Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Forever Jung » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I feel your pain, IA! Collectibles that I want always seem to come up at times when I have no money. I still have my eye on those two giant Playmobil figures in Eastbourne, but I reckon they're going to sell for hundreds!


Bought them. Didn't plan ahead. How the f*** am I going to collect them from Eastbourne? Even for an experienced driver it would be a very long day trip! Trying to find a courier.



:twisted: roflysst :lol:

Are these the near life sized ones?
How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking? :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Forever Jung wrote:Are these the near life sized ones?
How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking? :lol:


Yes. I paid £205, which is crazy, as a similar one sold on ebay for £800 last month. They were very poorly advertised - the keywords were rubbish, and the photo thumbnail, at first glance, just made them look like ordinary sized figures.

I've contacted some couriers for quotes, and actually it looks like it'll only cost me about £30. The problem is with regard to arranging a time that's convenient for both the courier and the seller...
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Last edited by Dorset Girl on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 pm

:twisted: Great deal 8-)

I think this is the first step on a road that will lead you to being on a TV show 10 years from now showing off your collection that has taken over your house :lol:

I saw an article online recently about a guy who has the worlds biggest Dalek collection.


The really weird thing is that he's not a Doctor Who fan :shock:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Ramona » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:23 pm


Those are fantastic!
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
User avatar
Ramona
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 pm
Location: SPPAAAACCCCEE

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Ramona wrote:

Those are fantastic!


:D I expect I'll get lots and lots of weird looks when I carry them around for photos, but I kind of see that as a good thing. 8-)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 am

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Great deal 8-)

I think this is the first step on a road that will lead you to being on a TV show 10 years from now showing off your collection that has taken over your house :lol:


It's getting that way!

This photo shows about a fifth of what we have at the mo - this is in my lounge! It's hard to see the scale from this pic, but I reckon this part's about 8ft long.

Image

I saw an article online recently about a guy who has the worlds biggest Dalek collection.


The really weird thing is that he's not a Doctor Who fan :shock:


:scratch: That is weird!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Image




:twisted: Awesome! 8-)

I used to have Playmobile when I was a kid, my favourite stuff was the comboys and indians.

I remember I had a playmobile ghost as well :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Great deal 8-)

I think this is the first step on a road that will lead you to being on a TV show 10 years from now showing off your collection that has taken over your house :lol:


It's getting that way!

This photo shows about a fifth of what we have at the mo - this is in my lounge! It's hard to see the scale from this pic, but I reckon this part's about 8ft long.

Image

I saw an article online recently about a guy who has the worlds biggest Dalek collection.


The really weird thing is that he's not a Doctor Who fan :shock:


:scratch: That is weird!


Holy shit DG ..lol your gonna need a bigger house for all your playmobile houses !
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:46 pm

You could be right there, Woggle! My big figures are arriving tomorrow - I'm going to stand them in the front bedroom window and freak out my neighbours. :lol:

Top floor, left side are the vets and some of the other things you sent us. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Forever Jung wrote:I used to have Playmobile when I was a kid, my favourite stuff was the comboys and indians.

I remember I had a playmobile ghost as well :lol:


Cool!

If they're still lying around and you like to make some money for them, I know someone who'd be happy to buy them. ;)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:You could be right there, Woggle! My big figures are arriving tomorrow - I'm going to stand them in the front bedroom window and freak out my neighbours. :lol:

Top floor, left side are the vets and some of the other things you sent us. :D


Id love to see ur neighbours faces ..lol

Hehe oh yea i see the vet stuff , i played for ages with the hamsters and animals on my own before i packed it up and i wasn't even with a kid at the time ..lol. I like the other bit on the left is that a church?
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Just had a thought i hope your neighbours wont see this big figures thru ur window and think theres a burgular ..lol
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Cool!

If they're still lying around and you like to make some money for them, I know someone who'd be happy to buy them. ;)


:twisted: As far as I know, all my old Playmobile stuff (as well as all my other old toys) are in my parents loft.

The Ghost was pretty cool, i've just had a quick peek and seen a few of them on ebay.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes, I love the ghost! I don't have one though, and I really must not buy any more at the moment!!

Woggle - I'm going to stand them in front of the net curtains, looking out at the street, teehee!

Yes, it's a church to the left. There's a bell that peals, and a piano that plays the Wedding March! I'm not a religious person, but I think the church is one of my favourite Playmobil items. The stained glass windows are really pretty.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:19 am

Awesome DG! If I could drive I'd of quite happily gone and got them for you!

I god out in about 5 hours if I've won my giant robin hood I'm bidding on!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 am

The progressive jackpot on the video poker machine I was playing. Alas I did got get it.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am

insaneasperger wrote:I god out in about 5 hours if I've won my giant robin hood I'm bidding on!


:D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 pm

I won him! So he should be on his merry way to me soon!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Yes, I love the ghost! I don't have one though, and I really must not buy any more at the moment!!

Woggle - I'm going to stand them in front of the net curtains, looking out at the street, teehee!
Yes, it's a church to the left. There's a bell that peals, and a piano that plays the Wedding March! I'm not a religious person, but I think the church is one of my favourite Playmobil items. The stained glass windows are really pretty.


:lol:

Im not religious either but that actually sounds really cool esp that its musical to and not something ive seen or heard of before thats a real sweet piece you have there .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

insaneasperger wrote:I won him! So he should be on his merry way to me soon!


:thumbright:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm

insaneasperger wrote:I won him! So he should be on his merry way to me soon!


Want to see piccys!!!! :D
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 am

I'll try and add a link to him in a bit so you can see him!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby woggle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Ive just seen DG's playmobil figures on FB ..lol they are huuuuge and very cool and i want one now ..lol .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: Last thing you looked at and thought I WANT THAT!!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:56 pm

woggle wrote:Ive just seen DG's playmobil figures on FB ..lol they are huuuuge and very cool and i want one now ..lol .


:D Here they are, so that non Facebook users can see how crazy I am too!

Image
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2020. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.