Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

NFL 2012-2013 Season

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Tough being a Giants fan this year Benny.


Did you see the game last night? I'm glad I was far enough away from the TV or I would've put my fist through it. :lol: One of Eli's interceptions was so stupid it was unbelieveable.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Giants 0-4. Chiefs 4-0.

Something is really out of whack in NFL Land!


Make that 0-5 & 5-0. The world's gone mental!

Pleased we beat the Chargers for a bit of personal pride, even if we're both well out of the division this season. Pryor still looking promising. :)

Crazy scoring frenzy between Denver and Dallas. Looking forward to seeing how a strong defensive team affects the 'free-scoring' Broncos.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm

welshben23 wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Tough being a Giants fan this year Benny.


Did you see the game last night? I'm glad I was far enough away from the TV or I would've put my fist through it. :lol: One of Eli's interceptions was so stupid it was unbelieveable.


At least Eli isn't poor old Matt Schaub!
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Giants 0-4. Chiefs 4-0.

Something is really out of whack in NFL Land!


Make that 0-5 & 5-0. The world's gone mental!

Pleased we beat the Chargers for a bit of personal pride, even if we're both well out of the division this season. Pryor still looking promising. :)

Crazy scoring frenzy between Denver and Dallas. Looking forward to seeing how a strong defensive team affects the 'free-scoring' Broncos.


Damn Raiders messed up my Fantasy team :P That Denver-Dallas game was great for my fantasy team though. I know the saying is "Any Given Sunday" but I am seriously worried about the Jacksonville Jaguars, they play the Broncos on Sunday. Some of their players are going to need therapy after that game!
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 pm

welshben23 wrote: I know the saying is "Any Given Sunday" but I am seriously worried about the Jacksonville Jaguars, they play the Broncos on Sunday. Some of their players are going to need therapy after that game!


:lol: Yes, when i said i was looking forward to seeing the Broncos play a strong defensive outfit, it definitely didn't imply their forthcoming fixture :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

I think there might need to be a "mercy" rule put in place for the Broncos/Jags game. The Broncos could score over 100 point in that one! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 am

Three regular-season games pencilled in for Wembley next season, and the Raiders are signed up to be the 'home' team in one of them. I'll look to get to that one.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Giants 0-6 now. Ridiculous. :shock:

Just had a look at your fixture list, Ben. You've got Vikings, Eagles, followed by my lot in week 10 - so that run should help you get some wins on the board.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Giants 0-6 now. Ridiculous. :shock:

Just had a look at your fixture list, Ben. You've got Vikings, Eagles, followed by my lot in week 10 - so that run should help you get some wins on the board.


I hope so but at the moment I really doubt it. The defense can't stop anybody & if they carry on like that, Peterson, McCoy and Pryor(who I really rate) are going to run all over us.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:59 pm

welshben23 wrote:I hope so but at the moment I really doubt it. The defense can't stop anybody & if they carry on like that, Peterson, McCoy and Pryor(who I really rate) are going to run all over us.


That'll be the Pryor who was sacked ten times by KC :wink: I jest of course as we were, apparently, better than that stat suggests. But it paints our offensive line as one to get at, and Pryor can't do anything if that line in front of him can't do their job.

Incidentally, did you see the bit from our game where we ended up in the magnificent position of being 3rd & 48? That's got to be the highest yardage on downs i can ever recall :lol: (1st &10, sack - 2nd & 27, penalty - 2nd & 37, sack - 3rd and 48!)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote:I hope so but at the moment I really doubt it. The defense can't stop anybody & if they carry on like that, Peterson, McCoy and Pryor(who I really rate) are going to run all over us.


That'll be the Pryor who was sacked ten times by KC :wink: I jest of course as we were, apparently, better than that stat suggests. But it paints our offensive line as one to get at, and Pryor can't do anything if that line in front of him can't do their job.

Incidentally, did you see the bit from our game where we ended up in the magnificent position of being 3rd & 48? That's got to be the highest yardage on downs i can ever recall :lol: (1st &10, sack - 2nd & 27, penalty - 2nd & 37, sack - 3rd and 48!)


:D Sorry M-C, I think I put a curse on him when I said that. I must've done the same to the Denver Offense. I missed that 3rd & 48, it's definitely the highest yardage on downs I can recall too. If you get into that position on November 10th, the way the Giants are playing now you will probably get the 1st down. :lol:
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 am

Green Bay is down to two wide receivers and one of them is Jarrett Boykin who leaves a lot to be desired. Jordy Nelson has just become our receiving corps! Good thing we have a pretty cushy schedule coming up.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Green Bay is down to two wide receivers and one of them is Jarrett Boykin who leaves a lot to be desired. Jordy Nelson has just become our receiving corps! Good thing we have a pretty cushy schedule coming up.


:lol:

At least you've still got it all to play for this season. Open division, as i can't see either of Detroit or Chicago going on a run. You fancy your chances of topping them both?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Green Bay is down to two wide receivers and one of them is Jarrett Boykin who leaves a lot to be desired. Jordy Nelson has just become our receiving corps! Good thing we have a pretty cushy schedule coming up.


:lol:

At least you've still got it all to play for this season. Open division, as i can't see either of Detroit or Chicago going on a run. You fancy your chances of topping them both?


I have no doubt we'll win the division.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 am

Your Giants finally got one Benny!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Your Giants finally got one Benny!


:lol: Woo-hoo! Eli didn't throw an interception either.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Clean sweep of wins for us three at the weekend. Rare occurrence indeed :lol:

Cat, you must have been going mental over that Vikings touchdown return from the kickoff! All worked out good in the end.

It's war this week, Benny-boy ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Clean sweep of wins for us three at the weekend. Rare occurrence indeed :lol:

Cat, you must have been going mental over that Vikings touchdown return from the kickoff! All worked out good in the end.

It's war this week, Benny-boy ;)


I wasn't too concerned. I pretty much knew the Vikings weren't going to score much the rest of the game. Their two TDs were basically garbage time scores and one of them was obtained only because of a BS interference call.

Giants have won two in a row! On to the Super Bowl Benny!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Clean sweep of wins for us three at the weekend. Rare occurrence indeed :lol:

Cat, you must have been going mental over that Vikings touchdown return from the kickoff! All worked out good in the end.

It's war this week, Benny-boy ;)


:boxing: I am a lot more confident about this game than I was 2 weeks ago! :lol: I hope the good Eli turns up on November 10th and not the interception throwing, fumbling, adopted Manning.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Clean sweep of wins for us three at the weekend. Rare occurrence indeed :lol:

Cat, you must have been going mental over that Vikings touchdown return from the kickoff! All worked out good in the end.

It's war this week, Benny-boy ;)


I wasn't too concerned. I pretty much knew the Vikings weren't going to score much the rest of the game. Their two TDs were basically garbage time scores and one of them was obtained only because of a BS interference call.

Giants have won two in a row! On to the Super Bowl Benny!


:lol: One of the experts, I can't remember who now, said that out of all the teams with losing records the Giants are the ones who have the best chance of going on a winning run and reaching the playoffs! HA! Only if we can clone Victor Cruz to play the other two WR positions and TE too.
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 am

Ugh! That is all I have to say about that game.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 am

Yet another terrible display from the defense. I want to trade them all in for a new batch.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Yet another terrible display from the defense. I want to trade them all in for a new batch.


Hopefully they will have another stinker on Sunday. :D
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 am

welshben23 wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Yet another terrible display from the defense. I want to trade them all in for a new batch.


Hopefully they will have another stinker on Sunday. :D


The Giants could be the worst team in the league and only win one game every single year and it would be the game they played against Green Bay. We seem to have some kind of mental block when we play them.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 pm

It all gone to pot. I think all three of us have had it this year.

Pretty sure the bloody Cowboys have finished both of mine and Ben's incredibly slim hopes. You need Rodgers fit as soon as possible, Cat!

I think i'll try to pick up tickets for the Raiders/Dolphins Wembley game next September. Go on sale in a couple of weeks.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2017. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.