Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Weirdness on the Rant Thread

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Weirdness on the Rant Thread

Postby Lil » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:17 am

Although I already read the new posts on the Rant thread, it still has the orange alert button to let me know I hadn't read it yet.

Also, when I logged on a couple minutes ago, it says the last post was made on the Off-Topic Discussion by Cat, posted on Sept. 10. But after I posted now, obviously after Cat's post, it says it's from Sept. 9. Strange.

Wanted to let all you moderators/administrators know what the dilly-o is with that. :)
Lil

Re: Weirdness on the Rant Thread

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:28 am

Sorry LiL, I missed this earlier.

I had a problem a while back with a 'read thread' still being highlighted in orange, so I marked the whole forum as read on the forum home page and that seemed to cure it.

As for the date thing, I've no idea why that's happening to you. Everything appears ok from my perspective. Perhaps Stu can shed some light?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Lil » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Everything seems to be fine now. As for that date thing, I think my computer was just momentarily freaking out.

:) Thanks, BS.
Lil

Postby Stu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Damn, my original reply on the day you created the thread must have got lost as my computer crashed just as it was submitting it.

I was having issues that day with the rant thread too, it wouldn't go to the last post for some reason. Like BS, I clicked the mark all read link to get rid of the orange marker.

Think it was just one of those odd little database glitches from time to time, haven't had any similar issues since.
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Lil » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:22 am

Glad to know I wasn't the only one having problems. Thanks for the post, Stu. :)
Lil

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support