Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Which famous people have you met?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Wezzo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 am

The only one I can think of off-hand is Cerys Matthews (ex-lead singer of Catatonia, now solo), who Choni and I had a five-minute conversation with following one of her gigs. She's extremely friendly.

Great lists, all, I'm envious of many of you - Karin's meeting Tony Shalhoub has got to top my "jealousy" list though! Amazing :)
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:11 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Greg Koch (guitarist)


Nice one. Top guitarist. Love his 'chicken pickin' style :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Greg Koch (guitarist)


Nice one. Top guitarist. Love his 'chicken pickin' style :D


I love just watching him play. He lives in Milwaukee and plays here frequently. He's the brother-in-law of a friend of mine.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Karin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:45 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Bradley Whitford
Jane Kaczmarek

Cool. Where did you meet them? (sorry if you've mentioned it before, I don't remember right now)
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
User avatar
Karin
 
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:and, of course, just for DG - puppeteer Mark Mander :lol: ;)


:D That one should have been at the top of your list!

Michael Palin is the one I'm most jealous about - I think he's a great guy!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 am

Karin wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Bradley Whitford
Jane Kaczmarek

Cool. Where did you meet them? (sorry if you've mentioned it before, I don't remember right now)


When they were still married to each other, they were at a fundraiser for Senator Russ Feingold. Both of them are from Wisconsin. They were very nice.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Ramona » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 am

Wezzo wrote:The only one I can think of off-hand is Cerys Matthews (ex-lead singer of Catatonia, now solo), who Choni and I had a five-minute conversation with following one of her gigs. She's extremely friendly.

Great lists, all, I'm envious of many of you - Karin's meeting Tony Shalhoub has got to top my "jealousy" list though! Amazing :)

Aw I'd love to meet Cerys Matthews.:)
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
User avatar
Ramona
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 pm
Location: SPPAAAACCCCEE

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Wezzo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 am

Ramona wrote:
Wezzo wrote:The only one I can think of off-hand is Cerys Matthews (ex-lead singer of Catatonia, now solo), who Choni and I had a five-minute conversation with following one of her gigs. She's extremely friendly.

Great lists, all, I'm envious of many of you - Karin's meeting Tony Shalhoub has got to top my "jealousy" list though! Amazing :)


Aw I'd love to meet Cerys Matthews.:)


Attend one of her gigs and hang around afterwards - you'll have a good chance! :)

Welcome to the boards, by the way - don't believe I've said hello to you yet :)
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Bart Starr (Green Bay Packer Quarter Back during their first "Glory Years")
Gorman Thomas (baseball player)
Pete Vukovich (baseball player)
Paul Moitor (my favorite baseball player ever)
Lynn Dickey (Packer QB in the 80s)
Dan Jansen (Olympic speedskater)
Darrell Ingram (Packer tight end)
A bunch of former Packer players that I don't remember now
Moose Haas (baseball player)
Bob Uecker (baseball announcer for the Milwaukee Brewers and known by many as "Mr. Baseball")
Bill Clinton
Russ Feingold (Former US Senator)
Tom Barrett (Milwaukee Mayor and former US Congressman)
John Corbitt (when he was on Northern Exposure)
Barry Williams (Greg Brady-The Brady Bunch)
One of the guys that played one of the Darryls on "Newhart"
Bradley Whitford
Jane Kaczmarek
Greg Koch (guitarist)

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.


I'm actually jealous you got to meet Clinton, one of the Darryls and Uecker (he was also at two Wrestlemanias, and was famously strangled by Andre the Giant).

I've met or interviewed people like Henry Rollins, Jill Sobule, Harvey Pekar, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Jeffrey Combs, George A. Romero, George Takei, Tony Burton, Barbie Wilde, Lance Henricksen, "Diamond" Dallas Page, Tony Todd, Peter S. Beagle, Utah Phillips, Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, Ricou Browning, Tyler Mane, Brad Dourif, the guy from The Bay City Rollers, Lou Ferigno, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert z'Dar, Lori Petty, Peter Criss, Pete Best, Paul Reubens, Doug Bradley, Ashley Laurence, Lisa Wilcox and a whole mess of other people from horror movies, music and the like. I've met pretty much everyone who was in the original "Dawn" and "Day of The Dead" films. I just can't remember any of their names now.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Wezzo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Ah, interviews - that's reminded me that I've also met (and interviewed) Sir Menzies Campbell, ex-leader of the UK Liberal Democrat party. He was a pretty alright guy, even if his interview answers were extremely "politiciany"..
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Wezzo wrote:Ah, interviews - that's reminded me that I've also met (and interviewed) Sir Menzies Campbell, ex-leader of the UK Liberal Democrat party. He was a pretty alright guy, even if his interview answers were extremely "politiciany"..


Yeah, I remember that. He resigned soon afterwards. Coincidence? :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm actually jealous you got to meet Clinton, one of the Darryls and Uecker (he was also at two Wrestlemanias, and was famously strangled by Andre the Giant).


I know I've said this before but meeting Bill Clinton was one of the coolest things I've ever had happen to me. I only said one sentence to him and got to shake his hand but it was awesome. I told him I wished he was still in the Oval Office (this was in September 2002) and he looked at me and smiled and said "So do I!" It was pretty damn awesome!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Ah, interviews - that's reminded me that I've also met (and interviewed) Sir Menzies Campbell, ex-leader of the UK Liberal Democrat party. He was a pretty alright guy, even if his interview answers were extremely "politiciany"..


Yeah, I remember that. He resigned soon afterwards. Coincidence? :wink:


Wesley's a pretty dangerous mofo.

I've heard accounts of Clinton's charisma, and how even people who can't stand him are just completely sucked in by his charm.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:34 pm

I've heard accounts of Clinton's charisma, and how even people who can't stand him are just completely sucked in by his charm.


Quite true. No matter what you are doing, the second he enters a room you are aware of him. It was really kind of odd. People who were paying no attention to anything and had their back to the door stopped talking as soon as he walked in. The guy is electric.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby tenpercenter » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 am

shaun smith
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:55 am

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 pm

There's apparently a few of those. Two of them seem to be football players.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:29 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I've heard accounts of Clinton's charisma, and how even people who can't stand him are just completely sucked in by his charm.


There's got to be a joke in there about him being completely sucked in by Monica Lewinsky :)
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:
barnaclelapse wrote:I've heard accounts of Clinton's charisma, and how even people who can't stand him are just completely sucked in by his charm.


There's got to be a joke in there about him being completely sucked in by Monica Lewinsky :)


Maybe if she HAD completely sucked him in he wouldn't have gotten into the "mess" he got into! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:05 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Maybe if she HAD completely sucked him in he wouldn't have gotten into the "mess" he got into! :lol:


Ewwww! :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Maybe if she HAD completely sucked him in he wouldn't have gotten into the "mess" he got into! :lol:


Ewwww! :lol:


:lol:

i dont know. it seems a tough one to swallow.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Maybe if she HAD completely sucked him in he wouldn't have gotten into the "mess" he got into! :lol:


Ewwww! :lol:


:lol:

i dont know. it seems a tough one to swallow.


:pukeright:

:lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 pm

That made me do a spit take!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Noooo, bad mental picture! :lol: As long as you don't start talking about spit roasts, perhaps I can keep my supper down!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:47 pm

He should have splashed out on a new dress and got her to burn the old one that he splashed out on :)
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:36 pm

I just think it's funny that people seem a lot more apt now to just shrug and go "Eh, it was just screwing around on his wife", after eight mind-numbing years of stupid, stupid, stupid Republican bullshit.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.