Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Pet hates!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Pet hates!

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:29 am

There maybe a subject posted about this already but thought id see what pisses ya'll off ?!

- I'll start it of with Skinny jeans !!! why would you wear something that shows everyting off ergh can't stand them. -

- Wating in a long queue for what seems like forever finally getting to the front & the phone goes and the server person answers it and takes an order or whatever ...bloody serve me first ive been here for an age!!

- Stephen Fry !

- Text speak in a full written sentance ....plain takes me longer to read then it would normally !
woggle

Re: Pet hates!

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Can add colourd jeans to that list!!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh - my brain's not functioning this morning, I thought you meant like 'which pets do you hate?' :lol:

I'll have a think! I have a feeling I'll be contributing to this thread quite a lot. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Ooh love threads like this :D

Jeremy Clarkson - seriously, just. shut. up.
Only Way is Essex/Geordie Shore/Made in Chelsea - just, no. No disrespect to any of the cities, but just, no.
Magazines that treat events like celebrities weddings as 'important' and say your pay-day money should be spent on new clothes and make up so you look super-sexy-amazingly-awesome on a night out - so you don't have to pay bills and rent or anything then?
Ass-licking BFF posts on Facebook - we know you're friends, just leave it at that. Send each other messages, or say it to each other's faces. No one else really cares.

I'm sure I have more, but these are what spring to mind at the moment :lol:
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Haha, Amz, LMAO I was just thinking I bet you had a list to add to this thread! :lol:

I totally agree about Jeremy Clarkson.

I agree about the celebrity weddings thing too, but it doesn't actively annoy me, if that makes sense? Just makes me feel a bit sorry for the idiots who lap it all up! :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Haha you know me so well DG :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean about the celeb weddings, it only annoys me if I flick through a magazine and there's about 20 pages of it there. I buy some magazines because I quite like the features in them and the real life stories, but when they fill most of it up with celebrity bollocks I end up thinking "why did I waste my money?" :lol:
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I put a massive stack of magazines out for people to take for free at our garage sale on Sunday - about 250 in all, I think. 'Dorset Life' and photography magazines, mostly. I don't even want to think about how much they cost me in total. Probably the best part of a grand. I've stopped all my subscriptions now, because the prices are quite ridiculous for photography magazines.
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah a lot of the magazines to do with hobbies and things like that are ridiculously expensive. I wanted to start doing cross-stitch again as I wanted something do, so I looked at the magazines but some of them were £4.99, and considering I didn't really want the magazine it would have been so stupid to buy it.
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 pm

!Amz! wrote:Yeah a lot of the magazines to do with hobbies and things like that are ridiculously expensive. I wanted to start doing cross-stitch again as I wanted something do, so I looked at the magazines but some of them were £4.99, and considering I didn't really want the magazine it would have been so stupid to buy it.

Weird, did you see the post I just made in the 'last thing you bought' thread?!
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Just saw it, thats weird! :lol:
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Oh - my brain's not functioning this morning, I thought you meant like 'which pets do you hate?' :lol:

I'll have a think! I have a feeling I'll be contributing to this thread quite a lot. :D

Hahaha ya wombat although that might be interesting to!

Totally agree about Jeremy Clarkson ! new one to add people who put ' you know ' at the end of everything they say .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:17 pm

woggle wrote:new one to add people who put ' you know ' at the end of everything they say .

I do that quite a lot, you know? :oops:
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't mind "you know" but someone at uni used to put "do you understand what I mean?" at the end of every sentance. Didn't really bother me as such, just sounded a bit patronising!
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't know why I say 'you know'... I'm going to have to try and stop!
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Posting on another thread has just reminded me of a pet hate I have: people who are late for everything, or cut everything ridiculously fine! My mother-in-law does it, as does ex hubby. They have no sense of urgency about them at all.

Come to think of it, my boss is like that too, but it doesn't annoy me so much when he does it because he's so pretty. :love4:
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:29 pm

anyone who mentions x craptor/reality TV in general-I HAVE A LIFE I DON'T WATCH THAT CRAP
people who are on the phone when I serve them at work
99.9% of people that I work with
anyone on Jeremy Kyle/people who watch it (including my dad)
people at work who tell me their life stories
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby !Amz! » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Totally agree with people being late for everything, BF seems to have no sense of urgency either.
Also agree with Kat about Jeremy Kyle too.

Just been reminded of a new one, a minor one, but still annoys me like most things. People who aren't friends with you but tag your photos on FB anyway. Not even photos of them, other people. Do they have so much free time that tagging their own and their friends' photos isn't enough, they have to tag friends of friends' photos too? Not that you can't tell, but this happened recently :lol: Didn't piss me off enough to rant about it for hours on end like most things, and I had more important things to worry about at the time, but still, I got that familiar pang of annoyance.
!Amz!

Postby DHPfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm

People who add a 'like' after every word, like, so annoying, you know? :)
People who hang around on facebook all day. and complain that they have no free time to do anything cos they're too busy. :)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 pm

People who say 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

I'm a grammar Nazi. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:People who say 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

I'm a grammar Nazi. :lol:

I'm guilty of that one :lol: Another annoying thing I do is say "sorta thing" when I'm describing something to someone I don't really know, I did it a hell of a lot when I did my counselling :lol:
!Amz!

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

Blokes who wander around with their trousers halfway down there bum, people who interrupt others.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 am

TV show audiences that clap along to a musician performing on the show - especially when they don't really know the song, so have no idea what beat to keep or when to bloody stop.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 am

insaneasperger wrote:Blokes who wander around with their trousers halfway down there bum

From my friend's Facebook status:

To all you guys who "sag" your pants and show your butt and underwear....did you know it originated in prison? It was a signal to the other MEN that you are "available". So if you wanna keep going around looking like your "available" for another dude to "tap that"... then keep thinking you're cool while I think you look like a Fool!!!

:lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Blokes who wander around with their trousers halfway down there bum

From my friend's Facebook status:

To all you guys who "sag" your pants and show your butt and underwear....did you know it originated in prison? It was a signal to the other MEN that you are "available". So if you wanna keep going around looking like your "available" for another dude to "tap that"... then keep thinking you're cool while I think you look like a Fool!!!

The canned laughter that sometimes go with kids tv shows [ that my nephew watches...not me! lol ] so irritating !
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 pm

People who think they are better than me somehow just because I do enjoy a reality show now and then! :wink:
I'm with Woggle on the "text speak" thing too. Drives me nuts when people use text speak in regular messages or emails.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion