons for posts.

Uh-oh... that's going to be a controversial question! The danger of having a 'like' button, IMHO, is that people will just click it rather than actually bothering to respond to someone.

PS. Was that 'not' a typo? It kind of changed the meaning of your whole post. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Was that 'not' a typo? It kind of changed the meaning of your whole post. :lol:

:twisted: Good catch *edits* :lol:

Dorset Girl wrote:Uh-oh... that's going to be a controversial question! The danger of having a 'like' button, IMHO, is that people will just click it rather than actually bothering to respond to someone.

A good point.

Personally I find it useful on mlukfc and on Facebook when I want to "like" the post, but really don't have anything else to say but "like" or "great".
Quite often i'll like a post and reply to it.
I like to have both options.
But I can see where you are coming from that it could be a convo killer if overused.
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:38 pm

"I just don't like him." can sometimes be very upsetting and end up in arson. :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Patrick wrote:"I just don't like him." can sometimes be very upsetting and end up in arson. :lol:

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Patrick wrote:"I just don't like him." can sometimes be very upsetting and end up in arson. :lol:

:twisted: Now if we had a like button......................... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Stu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: A lot of forums are now sporting like/dislike buttons for posts.

If such a button is ever added to the core of the forum software by the developers, then we'll see it then

Otherwise it's down to user developed MOD's, which have to keep pace with any changes to the software, and I've yet to see one that both lightweight and does the job, so no would be the short term answer

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Stu wrote:If such a button is ever added to the core of the forum software by the developers, then we'll see it then

Otherwise it's down to user developed MOD's, which have to keep pace with any changes to the software, and I've yet to see one that both lightweight and does the job, so no would be the short term answer

Stu

*Like*

(Haha, sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: )
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Stu wrote:If such a button is ever added to the core of the forum software by the developers, then we'll see it then

Stu

*Like*

(Haha, sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: )

:twisted: :P :lol:
Forever Jung

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support