Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

My Posts

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:55 pm

Stratman wrote:The thread that killed my reputation.

...that I started :oops:

It was the one with the link to Flame Warriors, which I originally posted so people could see the humorous cartoon drawings from site creator Mike Reed, complete with a pithy description of each type of poster you are likely to encounter on a message board.

I won't go into the full details of what Strat's referring to, but basically I had to delete the thread as it was linked to that site's message board, which wasn't desirable.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby roz11 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Oh okay I vaguely remember it now. Thanks BN.
roz11

Postby Nervosa » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:34 pm

I have a similar problem. In preferences, I have selected that I do not wish to receive topic reply emails as it's too much to keep track of.

But every time someone posts on the "Last TV show you watched thread", I receive an email notifying me of a reply. The (even more) strange thing is, I've never even posted on it.

I've receieved two of these emails in the length of time spent typing this!
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Stu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:44 am

nervosa wrote:I have a similar problem. In preferences, I have selected that I do not wish to receive topic reply emails as it's too much to keep track of.

But every time someone posts on the "Last TV show you watched thread", I receive an email notifying me of a reply. The (even more) strange thing is, I've never even posted on it.

I've receieved two of these emails in the length of time spent typing this!

The option in preferences to turn off the topic reply e-mails doesn't affect any that are already active.

I would suggest you go into any thread that you are receiving e-mails about and on the right hand side at the top of the thread see if there is a link to 'Stop watching this thread for replies' or something similar to that. Clicking on it should stop any future e-mails for that thread

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see if there's something I can do in the back of the database.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Nervosa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:11 pm

OK Stu, Ta. I've done that so that should be the end of it now.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Previous

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support