Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Which famous people have you met?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Which famous people have you met?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I just think it's funny that people seem a lot more apt now to just shrug and go "Eh, it was just screwing around on his wife", after eight mind-numbing years of stupid, stupid, stupid Republican bullshit.

Republicans still think it's the worst thing that anybody has ever done! Everything bad that happened before Clinton and everything that has happened since Clinton is all Clinton's fault because he got a blowjob in the Oval Office!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:31 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Republicans still think it's the worst thing that anybody has ever done! Everything bad that happened before Clinton and everything that has happened since Clinton is all Clinton's fault because he got a blowjob in the Oval Office!

D'you know... I don't find Clinton remotely attractive. But the idea of giving an attractive boss a blowjob in his office is incredibly appealing! :twisted: That appeal must be multiplied by a few dozen if your boss happens to be the President of the USA....
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Republicans still think it's the worst thing that anybody has ever done! Everything bad that happened before Clinton and everything that has happened since Clinton is all Clinton's fault because he got a blowjob in the Oval Office!

D'you know... I don't find Clinton remotely attractive. But the idea of giving an attractive boss a blowjob in his office is incredibly appealing! :twisted: That appeal must be multiplied by a few dozen if your boss happens to be the President of the USA....

Absolutely!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:

From what I've read Clinton didn't have a lot of trouble getting some action (of course, he tended to set his sights very, very, very, very low) before he was President. He was a huge admirer of Kennedy, big surprise.
barnaclelapse

Postby kat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Sir Ranulph Fiennes, as you would expect a really interesting guy
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Maple » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 am

There are many people I know and have met who are famous. Actors, musians and choreographers being those in my circle. A very interesting lunch with Ian McKellen stands out as a highlight. But he is an aquaintance, not a friend. People I have worked alongside include Kylie Minogue, Phil Collins, as well as others.
My entire family is involved in entertainment. It is no big deal. Famous people are just people. Usually there is a job to do. The fact at this time people value "fame" for its own sake highly, has nothing to do with the job at hand.
Actors and musicians and dancers are interesting. Famous or not. At least I think so.
Maple

Postby Maple » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:04 pm

A famous person I got to hang out with who is not in my circle was former Australian cricket captain, Greg Chappell. What made that meeting really cool was that Allan Border and Dean Jones were also there.
THAT was a personal highlight. (Allan Border is one hard arse!)
Maple

Postby kat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 pm

recently I can add David Coulthard, Paul Di Resta and Christian Horner to the list
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Lil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Josh Groban
Gaby Hoffmann (from Now & Then)
Lance Bass (from the music group NSync)
Howie Mandel
Bernie Williams (retired NY Yankee)
Gayle King (not really famous, but Oprah's best friend)

Might be more...not sure.
Lil

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Maple wrote:A famous person I got to hang out with who is not in my circle was former Australian cricket captain, Greg Chappell. What made that meeting really cool was that Allan Border and Dean Jones were also there.

I don't think I could have resisted asking Greg about that underarm delivery he instructed his brother to bowl back in '81 :lol: As Richie Benaud said at the time - "One of the worst things I have ever seen done on a cricket field"

I grew up watching AB in the '80s - amazing to score so many runs at such a high average. Huge respect for the bloke even though I couldn't stand him :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:35 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Maple wrote:A famous person I got to hang out with who is not in my circle was former Australian cricket captain, Greg Chappell. What made that meeting really cool was that Allan Border and Dean Jones were also there.

I don't think I could have resisted asking Greg about that underarm delivery he instructed his brother to bowl back in '81 :lol: As Richie Benaud said at the time - "One of the worst things I have ever seen done on a cricket field"

I grew up watching AB in the '80s - amazing to score so many runs at such a high average. Huge respect for the bloke even though I couldn't stand him :D

:D If i bumped into GC i'd probably have to mention Ian Botham just to see the reaction.

Allan Border and Dean Jones were top players.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Maple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:31 pm

He was actually really cool. Botham was of a later generation. Botham was cool. I read his book. A shame he became an apologist and manager for Pierterson. I recall a non catch that Botham claimed a catch that the world could see hit the ground. England became a bit desperate.

Always loved Botham though. Legend.
Maple

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion