Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Hello all!

Well that was a brief closed season wasn't it. The new Fantasy Footy season is up and running already, although it appears I'm slightly late on this as I renewed my team and league setup from last season three people were already there on the board! :shock:

The new league code is as follows:- 79343-25470

Obviously new players are welcome; those who were in the league last year should just have an option to rejoin our FO league without typing in the above code.

Best of luck to everyone!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Is it that time already? I'll have a look in tonight and see what ridiculous new prices they've set for players.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Im in!!! whoo hoo cant wait to get this game a rollin :D
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Is it that time already? I'll have a look in tonight and see what ridiculous new prices they've set for players.

I didn't find it too hard to knock a team together this time. Although to be fair I tend to look at the first week's fixtures only and many of the big-name expensive players and pitted against each other that week so I've left them out. I'm still pretty happy with my starting XI though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am

Just one day to go. Everyone sorted out?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 am

Argh, no, I'd forgotten completely about it! And I have visitors coming this afternoon, so I'm not going to be able to do it then either. Bollocks.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Just one day to go. Everyone sorted out?

After changing my team about 5 times, I think I'm finally sorted out.
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Just one day to go. Everyone sorted out?

Hmm, forgot I'd auto-selected one of my teams and the other I'd picked so long ago that half of them were injured :roll: Done some major surgery on both of them, but will probably use my wildcard early when it becomes obvious half of them aren't getting a game...

Still, I always enjoy the start of a new footy season - so much optimism :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Hmm, forgot I'd auto-selected one of my teams and the other I'd picked so long ago that half of them were injured :roll: Done some major surgery on both of them, but will probably use my wildcard early when it becomes obvious half of them aren't getting a game...

Still, I always enjoy the start of a new footy season - so much optimism :D

Hehe, i thought i'd sorted mine last night - then logged in this morning to see that orangey coloured 'i' against several of them. Going into this one a bit blind, so we'll have to see what happens.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Fantasy, eh?

Heh...oh yeah...

Wait a minute...it's not...it's...oh...

(Sighs)

Carry on...

(Walks off)
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Not the worst start from me today but boy did I pay for that decision to have a Wigan 'spine' to my team for that certain home banker against Blackpool :roll:

It also pisses me off that I had Lampard, Drogba and Malouda in my team up until the small hours of this morning when I decided to change it as Drogba and Lampard were rated 'doubtful' :x Ugh, already I'm pissed off with myself...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm pretty happy with my start so far - thanks to Malouda - but i also had Drogba lined up to play until that doubtful symbol was hovering around him. Typical :lol:

Very surprised by Blackpool's result at Wigan. I'd took a punt with Rodallega up front and expected Wigan to have ironed out last season's capitulation problems. No such luck.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I'm pretty happy with my start so far - thanks to Malouda - but i also had Drogba lined up to play until that doubtful symbol was hovering around him. Typical :lol:

Very surprised by Blackpool's result at Wigan. I'd took a punt with Rodallega up front and expected Wigan to have ironed out last season's capitulation problems. No such luck.

I reckon Martinez will be the first Premiership manager to bite the dust. That was an awful result today.

Meanwhile Lampard seems impervious to the effects of aging - he's been dog shit for England for the last couple of seasons but stick those Chelsea players around him and he can't fail.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Meanwhile Lampard seems impervious to the effects of aging - he's been dog shit for England for the last couple of seasons but stick those Chelsea players around him and he can't fail.

I nearly choked on my coffee when i saw his price again for this season. I felt certain this would be the year he started to be found out in the Prem - but the fucker's justifying his price already. :roll: Talking of Lampard, I read a funny story about a meeting between him and Joey Barton when they were on England duty together. Don't know if it was total bollocks but it made me laugh at the thought of it happening. I'll have to dig it out.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Meanwhile Lampard seems impervious to the effects of aging - he's been dog shit for England for the last couple of seasons but stick those Chelsea players around him and he can't fail.

I nearly choked on my coffee when i saw his price again for this season. I felt certain this would be the year he started to be found out in the Prem - but the fucker's justifying his price already. :roll: Talking of Lampard, I read a funny story about a meeting between him and Joey Barton when they were on England duty together. Don't know if it was total bollocks but it made me laugh at the thought of it happening. I'll have to dig it out.

Yeah, do that, I could do with a laugh :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Why we hate him: Pompous ‘midfielder’ who no longer has a grasp on reality. Fat Frank: I really hope this is true. England training camp, February 2006 and the squad are sitting down for their lunch. Fat Frank Lampard plops down and eyes Joey Barton as he enters the canteen, Barton of course had only weeks before offered his eloquent and, let’s face it highly accurate, assessment on the decision of Steven Gerrard and Lampard to release their autobiographies just after a poor World Cup (Barton: “I went to the World Cup, I played shit, here’s my book”)

Lampard’s tournament being summed up as ‘shit’ could even be considered light criticism compared to some of the reports that came out following England’s exit to Portugal. Looking like a little boy lost the whole way through, he shot wildly at goal 24 times in five games and missed every one of those. Not a deflection in sight to save grace; how he missed the Premiership.

Anyway, back to the canteen where Barton tried to head over to Frank to make some peace and perhaps discuss it like grown adults. But as he sat near Frank, the Chelsea man (it is rumoured) moved a few more seats down. Then Barton again tried to sit near the sulking git, but once again Lampard moved, at which point Barton told him (allegedly) to calm down as “I’m not going to steal your food you fat prick”.

Edit: Here's the site with the full lampard hating article.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Not the worst start from me today but boy did I pay for that decision to have a Wigan 'spine' to my team for that certain home banker against Blackpool :roll:

It also pisses me off that I had Lampard, Drogba and Malouda in my team up until the small hours of this morning when I decided to change it as Drogba and Lampard were rated 'doubtful' :x Ugh, already I'm pissed off with myself...

I took a huge risk by putting both Blackpool goalkeepers in my squad, and having a cheap defense. Thankyou so much for the clean sheets, Blackpool, Blackburn and Fulham! :D Oh yeah, I thought I had a good day with Lampard and Malouda in my team until I saw Rodge's team with Drogba as captain and YOU M-C with Malouda as captain! :evil: :lol:
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Why we hate him: Pompous ‘midfielder’ who no longer has a grasp on reality. Fat Frank: I really hope this is true. England training camp, February 2006 and the squad are sitting down for their lunch. Fat Frank Lampard plops down and eyes Joey Barton as he enters the canteen, Barton of course had only weeks before offered his eloquent and, let’s face it highly accurate, assessment on the decision of Steven Gerrard and Lampard to release their autobiographies just after a poor World Cup (Barton: “I went to the World Cup, I played shit, here’s my book”)

Lampard’s tournament being summed up as ‘shit’ could even be considered light criticism compared to some of the reports that came out following England’s exit to Portugal. Looking like a little boy lost the whole way through, he shot wildly at goal 24 times in five games and missed every one of those. Not a deflection in sight to save grace; how he missed the Premiership.

Anyway, back to the canteen where Barton tried to head over to Frank to make some peace and perhaps discuss it like grown adults. But as he sat near Frank, the Chelsea man (it is rumoured) moved a few more seats down. Then Barton again tried to sit near the sulking git, but once again Lampard moved, at which point Barton told him (allegedly) to calm down as “I’m not going to steal your food you fat prick”.

:lol: That hilarious!

Love this pic...

Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:49 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Not the worst start from me today but boy did I pay for that decision to have a Wigan 'spine' to my team for that certain home banker against Blackpool :roll:

I took a huge risk by putting both Blackpool goalkeepers in my squad, and having a cheap defense. Thankyou so much for the clean sheets, Blackpool, Blackburn and Fulham! :D Oh yeah, I thought I had a good day with Lampard and Malouda in my team until I saw Rodge's team with Drogba as captain and YOU M-C with Malouda as captain! :evil: :lol:

Hey, you're still above me Ben! I didn't realise what a shit week I'd actually had 'til I saw how everyone else had done...

Where oh where is Dorset Girl, by the way? You can still put your team in the league DG, even as a week 2 joiner.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 pm

welshben23 wrote:

:D I was happy to see Malouda bear fruit, but i expected to log in and see everyone else have Drogba as Captain to piss on my bonfire. Everyone's had a good start though.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:17 am

Moon-Crane wrote::D I was happy to see Malouda bear fruit, but i expected to log in and see everyone else have Drogba as Captain to piss on my bonfire. Everyone's had a good start though.

Yeah, thats' exactly what happened in my work's league. I thought I'd had a good week (Malouda as captain) but then three twats had Drogba as captain AND Malouda so they're well above me already :x

Hehe, this game's capacity to piss me off never fails to amaze me...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby 5HR1NK » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

:lol: That hilarious!

Love this pic...

Fantastic. I never heard about this happening.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Hehe, this game's capacity to piss me off never fails to amaze me...

Which brings me nicely to the Joe Cole red card before half time - not really what i needed.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Hehe, this game's capacity to piss me off never fails to amaze me...

Which brings me nicely to the Joe Cole red card before half time - not really what i needed.

Yep, and Gerrard getting booked, conceding a goal and having a free kick fingertip saved in the final 5 minutes fucked me off rather as well. Herrumph, that little turn of events cost me about 10 points! I haven't seen the bonuses today, but I doubt Stevie G's picked any up now.

He's in my work's team, in case you're wondering :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:41 pm

I had a good 1st week, but most of my defenders and the goalkeepers are so cheap and crap I think I may have to use my wildcard already. It's either that or it'll cost me at least 16-20 points to transfer them out and also to get Drogba in. :? :twisted:
welshben23

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion