Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

2012 Olympics

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: 2012 Olympics

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 pm

That's awesome.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Thats super cool!! so jelous! lol

Wowzer been watching the BMX so many crashes ..ow ow ow ow! grest entertainment thou . :D
woggle

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm

WHOOOO HOOOOO

gold and bronze in the individual dressage :D :) :D
woggle

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 pm

EVEN BIGGER WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

For nicola adams :D well done girly!!!!!!!!
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:57 pm

One of my stupid friends posted the results of the women's beach volleyball on my FB page last night. Which wouldn't have been so bad except he posted it in my status where I had specifically mentioned that I was looking forward to watching the match to see which US team won.

And Woggle I just don't know how you can actually watch dressage. Shit's like watching paint dry. :)
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:One of my stupid friends posted the results of the women's beach volleyball on my FB page last night. Which wouldn't have been so bad except he posted it in my status where I had specifically mentioned that I was looking forward to watching the match to see which US team won.

And Woggle I just don't know how you can actually watch dressage. Shit's like watching paint dry. :)

lol...when theres a gold medal on the line it gets a tad more interesting :D

Bit of an annoying moment for you there that would certainly bug me to .
woggle

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Definatly enjoying womens footy the final has been pretty good so far . Im definalty not missing all the play acting * diving you get in the prem .

Not enjoying the defending our mens hockey team are doing or lack of it right now :roll:
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 pm

The Mens 800 Metres final was incredible. Rudisha is amazing.
welshben23

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Still managed to not watch any of the Olympics. And living in Weymouth that's a heck of an achievement! Im not anti Olympics, but I hate the way they've messed up and killed our town with it all, I don't think it's intentional but other than rich snobs the town is dead n full of police, making it hard to have any fun!

Still proud of Britain though. Just dont understand all the fuss, but neither do any of my aspie friends so i assume it's an aspie thing?!?!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Currently watching synchronized swimming. I could do a bit of synchro swimming when I was younger but nothing even close to what these girls do. People who don't think this is a sport have never tried to do it!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:07 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Currently watching synchronized swimming. I could do a bit of synchro swimming when I was younger but nothing even close to what these girls do. People who don't think this is a sport have never tried to do it!

I watched the medal winning performances earlier [ it actually made the no 1 channel for once ] i loved spain thought the sea monster idea was fab . I do try to watch some each olympics but it never seems to get much coverage .

Well done to our sailors today 2 silvers plus bronze for the girls hockey which i watched in full , shame they didn't play like that a match ago .Shame for BMX 'ers Reade just got a bad start , shame for her would like to of seen her get a medal of any colour.
woggle

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

OK question ..i hear some of the commentators at the basketball say the U.S.A has some big names on their team ...my question is how come professionals are allowed in basketball but the boxers have to be amatures?
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 pm

woggle wrote:OK question ..i hear some of the commentators at the basketball say the U.S.A has some big names on their team ...my question is how come professionals are allowed in basketball but the boxers have to be amatures?

Tennis players get to be professional too. In fact, I believe it was the tennis players that started it. I've never quite been able to figure out why and I don't like it. Never have.
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:08 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
woggle wrote:OK question ..i hear some of the commentators at the basketball say the U.S.A has some big names on their team ...my question is how come professionals are allowed in basketball but the boxers have to be amatures?

Tennis players get to be professional too. In fact, I believe it was the tennis players that started it. I've never quite been able to figure out why and I don't like it. Never have.

Oh yes of course i forgot about them ..it just seems a bit curious that the levels of ability are mixed . Who can i pose that question to i wonder ..lol might email the bbc .
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Currently watching synchronized swimming. I could do a bit of synchro swimming when I was younger but nothing even close to what these girls do. People who don't think this is a sport have never tried to do it!

I know it's rock solid difficult to control yourself in water the way they do. I liked the Spanish one most, i think, but those top three were all incredible.

Went down to Victoria Park, in London, on wednesday. One of the parks, along with Hyde park, where they're doing Olympic related stuff for free. We met up with friends to watch stuff on the big screens and they had various free sports, activities and entertainment (for children and adults) dotted throughout the place to have a go at. Tennis serve speed competitions, basketball courts, a stonehenge shaped bouncy castle, one of those wire things that Boris got stuck on, etc. Loads of things to do. Good fun.

Just watched Mo win the 5k to make it a 5k/10k gold double. great run.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:15 pm

woggle wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

Oh yes of course i forgot about them ..it just seems a bit curious that the levels of ability are mixed . Who can i pose that question to i wonder ..lol might email the bbc .

Isn't golf supposed to be added in Brazil? getting a bit silly now. I wouldn't really have professionals in tennis, basketball, football, etc, and certainly not golf :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Isn't golf supposed to be added in Brazil? getting a bit silly now. I wouldn't really have professionals in tennis, basketball, football, etc, and certainly not golf :lol:

Rugby Sevens is going to be added too. :lol:
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Are they going to allow professional golfers in the golf? And what are they removing to put in golf?
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Isn't golf supposed to be added in Brazil? getting a bit silly now. I wouldn't really have professionals in tennis, basketball, football, etc, and certainly not golf :lol:

Rugby Sevens is going to be added too. :lol:

That's right. I forgot that was also being added. Could be good, but not as another excuse for professionals to get a place in the games. Any of these sports could be in it with some restrictions.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Are they going to allow professional golfers in the golf? And what are they removing to put in golf?

there's nothign being dropped to make space in 2016. There were 26 sports here in London and there are due to be 28 sports in Rio. Wind surfing's been dropped for the Brazil games, but that's to make way for kite boarding.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Are they going to allow professional golfers in the golf? And what are they removing to put in golf?

there's nothign being dropped to make space in 2016. There were 26 sports here in London and there are due to be 28 sports in Rio. Wind surfing's been dropped for the Brazil games, but that's to make way for kite boarding.

I didn't even know wind surfing was in the Olympics. Not a whole lot of difference between wind surfing and kite boarding.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm

welshben23

Postby woggle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Hehe thats awsome !

I reckon im gonna shed a few tears watching the closing ceremony tonight , so sad its over and so proud of out guys n girls and the country as a whole :D :)
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 am

Well done London! Was a fun 2 weeks and your athletes did the UK proud.

Sure wish Chicago hadn't lost out to Rio for 2016. I would have been fun to have the Olympics 80 miles from my house.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 am

Could have done without the Spice Girls but Eric Idle was awesome!
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion