Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Email notification of PMs

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Email notification of PMs

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:39 am

Would anyone have any idea why I may have suddenly stopped receiving email notification when I receive a PM? The option is set to 'yes' in my profile, and my email address is definitely correct. I'm receiving other emails okay, but none from FO. :(

Any suggestions, anyone?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:20 am

One for Stu I think. I've double checked your profile details and they seem fine to me.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:One for Stu I think. I've double checked your profile details and they seem fine to me.

Okay, thanks anyway. :) Weird, I have no idea why it's stopped working. :?
Dorset Girl

Postby Stu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 am

Hmm, bit puzzling DG.

Doing a search over at the phpbb support forum, other people have had exactly the same issue as you with phpbb e-mails. See this thread for example:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=593209&p=3269329&hilit=yahoo+pm+notification#p3269329

To be honest, I have seen issues with some of the other big mail providers (hotmail etc) as a lot of the phpbb mails all look the same so I think their spam rules kick in and it gets treated as spam. If you can't find it in your Bulk or Junk e-mail folders, then Yahoo is removing it before it gets to you. Not that much I can do about it in the short term, though I believe changing the text of the mails that get sent can have an effect as it wouldn't look the same as all the phpbb forums.

Let me know what you find your end, and I'll see what I can find from mine

Stu
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:46 am

Image to Yahoo then! :lol: I've checked all the settings I can think of, and I really can't work it out. It's not going into the spam folder, and FO's not on the 'banned' list...

Never mind, it's not like I never log in here much :lol: so I'll find PMs eventually anyway. :) Thanks very much for trying to sort it though Stu.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Stu - it seems to be working again now, sorry - I don't know what happened there? :?
Dorset Girl

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support