Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What the dickens?

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

What the dickens?

Postby tubalcain » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:01 am

Not one to complain but twice today I tried to post and both times I found I was logged out when I was actually in and then the content vanished when I tried to resend.Checked all the usual stuff,been trying to log off and back on after posting and that all works.Not been timed out either.Only moot point is the last post took a long time to create and now it's gone the same way.Any suggestions?
Regards,Tubalcain
tubalcain

Re: What the dickens?

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

tubalcain wrote:Not one to complain but twice today I tried to post and both times I found I was logged out when I was actually in and then the content vanished when I tried to resend.Checked all the usual stuff,been trying to log off and back on after posting and that all works.Not been timed out either.Only moot point is the last post took a long time to create and now it's gone the same way.Any suggestions?
Regards,Tubalcain

What browser are you using? I'd strongly recommend downloading Firefox if you don't have it already. I had similar problems to the ones you describe when I used IE.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 am

I don't have a problem with being logged out, but the board does occasionally hang when i submit a post. I just get a blank page and have to use the back button and then resubmit.

Do you have any custom settings set up in your browser for handling cookies and sessions?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby tubalcain » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
tubalcain wrote:Not one to complain but twice today I tried to post and both times I found I was logged out when I was actually in and then the content vanished when I tried to resend.Checked all the usual stuff,been trying to log off and back on after posting and that all works.Not been timed out either.Only moot point is the last post took a long time to create and now it's gone the same way.Any suggestions?
Regards,Tubalcain

What browser are you using? I'd strongly recommend downloading Firefox if you don't have it already. I had similar problems to the ones you describe when I used IE.

Been with the fox from the start.Guess it must have been my occasional wireless hiccup.(adjusts tie.).Thanks for the keys,it's nbd. :)
tubalcain

Postby tubalcain » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am

Moon-Crane wrote:I don't have a problem with being logged out, but the board does occasionally hang when i submit a post. I just get a blank page and have to use the back button and then resubmit.

Do you have any custom settings set up in your browser for handling cookies and sessions?

Everything would appear to be in order again today.The blank page+2 I had yesterday and failure to resub must have been down to my 3G getting tango'd.Guess even the 2G must have been out,itfa.
All custom settings toast nicely.Weird. (Looks skyward a la Niles and the thanksgiving turkey...).
Thanks. :)
tubalcain

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support