Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Newbie here!

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Newbie here!

Postby Kristen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:43 am

I'm new here (obviously, LOL!). I've recently started watching Frasier reruns on TV, and I've fallen in love. Thanks to a local station, as well as Lifetime, I get 4 eps. in a row a night. Not a bad deal, huh? Although I do wish the local eps. were shown in order like Lifetime's. Oh well. Favorite episodes is a tough topic, esp. since I haven't seen the whole series yet. But I watched "Flour Child" on Youtube a week or so ago, and it nearly killed me. "A real child would have screamed before it burst into flames!" LOL Ditto for "Ham Radio." But, as a Niles/Daphne fan, I also have to say that "Moon Dance" is hard to top. Oh, and I've loved all the Frasier/Lilith eps. I've seen so far, esp. "Adventures in Paradise," w/ Frasier jumping on the bed. LOL. I could go on, but I think that covers that.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have found a bunch of other die-hard fans. None of my friends watch, so I kind of feel alone right now. Good to know there ARE others. I'm also a huge fan of the sitcom Wings, which I know is from the same producers, not to mention that Frasier and Lilith were actually ON there once. I haven't really seen much of Cheers, but lately I've been thinking I should, at least to get more of an understanding of Frasier's backstory. It's already in my Netflix queue, so I'm sure once I really give it a shot, I'll have ANOTHER addiction on my hands, as if I need one, hehe.

Sorry for rambling on so much, I didn't really intend for this post to get so long. Looking forward to hanging out here more. :)

- Kristen
Kristen

Re: Newbie here!

Postby Daphne K » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Kristen!
Welcome aboard... nice to have you here! Always funny to see there are more and more Frasier fans, even though the series have ended quite long ago.
:thumbright:
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Kristen, congrats on having found Frasier! Welcome to Frasier Online. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Welcome Kristin. Since you're watching on LIfetime I'm going to assume you're a "fellow American?"
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Karin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kristen! :)

Those are some great episodes you mentioned, I love Flour Child and Ham Radio. And I'm sure you're going to enjoy Cheers as well once you give it a try.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:58 pm

welcome to the forum newbie , glad to see a relitivly new fan to Frasier ...better late then never eh :D :)
woggle

Postby Lil » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi Kristen! Welcome.

The quote you mentioned from Flour Child made me laugh right out loud about a child screaming before bursting into flames :lol: :lol: Thanks for the reminder of that awesome line!
Lil

Postby Kristen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes. :) I think I'm going to fit in fine here. Yes, I'm American, New York, to be specific. Lifetime shows several eps. a day, but I usually watch the late night ones. Plus with my local station also playing it, I'm sure I'll have seen the whole series in no time. Not to mention seeing certain eps. on YouTube. I bought season 1 a week ago, and I'm already being tempted to buy S2. I love a number of eps. from that season, esp. "Flour Child," of course.

- Kristen
Kristen

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Kristen wrote:Thanks for all the welcomes. :) I think I'm going to fit in fine here. Yes, I'm American, New York, to be specific. Lifetime shows several eps. a day, but I usually watch the late night ones. Plus with my local station also playing it, I'm sure I'll have seen the whole series in no time. Not to mention seeing certain eps. on YouTube. I bought season 1 a week ago, and I'm already being tempted to buy S2. I love a number of eps. from that season, esp. "Flour Child," of course.

- Kristen

LaughingisLife (LiL) lives in New York (Poughkeepsie to be exact). I'm actually in NYC right now but I live in Milwaukee.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome to the board, Kristen. Always nice to see new fans of the show turning up.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Lil » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Kristen wrote:Thanks for all the welcomes. :) I think I'm going to fit in fine here. Yes, I'm American, New York, to be specific. Lifetime shows several eps. a day, but I usually watch the late night ones. Plus with my local station also playing it, I'm sure I'll have seen the whole series in no time. Not to mention seeing certain eps. on YouTube. I bought season 1 a week ago, and I'm already being tempted to buy S2. I love a number of eps. from that season, esp. "Flour Child," of course.

- Kristen

LaughingisLife (LiL) lives in New York (Poughkeepsie to be exact). I'm actually in NYC right now but I live in Milwaukee.

Yay a fellow New Yorker! Glad to have you on board. Where abouts in NY are you, Kristen?
Lil

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support