Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

A polling forum?

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

Postby Stratman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:37 am

Well, I'm voting for I'm Alan Partridge.
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm

i'm going to give a shout for Black Books
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby roz11 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:28 pm

BN, why don't you use the top twenty sitcoms selected by BBC viewers? Just a suggestion as nobody can then complain about it being unfair. Here's a link if you're interested:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sitcom/winner.shtml
roz11

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:30 pm

Thanks for that link Roz. I had already thought of using the BBC's own poll from a couple of years ago but I didn’t feel the final results were truly reflective of the best British comedies, merely the most popular. Also there's no way The Vicar Of Dibley would have finished in the top twenty on any critics list, nevermind third!! Yes, it's amusing enough but the reason it finished so high was due to Carol Vorderman turning the live finale into a 'battle of the sexes' and managed to pull the women’s vote on the strength of the show's female lead.

CV's a very intelligent woman who I respect but I'm afraid her argument for VoD that evening amounted to "C'mon, we don't want the boys to win!" :roll:

I think a critics poll (like the one Frasier finished top of recently! :D ) is a much better way of deciding which is the best show (i.e., best writing and performances). Whenever it comes down to a public vote you just get a popularity contest.

Anyway, rant over (I got quite worked up at the time, as you can probably tell!). There doesn't seem to be a better way of deciding a top 20 list to choose our list from so I'll go with your suggestion Roz :) Expect to see that poll on the off topic forum shortly. I’ll keep it open ended like the US one too.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:18 am

I'm very suprised that I'm Alan Partridge rated so low. How could it possible rate lower than Birds Of A Feather, The Royle Family, and my pick for most overrated and trashiest comedy ever, Absolutely Fabulous? It's madness.
Stratman

Previous

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support