Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

More profile fields

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

More profile fields

Postby Wezzo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm

Stu,
Any chance of adding additional fields to the profiles, such as favourite TV shows or favourite music? I'd like to add a little more information about myself to my profile, and right now all I can really use is the 'Interests' box.

Cheers :)
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:07 pm

I second that motion.
Stratman

Postby Stu » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Yeah that sounds like a good idea Wezzo - I'm sure other phpbb forums have wanted the same thing so there's likely to be a way of making that happen.

I'll see what I can find.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:26 am

Stratman wrote:I second that motion.

"I second that emotion..." :D

I believe Smokey Robinson sings that song.

I like Wezzo's idea too; thanks for looking into it, Stu. :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Re: More profile fields

Postby brandybordeaux » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:03 am

Wezzo wrote:Stu,
Any chance of adding additional fields to the profiles, such as favourite TV shows or favourite music? I'd like to add a little more information about myself to my profile, and right now all I can really use is the 'Interests' box.

Cheers :)

How about a 'Your Favourite Frasier Episode' field?
brandybordeaux

Postby sparky21 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:37 am

thatd be even better !

:idea:
Roz: She's Bebe! If you had said you liked my eyes, they would have been on your desk tomorrow in a Tiffany box! - Roz's Turn
sparky21

Postby Wezzo » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:00 pm

Also a great idea, brandybordeaux!
Wezzo

Postby Stu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:33 pm

I have now added a 'Favourite Frasier Episode' field to the profile section, so if you go to your profile, you should find a field to fill in with the name of your favourite episode.

I have also upgraded the forum to the latest version at the same time, so if anyone notices anything odd or different, or not working properly,let me know.

The process of adding a new field is sadly not a case of just adding one field to one table for example, but editing 11 different files every time I want to add a new field, so while I would be open to adding more profile fields, ideally I would want to add them all at the same time.

So if you have any other ideas for more fields, use this thread to build up a list:

I'll start by adding Wezzo's other choices:
- TV Shows
- Music

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks, Stu. :)

Another idea for a profile field is one for favourite books.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby brandybordeaux » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Whhey! I've penciled in my favourite ep. already!
brandybordeaux

Postby citystreets » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:12 pm

Very cool! I wish I could think of a more unique one than Ham Radio but... :lol:

How about favourite Frasier character?
Frasier: Yes, I've seen your log, and I’ve dated every toad on it!
citystreets

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:09 am

citystreets wrote:Very cool! I wish I could think of a more unique one than Ham Radio but... :lol:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with not being unique. :D

My favourite episode of Frasier is Spiderdorawindacoratabimuflyspinbuttons. It's a fantastic episode; what does everyone else think of it?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:33 am

Favourite movie, perhaps? Or when you became a Frasier fan?

Oh, and I love that one, BGF. ;)

Kudos on the work, Stu. :)
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:46 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
citystreets wrote:Very cool! I wish I could think of a more unique one than Ham Radio but... :lol:

Hey, there's nothing wrong with not being unique. :D

My favourite episode of Frasier is Spiderdorawindacoratabimuflyspinbuttons. It's a fantastic episode; what does everyone else think of it?

That reminds me of that faux article you wrote regarding a lost episode of Frasier, or something like that. It was a long time ago. :D
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 am

Stratman wrote:That reminds me of that faux article you wrote regarding a lost episode of Frasier, or something like that. It was a long time ago. :D

I think you're thinking of the thread I started about Frasier's Curse (which was being argued about in the Season 6 thread) really being a fake episode. I said that they had used some device that fooled us into thinking we were seeing action on the screen, but that in reality, there was nothing.

I think the date I started that thread was 10th August 2005.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Another profile field idea - gender?
Wezzo

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support