Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Sports Personality Award

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Sports Personality Award

Postby cassius » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:38 am

Seeing as this Sunday is the traditional voting time for the UK and their recipient for the above award, I would nominate Jessica Ennis from the shortlist as she is a star in her chosen field, an articulate young lady when interviewed, and speaking personally, bloody gorgeous. :D

< my unbiased vote >

cassius
cassius

Re: Sports Personality Award

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 am

Phil Taylor. He's the closest thing i know to a Don Bradman of his sport. Phenomenal record. Otherwise AP McCoy, even though i'm not particularly a horses man.

I never actually pay much attention to this show, though, even though i likes my sport. Couldn't tell you the last time i sat and watched it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby cassius » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Phil Taylor. He's the closest thing i know to a Don Bradman of his sport. Phenomenal record. Otherwise AP McCoy, even though i'm not particularly a horses man.

I never actually pay much attention to this show, though, even though i likes my sport. Couldn't tell you the last time i sat and watched it.

It's fair to say I don't watch 'em all. It depends on who the nominations are for me; Ennis has been on the scene for a couple now and that is something I agree with. Never been a pick up the 'phone and poll person either, yet I like a punt on some form of competition. The sports review of the year in the programme itself is more of a bite for me, tbh.

And you never know if another David Steele moment may happen..

cassius
cassius

Postby Agides » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Mark Cavendish.
As an avid cyclist, I am in bewildered awe of anyone who completes the ultimate endurance test - the Tour de France. And this guy won 5 stages this year. When I compare the mileage and profiles I cover over the five hour's training I do each week is roughly the same as each daily stage for the 22 days of the Tour, I understand what a magnificent achievement it is.
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Tony McCoy in the end. He definitely deserves it on his record over the last 15 years or so. The Grand National win this year was the icing on his career cake.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby kat » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 pm

totally agree a deserving winner, and I think I doubled the amount of golf I've watched :lol: as dad pointed out there didn't seem to be as many people in the list of those who've died this year which is always good and Frank Williams deserved the Helen Rollinson award
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby cassius » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 am

A good result for racing in general. You get out what you put in, as they say. :D

Some positive interviews throughout the transmission, I thought. Overall the top three were aware of their respective place, Cavendish looked a little lost in his summary, but no denying his place on overall merit.

cassius
cassius

Return to Off Topic Discussion