Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Christmas 2010

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Christmas 2010

Postby cassius » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 am

I really like Christmas. Fact.
I'm not the kind of person that goes mad and puts decorations up in November and so on, but I do like to celebrate in proper fashion. I do my shopping in London around the middle of December, distant friends and relatives are catered for by the 20th, and from there on in it's a round-robin of visits, drinks, good food, and then a few pints on Christmas Eve before the big day. Normally Christmas Day is spent with my extended family, but this year I am going away on a short break, just one of those all-in deals that has to be tried!
What are your plans for this Christmas?? :)

cassius
cassius

Re: Christmas 2010

Postby kat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 am

I'll be working on Christmas Eve and going to my mates house for Christmas Day and Boxing Day
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:51 am

I'll be trying not to sob my heart out as I wonder how on Earth I'm going to get through Christmas without my wonderful husband here to share it with me.

At least, that's what people are expecting me to do. In actual fact, I'm going to be cooking Christmas dinner for all the family, watching my daughter excitedly open her presents and generally having a good time with my parents, sister and the kiddies. My dad will unintentionally do something silly that will make us all laugh (for instance, last year he unscrewed the lid of the salt pot, thinking it was some kind of grinder, then emptied the whole lot over his food. Then we spent the rest of the day insalting him with salt-related puns!).
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 pm

cassius wrote:What are your plans for this Christmas?? :)

WATCHING HOME ALONE!!! :D
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby woggle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:30 pm

Im such a bah humbug ..hahaha if it was my house id ban anything xmas till a week before till a week after but i can't . My old dear will put the dec's up in a week or so we will have a family xmas dinner on christmas eve coz on the day its to busy. On the day both my sisters and me nephews will be round which we do our tradition of opening presents in age order 1 at a time so we can take a looky first and if its a toy or game play it for a bit will be fun but will feel like a loooong ole day.

Good for you DG sounds like a it'll be fun :)
Last edited by woggle on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 pm

cassius wrote:I really like Christmas. Fact.
I'm not the kind of person that goes mad and puts decorations up in November and so on, but I do like to celebrate in proper fashion. I do my shopping in London around the middle of December, distant friends and relatives are catered for by the 20th, and from there on in it's a round-robin of visits, drinks, good food, and then a few pints on Christmas Eve before the big day. Normally Christmas Day is spent with my extended family, but this year I am going away on a short break, just one of those all-in deals that has to be tried!
What are your plans for this Christmas?? :)

cassius

I remember loving Christmas as a kid right up to my teens, then when I was 17 something kind of 'snapped' within me and it just lost its appeal and I became very cynical about the whole thing (although I have some very fond memories in my early 20s of going out around Christmas and sampling some fine Christmas-themed real ales :D ). I didn't begin to like it again until I had kids myself and they're at the perfect age for it now so I love it again. We'll be going to the 'Lapland UK' experience this Christmas which cost me an arm and a leg but I know the kids will love it. We'll be putting the tree up on the 1st of December as usual and having a thoroughly festive time for the subsequent 4 weeks. Can't wait! :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I'm going to be cooking Christmas dinner for all the family, watching my daughter excitedly open her presents and generally having a good time with my parents, sister and the kiddies. My dad will unintentionally do something silly that will make us all laugh (for instance, last year he unscrewed the lid of the salt pot, thinking it was some kind of grinder, then emptied the whole lot over his food. Then we spent the rest of the day insalting him with salt-related puns!).

:thumbright: Brill.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 am

*BUMP*

this christmas will be the first christmas where my sister won't be here on the day :( but also the first christmas where I have two of my best mates staying over instead :P so we plan to get absolutely wasted and play lots of games. I don't usually do christmas, and we haven't even got a tree!!! so I'm not sure what will actually happen. Nothing too christmassy I hope!!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Glad you're looking forward to Chrimbo IA, and good to see you back here again :)
Mr Blue Sky

Postby cassius » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 pm

insaneasperger wrote:*BUMP*

this christmas will be the first christmas where my sister won't be here on the day :( but also the first christmas where I have two of my best mates staying over instead :P so we plan to get absolutely wasted and play lots of games. I don't usually do christmas, and we haven't even got a tree!!! so I'm not sure what will actually happen. Nothing too christmassy I hope!!

I know where there's a tree going spare.. :wink:

cassius
cassius

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Glad you're looking forward to Chrimbo IA, and good to see you back here again :)

Thank you had a strange few months, which ended with me locked up in the cells for the night, but its all sorted now and I am soooo glad to be back!!!

Cassius- I may just borrow a tree from somewhere!!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby cassius » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Went to Crawley for some last minute Christmas shopping. The snow has certainly improved the look of the place. Driving conditions were a challenge, the M23 was not a good idea I see..

cassius
cassius

Return to Off Topic Discussion