Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fic

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Fic

Postby alyson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 am

Hello all,
I am sort of new here so forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. I did do a quick search and didn't see anything, but feel free to delete this if it is a repeat.
I am in search of some good fanfiction. What can I say - work is slow and I need something to do during those long 8 hours. My preference is for Niles and Daphne. I've looked at some of the ones at Fanfiction.net, but was wondering if anyone knows of another resource? My understanding is that back in the day, there were a lot of host sites, but not so much today. Anyone know another place to go? Or have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for keeping this site going!
alyson

Re: Fic

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 pm

alyson wrote:Hello all,
I am sort of new here so forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. I did do a quick search and didn't see anything, but feel free to delete this if it is a repeat.
I am in search of some good fanfiction. What can I say - work is slow and I need something to do during those long 8 hours. My preference is for Niles and Daphne. I've looked at some of the ones at Fanfiction.net, but was wondering if anyone knows of another resource? My understanding is that back in the day, there were a lot of host sites, but not so much today. Anyone know another place to go? Or have any recommendations?

I highly recommend the script Strat and I wrote :D

Strat, do you have a link?

You'll find the odd thing around this site hidden away but if I'm honest there's a bunch of Niles/Daphne stuff over at Frasier Mania. I'll see if I can find you a link.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Found it:-

http://cafenervosa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=DiscussyourFanFictionideashere

Lots of stuff on there, some of it quite decent.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby alyson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Great, thanks!
I'd love to read the script you all wrote if you can find it.
alyson

Postby Stratman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
alyson wrote:Hello all,

I highly recommend the script Strat and I wrote :D

Strat, do you have a link?

Will get right on that.

You'll find the odd thing around this site hidden away but if I'm honest there's a bunch of Niles/Daphne stuff over at Frasier Mania. I'll see if I can find you a link.

I'd definitely recommend Dorian Blue's work; well written despite it's shipping tendencies.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:10 pm

You should also get in the way back machine and take a look at the Eunice fan fiction website, that place was a hot bed for N/D fiction. As far as the script written by Blue Sky and myself is concerned, it's a comedic plot designed to offset the heavy nature of the main plot so if you're a typical N/D fan it won't be exactly what you are looking for.
Stratman

Postby alyson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks, guys!
The links I've seen for Eunice's site don't work. Darn my not knowing about fanfiction unti 2005! And double darn for not knowing about Frasier fic until, erm, last year.
alyson

Postby Stratman » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, Eunice doesn't exist anymore. Use the following site to find the archived version...

http://www.archive.org/

I'll find a place to link the aforementioned script as well.
Stratman

Postby alyson » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Ah, thanks. Works now.
Yeah, I think that can keep my occupied for awhile. :D
alyson

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support