Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Hans the German Butler wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Bonuses to come on yet so I'm hoping for another 3 point haul for Aguero. It's beginning to look like Tevez is the odd man out in that strikeforce - I can't see Aguero getting rotated at all now given his goals tally - Dzeko will have to keep producing to keep his place.

Good week for you Hans as predicted :)

Not as good as I'd hoped considering I used the wildcard and made wholesale changes. City let me down conceding 2 goals, Stoke let me down by losing heavily to Sunderland and Rooney let me down by missing that penalty. But I climbed one place in the league and am still in touch with the early leaders so that's not a bad result.

He cost me maybe nine points by missing that spot kick, as i'd have also got points for a Nani assist - but it was worth it to see that comedy slip :lol:

:lol: Absolutely true!
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:21 am

Good week for you so far M-C. I've made up a little distance on Ben too so it's all good :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good week for you so far M-C. I've made up a little distance on Ben too so it's all good :D

I haven't checked since the afternoon but it seemed to be going reasonbly. I was around 40 points or so. Have they bothered adding any bonus points yet?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Good week for you so far M-C. I've made up a little distance on Ben too so it's all good :D

I haven't checked since the afternoon but it seemed to be going reasonbly. I was around 40 points or so. Have they bothered adding any bonus points yet?

Nah. I think they wait until all the teams have finished these days. Frustrating - definitely a step backwards from when they added them within an hour. The lottery aspect hasn't changed though...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Nah. I think they wait until all the teams have finished these days. Frustrating - definitely a step backwards from when they added them within an hour. The lottery aspect hasn't changed though...

Yeah it's a it's a little annoying. I'll just check tomorrow night i suppose. At least the bulk of the site appears to be ironed out now :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Bah, I'll have to wait until midnight-ish before seeing if I've taken a decent chunk out of Ben's lead or not. This bonus delay is very frustrating :x
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Bah, I'll have to wait until midnight-ish before seeing if I've taken a decent chunk out of Ben's lead or not. This bonus delay is very frustrating :x

I hope you have :D :P
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Why do the Fantasy League powers appear to dislike David Silva? There's no way in hell he didn't deserve at least one bonus point from that game against Everton. They've even reverted to the early season balls-up of having five Man City players listed as winning bonus points, and still no room to slip Silva a point (currently Hart(2 points!?! :lol: ), Richards(?), Milner, Balotelli(?) and Aguero). Baffling. I've watched many of Man City's games this season and he's run most of them.

Not going to complain with my haul for the week, though.

Edit: Ok, looking at the stats for each game, they appear to have titted the bonus points right up again - so i'm going to leave it until tomorrow and see if they've fixed it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 am

Still looks like Man City have five players with bonuses. I'd like to know how that works :?

Uncharacteristically poor start to the season from Mr Kun Teiter. He's either too busy watching the Rugby World Cup or the fact that he turns 40 next month is playing on his mind... :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Im doing shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !! lol maybe im changing around my team to much but anyhow any gain on 5th place from here would be a bonus .
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Kompany just scored which will help me.

Pity I made Rooney my VC - I have Silva as captain and was going to put Kompany as VC but feared Rooney may run riot at Anfield.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:49 pm

I've got fuck all out of this week. Can't see any chance of bonus points anywhere. Unless there's a miracle and Shane Long and Aaron Ramsey both score five goals each tomorrow, then it's a write off for me. I'd set Shane Long as my vice captain, so i'd have preferred if ManC hadn't bothered bringing Silva on today.

I'd expect a lot of people have been messed up by this week's team changes, though.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 pm

27 for me with one substitution yet to be done which should make it 30. Quite happy with that, I thought I'd be lucky to reach double figures. :lol:
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:47 am

Woah, two months since this thread was last active :shock:

I've been pretty happy with my team recently but I've made two changes this week after I caught a glimpse of Man U's Christmas schedule and thought they were the horse to back - that was before their Euopean exit though obviously :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Woah, two months since this thread was last active :shock:

I've been pretty happy with my team recently but I've made two changes this week after I caught a glimpse of Man U's Christmas schedule and thought they were the horse to back - that was before their Euopean exit though obviously :D

God did that make me laugh :D i see your on top again!! But i am third and clawing my way to you .
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm

woggle wrote:

God did that make me laugh :D i see your on top again!! But i am third and clawing my way to you .

You'll have to get past me first. :lol: :P
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Pretty average year so far. i've not been reacting to changes and injuries quickly enough to keep apace.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 pm

welshben23 wrote:
woggle wrote:

You'll have to get past me first. :lol: :P

:D challenge accepted!
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Been an incredible day for me today. Not just the freakish number of Fantasy players all doing the business (even Vorm saved a penalty! :shock: ) but a Liverpool win and a treble with the bookies on Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U home wins which earned me £50 - happy days! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 am

Another great week for you so far Ben - I just can't seem to shake you off!

I think I made a big mistake this week not choosing Bale as my captain as you did - I have a feeling that will come back to haunt me when Spurs play their second fixture this gamesweek.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Another great week for you so far Ben - I just can't seem to shake you off!

I think I made a big mistake this week not choosing Bale as my captain as you did - I have a feeling that will come back to haunt me when Spurs play their second fixture this gamesweek.

:lol: But I think I've made a mistake by picking Gallas, he's injured and probably won't play in the game against Everton. I got lucky with the assist for Bale I think. :) I bet VDV scored a hat-trick in the Everton game.
welshben23

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:11 am

I knew i'd rue not sticking with Bale for the double game as soon as i took a punt on Adebayor. He'll probably stick his feet up and think it's job done after a few good weeks before xmas.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:06 am

Moon-Crane wrote:I knew i'd rue not sticking with Bale for the double game as soon as i took a punt on Adebayor. He'll probably stick his feet up and think it's job done after a few good weeks before xmas.

I was tempted but I didn't want to disturb my front line so went with two Spurs midfielders and a defender instead. Adebayor's still able to pull a performance out of the bag just maybe not in the middle of a harsh English winter...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I knew i'd rue not sticking with Bale for the double game as soon as i took a punt on Adebayor. He'll probably stick his feet up and think it's job done after a few good weeks before xmas.

I was tempted but I didn't want to disturb my front line so went with two Spurs midfielders and a defender instead. Adebayor's still able to pull a performance out of the bag just maybe not in the middle of a harsh English winter...

heh, he won't get a milder winter than this to work in, so he better get his arse in gear against Everton :lol: I've already written off my Everton defender after their debacle against bloody Bolton.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:30 am

Oh man, i've got 2 players definitely out and two with knocks. I was hoping not to have to use that January wildcard until the last possible minute. Anyone else got changes to make now becausse of the beautifully timed African Nations, or injuries?

Also, just noticed Krul got a bonus point for our 3-0 win over Man Utd. How did they work that out? It's not like he had to make a dozen saves to maintain the clean sheet. Cabaye and Ba i can understand for the other bonus points.

As expected, Adebayor ended up a bust :roll: I never in a million years expected that haul from Assou-Ekotto. Saved me from an average week. With a goal, assist and clean sheet, he must be due the 3 bonus points from last night.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion