Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:27 am

My first week didn't end up being the disaster it could easily have been. I was tempted to use my wildcard as you were Ben but decided against it as I'd only be making three or four changes really. I'll try doing them one by one and see how I go.

By the way, there are quite a few new RULES this season so it's well worth having a browse through if you haven't already. For example, did you know we get two wildcards now? The other becomes available after the January transfer deadline I believe.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:My first week didn't end up being the disaster it could easily have been. I was tempted to use my wildcard as you were Ben but decided against it as I'd only be making three or four changes really. I'll try doing them one by one and see how I go.

By the way, there are quite a few new RULES this season so it's well worth having a browse through if you haven't already. For example, did you know we get two wildcards now? The other becomes available after the January transfer deadline I believe.

Benny told me about this last night think its a good idea could of done with that last in last season's game . I also have used my wildcard like Ben just hope my changes make a dfifference .
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

woggle wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:My first week didn't end up being the disaster it could easily have been. I was tempted to use my wildcard as you were Ben but decided against it as I'd only be making three or four changes really. I'll try doing them one by one and see how I go.

Benny told me about this last night think its a good idea could of done with that last in last season's game . I also have used my wildcard like Ben just hope my changes make a dfifference .

Ooh, just realised there's a 'window' in which time you have to use that 2nd wildcard. If you don't use it between Jan 4th and Feb 12th it expires. Should still come in handy though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Oh thank you very much, Mr Wenger!! I used the wildcard because I ended up transferring 8 players out. Now 2 of them are on the subs bench. You better put them on, you miserable cheese-eating surrender monkey! :twisted: :lol: Sorry If I went a little too far there.
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:43 pm

welshben23 wrote:Oh thank you very much, Mr Wenger!! I used the wildcard because I ended up transferring 8 players out. Now 2 of them are on the subs bench. You better put them on, you miserable cheese-eating surrender monkey! :twisted: :lol: Sorry If I went a little too far there.

He fucked me too in my work's team. I felt a goal avalanche was on the cards at the Emirates this afternoon and so it proved, but my captain (Fabregas) sat out most of the action on the bench :x

Can't complain at Bale though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:09 pm

welshben23 wrote:Oh thank you very much, Mr Wenger!! I used the wildcard because I ended up transferring 8 players out. Now 2 of them are on the subs bench. You better put them on, you miserable cheese-eating surrender monkey! :twisted: :lol: Sorry If I went a little too far there.

Should of asked me first benny! i knew Fabregas wasn't gonna get much action this weekend . Bale has done well for me to this weekend thank u very muchly :D
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:21 pm

woggle wrote:

Should of asked me first benny! i knew Fabregas wasn't gonna get much action this weekend . Bale has done well for me to this weekend thank u very muchly :D

:lol: I knew I should've taken your advice when we talked on FB last night. I'm not that bothered now though, Bale did great for me too and I made Drogba captain who got about...a million assists. :P
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Wow, 6-0 to Newcastle. Great result for your boys M-C but Carroll's hat-trick has absolutely fucked me in my work's league. I was 3rd out of 17 people last week - I bet I've dropped out of the top 10 now.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Wow, 6-0 to Newcastle. Great result for your boys M-C but Carroll's hat-trick has absolutely fucked me in my work's league. I was 3rd out of 17 people last week - I bet I've dropped out of the top 10 now.

I heard the radio on the fruit and veg stall at our local market and thoght i must have misheard when they said we were leading 4-0. Just returned home to find it ended 6-0. The Premiership results are completely stupid at the moment. There's a 22 goal difference between the top and bottom team after two games!

My FF team's having a crap week. Paying for not having Drogba or Bale. And just found out Rooney's not playing today either. Load of toss :lol:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I heard the radio on the fruit and veg stall at our local market and thoght i must have misheard when they said we were leading 4-0. Just returned home to find it ended 6-0. The Premiership results are completely stupid at the moment. There's a 22 goal difference between the top and bottom team after two games!

My FF team's having a crap week. Paying for not having Drogba or Bale. And just found out Rooney's not playing today either. Load of toss :lol:

Good result for your lads anyway, what a great confidence booster for the rest of the season. I'm sure you'll trade the odd shit FF week for some real life goodness!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I heard the radio on the fruit and veg stall at our local market and thoght i must have misheard when they said we were leading 4-0. Just returned home to find it ended 6-0. The Premiership results are completely stupid at the moment. There's a 22 goal difference between the top and bottom team after two games!

Good result for your lads anyway, what a great confidence booster for the rest of the season. I'm sure you'll trade the odd shit FF week for some real life goodness!

Absolutely. I was tempted to go with Caroll as my third striker at the start of the season, until i opted, 'brilliantly', for Rodallega instead. I'm certain he'd have nothing today if i had hexed him by picking him, though. That's how it works, right? :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Absolutely. I was tempted to go with Caroll as my third striker at the start of the season, until i opted, 'brilliantly', for Rodallega instead. I'm certain he'd have nothing today if i had hexed him by picking him, though. That's how it works, right? :D

Damn straight! Rodallega was in my work's team too to begin with. In fact I had a Wigan 'spine' on that first gamesweek. I feel I should publically apologise to the people of Wigan for hexing their team so badly.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Er, where have all the regularly playing players gone from before the Euro break? What a great week this is going to be :roll: :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Er, where have all the regularly playing players gone from before the Euro break? What a great week this is going to be :roll: :lol:

Heh, I know. I was going to comment on what a shit week I'd had but then I saw everyone else's scores and realised mine was simply 'average'.

I got 48 points in my work's league and that still sent me down a place to 4th. The competition's red hot this season - I highly doubt I'll win the dosh this year.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Ive done ok this weekend im kinda need stoke to keep a clean sheet and for Fuller to score a hatfull but that my be wishfull thinkin .

Oh and i know the guy who is 3rd out the whole barclays fantasy footy thing one of the teachers i know from work [ might nick a few of his team ideas :D ]
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Er, where have all the regularly playing players gone from before the Euro break? What a great week this is going to be :roll: :lol:

Heh, I know. I was going to comment on what a shit week I'd had but then I saw everyone else's scores and realised mine was simply 'average'.

I got 48 points in my work's league and that still sent me down a place to 4th. The competition's red hot this season - I highly doubt I'll win the dosh this year.

I think Etherington might have got me out of jail a little this week. I can't imagine there'll be many weeks where Etherington and Ferguson would be my highest scoring midfielders.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:52 am

Congrats on leapfrogging me to the top of the league this week M-C. I keep persevering with Rooney as captain as my hex on him seems to be working... :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 am

Temporary situation. My team's winging it at the moment. Would have had bugger all if Malouda hadn't played. It's nice and tight (oo-er missus) between the top four.

Bastard Man Utd managed to get a win while providing me with only a single point each from the three players that i'd picked.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Temporary situation. My team's winging it at the moment. Would have had bugger all if Malouda hadn't played. It's nice and tight (oo-er missus) between the top four.

Bastard Man Utd managed to get a win while providing me with only a single point each from the three players that i'd picked.

Can't stand the fact they won but can't complain seeing as Berbatov got me a hat trick n a ton of points :D
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 pm

woggle wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Temporary situation. My team's winging it at the moment. Would have had bugger all if Malouda hadn't played. It's nice and tight (oo-er missus) between the top four.

Can't stand the fact they won but can't complain seeing as Berbatov got me a hat trick n a ton of points :D

Your lot peeved me too. Couldn't just defend properly for a few more seconds could you ;)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
woggle wrote:

Your lot peeved me too. Couldn't just defend properly for a few more seconds could you ;)

haha don't start me off!!!!!!!!!!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:24 am

That must be one of the worst gameweeks i've ever had in all my time playing this stupid game :lol: My defence, built on the 'top four' clubs, really worked a treat. At least i've returned Scholes to normal service since picking him for the last two games.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 am

Moon-Crane wrote:That must be one of the worst gameweeks i've ever had in all my time playing this stupid game :lol: My defence, built on the 'top four' clubs, really worked a treat. At least i've returned Scholes to normal service since picking him for the last two games.

It was one of those weeks where all the top players/teams did bugger all. On average that strategy will work, I'm sure.

Managed to pick Nani and Gerrard for my work's team so didn't do too badly there in the end. My 'hex' on Rooney is working far too well for me to move him as my captain in our league though :D Can you remember the last time Man U were desperate for a winner and they took Rooney off? I know he was supposedly injured but still...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Sky Sports are reporting Rooney and Scholes out for a couple of weeks. I guess that's two subs i need to make this week. What a shrewd selection Scholes was a couple of weeks ago :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Sky Sports are reporting Rooney and Scholes out for a couple of weeks. I guess that's two subs i need to make this week. What a shrewd selection Scholes was a couple of weeks ago :lol:

Yeah, I've got Scholes to get rid of too, or possibly bench.

You can't beat me for shrewd transfers M-C. One Monday night a few weeks back I thought I'd bring Walcott in. On Tuesday he got injured a few minutes into the England game and was out for 6 weeks. Timing is everything in this game... :roll:
Mr Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion