Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Random philosophical rubbish thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Random philosophical rubbish thread

Postby Patrick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 am

I stubbed my toe against a piece of furniture TWICE the other day, maybe I am cursed after all... :D

Of course I was in a hurry and for a while couldn't find my nicest shoes, so I kept moving around the house very quick in my socks, but I could swear I saw a leprechaun out of the corner of my eye...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Patrick wrote:I stubbed my toe against a piece of furniture TWICE the other day, maybe I am cursed after all... :D

You figured it out! :)

Us occultists can do a whole lot worse than just causing people to stub their toes, you know. :D

In all seriousness, it would be possible to for me to curse someone if I felt like it, but the situation would have to be an extreme one for me to consider it. I have spent some time reading 'black magick' forums, though. Some occultists are all about, love, light, and airy-fairy hippy values (I'd be in that camp) but others make no secret of the fact that they are more than happy to be aggressive and vengeful with their magick if they feel the need to.

Patrick wrote:Of course I was in a hurry and for a while couldn't find my nicest shoes, so I kept moving around the house very quick in my socks, but I could swear I saw a leprechaun out of the corner of my eye...

I don't know if any of my fellow occultists have communicated with leprechauns yet, but one of them had some brownies (the FOLKLORE) kind in his house, and I have friends who have seen faeries.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

The 'debate' between Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' and Answers in Genesis's Ken Ham was both amusing and frustratingly predictable. It's quite a disconcerting eye-opener to witness how many American people believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old.

If i hear one more creationist ask why, if we came from monkeys, there are still monkeys, i'm going to hunt them down and tattoo the answer on their heads to read every time they look in the mirror.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:The 'debate' between Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' and Answers in Genesis's Ken Ham was both amusing and frustratingly predictable. It's quite a disconcerting eye-opener to witness how many American people believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old.

If i hear one more creationist ask why, if we came from monkeys, there are still monkeys, i'm going to hunt them down and tattoo the answer on their heads to read every time they look in the mirror.

I refused to watch that. So how many people are there that still believe in a young Earth? It must be an American thing, except for drooling idiots that couldn't chew gum and scratch their heads at the same time, I can't say that I've ever met one.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Unfortunately America doesn't own all the crazy. We recently had a councillor spouting that our current floods are caused by god's wrath at the legalisation of 'gay marriage'. :roll: You'll find them in all countries - just some with more people than others.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Unfortunately America doesn't own all the crazy. We recently had a councillor spouting that our current floods are caused by god's wrath at the legalisation of 'gay marriage'. :roll: You'll find them in all countries - just some with more people than others.

Yeah, god hates gays so much that he put gay animals in all the evolved species. How consistent of him! But damn the facts, let's listen to our basest superstitions instead. :roll:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Patrick wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Unfortunately America doesn't own all the crazy. We recently had a councillor spouting that our current floods are caused by god's wrath at the legalisation of 'gay marriage'. :roll: You'll find them in all countries - just some with more people than others.

Yeah, god hates gays so much that he put gay animals in all the evolved species. How consistent of him! But damn the facts, let's listen to our basest superstitions instead. :roll:

Yup.

It's funniest when the American fundies use that argument, mind. It's pretty much always the U.S. 'Bible Belt' states that get the brunt of floods, hurricanes and whatever. Their god's got one hell of a shitty aim.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion