Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah I benefitted from that Assou-Ekotto haul as well - most unexpected. I'm looking forward to going back to work now so I can take the piss out of my mate who thought I was the luckiest bastard ever to play this game before last night :D

Hoping for a VdV bonus as well, with a bit of luck. Not doing too bad on the injury front - I've already shipped out Ba.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Oh man, i've got 2 players definitely out and two with knocks. I was hoping not to have to use that January wildcard until the last possible minute. Anyone else got changes to make now because of the beautifully timed African Nations, or injuries?


I've used my wildcard to completely change the defense and a lot of the midfield players too. I had to get rid of Ba too. I've taken a punt on 1 player to get him in my team quickly before his price will probably shoot up if/when his expected transfer goes ahead soon. I have a crap substitute Goalkeeper who will probably be bench-warming when the No'1 comes back from injury but other than that I'm happy with the balance of the squad. :)
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:09 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Oh man, i've got 2 players definitely out and two with knocks. I was hoping not to have to use that January wildcard until the last possible minute. Anyone else got changes to make now because of the beautifully timed African Nations, or injuries?


I've used my wildcard to completely change the defense and a lot of the midfield players too. I had to get rid of Ba too. I've taken a punt on 1 player to get him in my team quickly before his price will probably shoot up if/when his expected transfer goes ahead soon. I have a crap substitute Goalkeeper who will probably be bench-warming when the No'1 comes back from injury but other than that I'm happy with the balance of the squad. :)


Yeah, i've ended up playing mine to make 5 or 6 changes. Took a couple of punts on players. I wanted to hang on for the end of the transfer window but, barring any surprise moves, there's only one player i really want to bring in when he moves - so if all goes to plan i've left room to accomodate him.

What could possibly go wrong.... ;)
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:31 pm

welshben23 wrote:I've used my wildcard to completely change the defense and a lot of the midfield players too. I had to get rid of Ba too. I've taken a punt on 1 player to get him in my team quickly before his price will probably shoot up if/when his expected transfer goes ahead soon. I have a crap substitute Goalkeeper who will probably be bench-warming when the No'1 comes back from injury but other than that I'm happy with the balance of the squad. :)


It's tempting isn't it - I'm going to wait as long as possible to use mine (I think it expires at the end of this transfer window too). Thankfully some 'doubtfuls' have been passed fit for me this weekend. It doesn't guarantee they'll play though, obviously...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:57 pm

I see you took a punt on Yakubu M-C. Poor bloke would never have been sent off if you hadn't kiboshed him :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I see you took a punt on Yakubu M-C. Poor bloke would never have been sent off if you hadn't kiboshed him :lol:


:lol:

See, that's what would have happened to Demba Ba if i'd brought him in a couple of months ago. I've managed to make Adebayor dry up and have goals disallowed too. Rather him than Aguero, who i was thinking of bringing back. He should get six against Wigan now i've left him free :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I see you took a punt on Yakubu M-C. Poor bloke would never have been sent off if you hadn't kiboshed him :lol:


:lol:

See, that's what would have happened to Demba Ba if i'd brought him in a couple of months ago. I've managed to make Adebayor dry up and have goals disallowed too. Rather him than Aguero, who i was thinking of bringing back. He should get six against Wigan now i've left him free :D


Good plan. Can you bring in a few more Man U players please, Rooney and Scholes would be nice for starters :D

Did you know Adebayor wasn't eligible for next week's trip to Man City as well? All you need is for RVP to trip over his laces tomorrow and it's the hat-trick...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Did you know Adebayor wasn't eligible for next week's trip to Man City as well? All you need is for RVP to trip over his laces tomorrow and it's the hat-trick...


Yeah i knew he was going to be out of that game. i was expecting to be able to sit him out, shuffle the formation, and just play RVP and the Yak up front that week. That went to plan, didn't it?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Did you know Adebayor wasn't eligible for next week's trip to Man City as well? All you need is for RVP to trip over his laces tomorrow and it's the hat-trick...


Yeah i knew he was going to be out of that game. i was expecting to be able to sit him out, shuffle the formation, and just play RVP and the Yak up front that week. That went to plan, didn't it?


Heh - The Yak. He's been great lately and I considered bringing him in for Ba myself as I'm sure plenty of others did this week.

My own little moan this week is that I had yet another bench man score who probably won't be coming on :roll: I just hope Silva doesn't recover in time for Monday's game.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm

I was looking at your bench and thinking "jammy bastard" :lol:

They're both bound to come in. You've definitely got the Shawcross points to make up for the lack of Sturridge, and Silva's probably not going to recover now to swap in Surman.

I've just had a quick look at the Fantasy League site, and considering how slow as fuck they are at updating most things, they've already got big bright red unavailable signs next to Adebayor and Yakubu.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

That's because they want to piss you off for the maximum amount of time :D

I hope you're right about Silva. My main rival at work will be up shit creek if that happens.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:That's because they want to piss you off for the maximum amount of time :D

I hope you're right about Silva. My main rival at work will be up shit creek if that happens.


They're saying he should be fit, like, but seeing as you've got 7 points sat there i'm sure he'll trip over the dog or have Balotelli let off fireworks on his foot or something before monday night to have to be left out.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:49 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:That's because they want to piss you off for the maximum amount of time :D

I hope you're right about Silva. My main rival at work will be up shit creek if that happens.


They're saying he should be fit, like, but seeing as you've got 7 points sat there i'm sure he'll trip over the dog or have Balotelli let off fireworks on his foot or something before monday night to have to be left out.


:lol:

Did you see Balotelli against us last week - Agger gave him a little tap on the side of the head after a challenge and he started squaring up to him! That guy's a coupla cans short of a six pack...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah, he's a crazy one alright. I do like him being around, though. Probably keeps a whole industry of journalists employed on his own :lol:

I don't think he looked like he really wanted to be playing midweek.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:32 pm

You're right, he clearly couldn't be arsed last week and quickly developed an injury when things weren't going his way. He's good for a bit of entertainment though - reminds me a bit of Tino Asprilla :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:What could possibly go wrong.... ;)


I suppose you could also get Cabaye injured after 25 minutes...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:What could possibly go wrong.... ;)


I suppose you could also get Cabaye injured after 25 minutes...


Someone's really taking the piss now. :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 pm

:twisted: :evil: Why did I leave Nathan Dyer on the bench?!
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:01 pm

welshben23 wrote::twisted: :evil: Why did I leave Nathan Dyer on the bench?!


Why did I turf out Graham for a punt on Yakubu? :evil: :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
welshben23 wrote::twisted: :evil: Why did I leave Nathan Dyer on the bench?!


Why did I turf out Graham for a punt on Yakubu? :evil: :lol:


Surman was sat on my bench too. Nothing more frustrating. Both Dyer and Surman appear in the fantasy team of the week, just to rub it in.

I may use my wildcard this week, it expires soon.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Site's working swimmingly tonight :roll:

Site's just hanging, with the occasional error message telling me to try again later. Fuck knows who i set as my team for this gameweek. :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby welshben23 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I picked the best weekend to take the captaincy away from RvP didn't I?! :x
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm

welshben23 wrote:I picked the best weekend to take the captaincy away from RvP didn't I?! :x


I need to find DG's 'roll on the floor laughing' smiley :D

Hopefully this'll be the week I open up a decent lead against you Ben, I haven't been able to shake you off all season!

I'm expecting problems in other areas of the pitch though - I really fucked my team up with my January wildcard and it's cost me big time in my work's league.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:10 pm

:lol: It's certianly a twat when that happens.

RVP has got to be nailed on for the three bonus points, too.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby welshben23 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Mancini if you bring Aguero and/or Silva on for 5 minutes at the end I will not be happy! I left Gylfi Sigurdsson on the bench as Swansea are playing away and he only goes and scores! :lol: :twisted:

EDIT: Twice! :roll:
User avatar
welshben23
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.