Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

NFL 2012-2013 Season

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: NFL 2012-2013 Season

Postby welshben23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Welcome back Ben. Wondered why you hadn't been posting much on here this season. Your lot are doing ok anyway. Shaping up to be a tight division. I just finished watching the Chargers/Saints game. Thought the Saints got the benefit of a fair few calls but i'm happy to see them beat the Chargers.

Channel4 initially had the Browns/Giants final score as 27-14 instead of 27-41. That must have given a few people a scare :D Browns are looking awful.

Just about ok. :lol: Giving up 14 easy points and a pathetic 3rd and 22 to the lowly Browns is a bit worrying though. The division is going to be really tight I think, even the Redskins are in with a shout if they can RGIII back quickly.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Welcome back Ben. Wondered why you hadn't been posting much on here this season. Your lot are doing ok anyway. Shaping up to be a tight division. I just finished watching the Chargers/Saints game. Thought the Saints got the benefit of a fair few calls but i'm happy to see them beat the Chargers.

Channel4 initially had the Browns/Giants final score as 27-14 instead of 27-41. That must have given a few people a scare :D Browns are looking awful.

Just about ok. :lol: Giving up 14 easy points and a pathetic 3rd and 22 to the lowly Browns is a bit worrying though. The division is going to be really tight I think, even the Redskins are in with a shout if they can RGIII back quickly.

You're doing better than my mob anyway. We've only got a vaguely outside chance because i can't see either of the Chargers or Broncos going on a good enough run to pull too far away. I can imagine 8-8 being enough in our division, but, realistically, i don't think we'll even reach that. I think the Chargers will probably take it with a 9-7. we'll be lucky to get 6-10 with our form.

Channel 4 get the Packers/Texans game next week, so i'm looking forward to that.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 am

That Packer/Texan game will be at like 1:00am for you guys! Hope you can stay up that late! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:That Packer/Texan game will be at like 1:00am for you guys! Hope you can stay up that late! :lol:

:D Yep. Channel 4's games are always the sunday night game in the US. So I usually just record them, avoid the result (easy in this country), and watch it while i'm working the next morning.

How confident are you feeling that you can end this Texan run?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:That Packer/Texan game will be at like 1:00am for you guys! Hope you can stay up that late! :lol:

:D Yep. Channel 4's games are always the sunday night game in the US. So I usually just record them, avoid the result (easy in this country), and watch it while i'm working the next morning.

How confident are you feeling that you can end this Texan run?

Not at all confident. We have no offensive line and Aaron Rodgers is going to get killed by J.J. Watt. Plus, our only chance at a running game in Cedric Benson is now out for 8 weeks.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow that sunday night game didn't live up to the hype. I was really interested to see what this Texan side was all about. When they finally turn up can someone let me know! :D

You must have loved that game, Cat! Excellent result for you. I didn't think your boys played all that great, really, but they didn't need to. Rodgers was looking good though. I wonder if that'll at least shut up his idiot critics for a short while?

Good game for your lot, Ben. Decent win over SF, that one.

Surprised we kept so close with the Falcons, to typically blow it at the very end.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Wow that sunday night game didn't live up to the hype. I was really interested to see what this Texan side was all about. When they finally turn up can someone let me know! :D

You must have loved that game, Cat! Excellent result for you. I didn't think your boys played all that great, really, but they didn't need to. Rodgers was looking good though. I wonder if that'll at least shut up his idiot critics for a short while?

Surprised we kept so close with the Falcons, to typically blow it at the very end.

Seriously? We had 3 interceptions and sacked Shaub more in one game than he's been sacked all season. We were missing a HUGE part of our defensive line and lost another one halfway into the game and still managed to play good defense. Our offensive line only allowed J.J. Watt to get to Rodgers twice which is pretty good for a swiss cheese offensive line! Additionally, we had 2 guys who had 2 TDs apiece and we had a fairly decent running game with our 2nd string running back. I think they played pretty great.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:54 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Wow that sunday night game didn't live up to the hype. I was really interested to see what this Texan side was all about. When they finally turn up can someone let me know! :D

Seriously? We had 3 interceptions and sacked Shaub more in one game than he's been sacked all season. We were missing a HUGE part of our defensive line and lost another one halfway into the game and still managed to play good defense. Our offensive line only allowed J.J. Watt to get to Rodgers twice which is pretty good for a swiss cheese offensive line! Additionally, we had 2 guys who had 2 TDs apiece and we had a fairly decent running game with our 2nd string running back. I think they played pretty great.

Sorry, that line should have read: I didn't think your guys played all that great at the start. Missed quite an important bit out there :D But, Rodgers hit the ground running and brought everyone into it. Packers as a team grew into the game and destroyed Houston. The Texans were truly abysmal and after hearing lots of good things about them i'd expected more from a 5-0 team playing at home. Couldn't believe the amount of crazy ass stupid penalties they were giving away at important moments.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am

My favorite penalty was the guy who tried to punch his way out of the bottom of the pile!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:My favorite penalty was the guy who tried to punch his way out of the bottom of the pile!

:lol: I know, what an idiot. Made me laugh when the commentator said he might as well have tried to kiss the other guy rather than punching him in the helmet.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 pm

What the hell happened to the Chargers against the Broncos last night? I saw the 24-0 HT score on the NFL website when i woke and checked it last night and thought that was game over :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:What the hell happened to the Chargers against the Broncos last night? I saw the 24-0 HT score on the NFL website when i woke and checked it last night and thought that was game over :lol:

The Broncos were catching up when I went to bed. I hate Peyton Manning so I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch it! The Chargers must have gotten whatever bug the Packers had when they basically did the same thing against the Colts two weeks ago!
Last edited by CatNamedRudy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:What the hell happened to the Chargers against the Broncos last night? I saw the 24-0 HT score on the NFL website when i woke and checked it last night and thought that was game over :lol:

The Great Peyton Manning happened! That was the greatest comeback I've ever seen on live TV.
jrsightes

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 pm

jrsightes wrote:

The Great Peyton Manning happened! That was the greatest comeback I've ever seen on live TV.

He certainly destroyed the Saints last night. What a disappointment that game ended up being. I was looking forward to Manning and Brees slugging it out, but the Denver defence shut down the New Orleans passing game and that was their only trick. Saints look awful at the moment.

My Raiders managed to beat the woeful Chiefs. We're at the dizzying heights of 3-4 now :P We've won six times straight at their place. Just need to learn to win at some other places and we'll be alright :D Not really expecting much from upcoming games against the Buccs, Ravens and Saints (even though they're well below par).

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm going through football withdrawal! Was unable to watch any over the weekend. Though did see quite a few people wandering around London in Patriots jerseys on Sunday afternoon.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am

Packer game was scary! They managed to pull out a win but it was like the Cuban missile crisis for a while!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Packer game was scary! They managed to pull out a win but it was like the Cuban missile crisis for a while!

:D At least you won. A few games finished far closer than they should.

Wish we had some form of defence. We're shipping buckets of points each game. You know it's a bad season when the Broncos are running away with your division :lol:

I did enjoy watching Baltimore and Pittsburgh slug it out last night. Great start to the game for the backup qb, but Steelers certainly missed Benny.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 am

I watched the first 3 quarters of the Pitt/Baltimore game. It was all I could take of Pittsburgh's bumble bee prison outfits! :lol: It was a fun game to watch though.

Your Raiders just can't seem to get it right MC. Once upon a time they were the team to beat in the NFL but somewhere along the line that was lost. I hope it gets better for you before it gets worse.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I obviously put the kiss of death on them. :D I started following them in 85/86 when the game came to UK tv. They were doing fine until then with Super Bowl wins in the 76, 80 and 83 seasons. Apart from a trip to the Super Bowl in the 2002 season (and a losing AFC championship game in 2000) it's been a shoddy old record during that time.

You think we'll be the ones to end up back in LA in a couple of seasons? I can't quite see it being the Rams or Chargers, and i definitely can't see it being Bills or Jaguars.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 pm

I could definitely see the Raiders moving back to L.A. I would have said the Vikings were a certainty up until last winter when they finally agreed to a new stadium deal.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am

Oh man, i thought we were having a bad season. Those Jets were hilarious last night. This one cracked me up:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000099385/Gregory-32-yard-fumble-return-TD

:lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Oh man, i thought we were having a bad season. Those Jets were hilarious last night. This one cracked me up:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000099385/Gregory-32-yard-fumble-return-TD

:lol:

That game was hysterical! At one point (after the Pats scored another TD on a turnover), they showed Rex Ryan on the sideline and you could clearly see him say "Un-fucking-believable!"
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 am

Well that was a painful game to watch. I'm sure Benny is lovin it though!
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Well that was a painful game to watch. I'm sure Benny is lovin it though!

I've recorded the game but just looked at the final score. :lol: It will be a great watch for me later today. It looks like Eli was back to his best, at long last.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:23 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Well that was a painful game to watch. I'm sure Benny is lovin it though!

Ouch, that was a bad display. I was expecting a very close game.

Still, now you know how i feel every week :lol:

Some big games coming up for the Packers and Giants, but i expect to see you both in the play offs.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion