Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

You learn something new every day

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: You learn something new every day

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 am

Okay, I did it... I sent this:

Hmmm. My friend [made-up name] would love him! His sense of humour is right up her street, and he has the kind of looks that she goes for too.

He's still online. I am NOT going to allow myself to reply to anything he sends tonight!!!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 am

OOOOhhhh!!! That one more problem solved thanks to IA master of falling for the impossible people! :wink: :) (I need to cheer myself up so I will pretend I am amazing!)

Well...

I would say go for no 4. but also add that I can't believe you rated me number 4! you must secretly hate me!
I have my 'narcissistic object-choice' which will probably never happen due to reasons my strange brain won't understand, and DG, who would rather be with almost every one else in the world apart from me....

Is it any wonder I am up this late listening to depressing music and eating biscuits?!??!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 am

insaneasperger wrote:OOOOhhhh!!! That one more problem solved thanks to IA master of falling for the impossible people! :wink: :) (I need to cheer myself up so I will pretend I am amazing!)

You are amazing! You just need to get your bloke to see it somehow. :?

Well...

I would say go for no 4. but also add that I can't believe you rated me number 4! you must secretly hate me!
I have my 'narcissistic object-choice' which will probably never happen due to reasons my strange brain won't understand, and DG, who would rather be with almost every one else in the world apart from me....

Is it any wonder I am up this late listening to depressing music and eating biscuits?!??!

Haha, the list was in no particular order!! And now how do I tell you that I wouldn't rather be with almost anyone else in the world apart from you, without you thinking that I actually have a crush on you? :lol: :lol:

This is ludicrous, it should be on the 'drunk' thread, then we could explain it all away by blaming the alcohol!!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 am

PS. Not fair. I have no biscuits.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:01 am

Dorset Girl wrote:PS. Not fair. I have no biscuits.

I keep forgetting to eat.... :? :shock: so my food today has been a mini roll, a pack of pom bears and two biscuits, will lob the rest of the pack of jam and creams over the water if you likes, but with my aim I cannot assure you they willl get there!!

This should be in the drunk thread, or the random convos about our mysterious crushes thread...
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 am

Lol, I'm struggling to get back on to my diet today, as I've been eating all sorts over the past week and a half. I've done it, though - bedtime and I haven't blown it!

Suppose I'd better go to bed. If I had moderator rights, I might consider deleting the last couple of pages of this thread. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 am

yeh, I was going to bed at 9, as haven't slept for longer than an hour at a time in weeks.

I am not on a diet, but am for some reason losing loads of weight, probably because I am too busy being an idiot to eat! I wish I had your will power for the dieting though!

I would agree with you on deleting some pages on this thread and any other thread where I have mentioned things with should not really have been mentioned!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 am

Never mind, it's done now - we've made our posts, I've sent my messages - que sera, sera!

I hate myself sometimes for the way I pour out my feelings and get my emotions in such a muddle, but I suppose that's just who I am! I've tried to change it, but I can't, so sometimes it's all about damage control. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 am

see I have just started pouring my emotions and feelings out, as I used to keep them all in, and it made things a lot worse, but already appearing to have almost the same problem as you! I am just learning to like myself thanks to certain people,(who have cute noses) and now want everyone to know how I feel.

I have also just learnt the a week with sod all sleep and 6 straight hours on a computer makes it hard to type and gives you a numb bum!
insaneasperger

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 am

What the bloody hell happened here last night? :lol: The last couple of pages, cracked me up.
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 am

:scratch: I'm not really sure. To summarise, IA's in love with a bloke who can't see an opportunity when it smacks him between the eyes, and I'm lusting after a married person who has the power to send me my P45 if I'm not careful! Just general girly stuff, y'know. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

Dorset Girl wrote::scratch: I'm not really sure. To summarise, IA's in love with a bloke who can't see an opportunity when it smacks him between the eyes, and I'm lusting after a married person who has the power to send me my P45 if I'm not careful! Just general girly stuff, y'know. :lol:

That has cracked me up! Just general girly stuff!! :lol:

Basically the men have the power and we need to change that but can't dammit!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Basically the men have the power and we need to change that but can't dammit!

In my case, Facebook has the power. I need the willpower to stop using it, but it's hopeless. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Basically the men have the power and we need to change that but can't dammit!

In my case, Facebook has the power. I need the willpower to stop using it, but it's hopeless. :lol:

Facebook does have the control over a lot of mine too, but I can't stop using it! also now very very paranoid I have upset Mr adorable nose :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :bounce: Why Why why do I do it???? :bounce:
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Aw, hope he replies to you soon and you sort it out, IA. :(

I'm just laughing about my message confusion last night, it was all fine in the end, thankfully!
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Aw, hope he replies to you soon and you sort it out, IA. :(

I'm just laughing about my message confusion last night, it was all fine in the end, thankfully!

Sorted :D :D :D :lol: 8-) :alien:

Glad your message confusion got sorted too!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Sorted :D :D :D :lol: 8-) :alien:

:thumbleft: That's good to hear.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Tis indeedy!

I have learnt today that I absolutely hate itunes, NEVER thought I would say that!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Tis indeedy!

I have learnt today that I absolutely hate itunes, NEVER thought I would say that!

I hate iTunes too. Always have done.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Tis indeedy!

I hate iTunes too. Always have done.

I used to love it, but having so many problems with it, and am prob gonna end up losing 4000 songs I haven't managed to back up :( :cry: and my music is my life
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 am

Previously, on the 'You Learn Something New Every Day' thread...

[Picture of DG shaking her fist at her Laptop, Facebook is on the screen, open to the profile of her boss - we'll call him Dave]

[Voiceover] DG curses because she's sent a sexual message to Dave. Aware that she has the hots for him, and has a previous history of drunkenly snogging both male and female colleagues, Dave begins to wonder if DG's just one big pile of hormonal lust, and starts to get scared. DG misguidedly tries to make things better, by asking if his friend is single - his suspicions are confirmed!

[Cut to flashback scene...]

Dorset Girl wrote:Heh, in a fortnight's time, I'm going to be making a post something like:

OMG, now I'm actually going to have to go out with boss's friend, aren't I? How did this happen?

[Back to voiceover, DG's horrified face onscreen, followed by a picture of IA, grinning and making a 'thumbs up' sign]

IA swoops in to the rescue, suggesting that DG tells him she was asking for a friend, so that's what she does. Everything's okay again.

[Scenes of DG smiling and relaxing]

[New episode begins, entitled 'Hormonal Lust' - DG is sitting at the keyboard, Facebook onscreen, looking happily at a picture of herself sandwiched between two naked butlers (hormonal lust). Suddenly a chat window pops up]

Boss's friend (we'll call him Mike): Looks like u had fun at the hen night then?

[Close up of surprised look on DG's face - she forgot she'd added him to Facebook. She begins to type, her face at first relaxed and laughing, as they chat about Dave and she learns secrets. DG gives away a few secrets too, it's clear from what she says that she'd like nothing better than for Dave to take her from behind in his office. Then her face starts to become more incredulous with each new message... is Mike chatting her up?! ]

[Close-up of chat window. Lots of text appearing, getting naughtier and naughtier. Flirty DG can't help responding in kind, now they're talking about the riskiest places they've had sex. Then favourite positions, and all sorts of other naughty things. Then DG remembers that in less than 8 hours time, Mike will be sitting on a train with Dave for an hour, talking about whatever comes to mind. She freaks out and makes an excuse to leave. Mike swears he won't tell Dave, but DG can't help being a little worried....

Tune in next time, for Episode 3: Sexual Harrassment Lawsuit.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

OOOOOhhhh Deary me!

IA can't come to your recuse this time, she has no idea how to help and has to conivince her man of something which isn't going to be believed as he has no confidence :S

Just hope Mike is as good as his word! Unlike my plan of ignoring people...
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Haha, I was thinking 'who's Mike?' when I read your post, IA. :lol: Well, I've found out that boss is off sick from work today, so I have a reprieve.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, IA. :?
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Previously, on the 'You Learn Something New Every Day' thread...

[Picture of DG shaking her fist at her Laptop, Facebook is on the screen, open to the profile of her boss - we'll call him Dave]

[Voiceover] DG curses because she's sent a sexual message to Dave. Aware that she has the hots for him, and has a previous history of drunkenly snogging both male and female colleagues, Dave begins to wonder if DG's just one big pile of hormonal lust, and starts to get scared. DG misguidedly tries to make things better, by asking if his friend is single - his suspicions are confirmed!

[Cut to flashback scene...]

Dorset Girl wrote:Heh, in a fortnight's time, I'm going to be making a post something like:

OMG, now I'm actually going to have to go out with boss's friend, aren't I? How did this happen?

[Back to voiceover, DG's horrified face onscreen, followed by a picture of IA, grinning and making a 'thumbs up' sign]

IA swoops in to the rescue, suggesting that DG tells him she was asking for a friend, so that's what she does. Everything's okay again.

[Scenes of DG smiling and relaxing]

[New episode begins, entitled 'Hormonal Lust' - DG is sitting at the keyboard, Facebook onscreen, looking happily at a picture of herself sandwiched between two naked butlers (hormonal lust). Suddenly a chat window pops up]

Boss's friend (we'll call him Mike): Looks like u had fun at the hen night then?

[Close up of surprised look on DG's face - she forgot she'd added him to Facebook. She begins to type, her face at first relaxed and laughing, as they chat about Dave and she learns secrets. DG gives away a few secrets too, it's clear from what she says that she'd like nothing better than for Dave to take her from behind in his office. Then her face starts to become more incredulous with each new message... is Mike chatting her up?! ]

[Close-up of chat window. Lots of text appearing, getting naughtier and naughtier. Flirty DG can't help responding in kind, now they're talking about the riskiest places they've had sex. Then favourite positions, and all sorts of other naughty things. Then DG remembers that in less than 8 hours time, Mike will be sitting on a train with Dave for an hour, talking about whatever comes to mind. She freaks out and makes an excuse to leave. Mike swears he won't tell Dave, but DG can't help being a little worried....

Tune in next time, for Episode 3: Sexual Harrassment Lawsuit.

:twisted: *makes mental note so stock up on popcorn*

But to be a boring git and give a note of caution........

Depending on how good friends Dave and Mike are, don't believe a word about him saying nothing.
Some of us chaps like to think we are gentelmen, and have a code of conduct (for instance, a gentleman never wipes his dick on the curtains on the way out :D ) but most men are worse than a pack of hormonal dogs who have been having a long distance relationship with their masters leg.
With half the bullshit and exaggeration that's made up about women, don't bank on them holding back on the truth.

I'm only saying that because I think you should take a good hard look at the situation before it goes any further.
If the three of you can all honestly put it down to really OTT outrageous flirting, all well and good, but if you can't at least keep up the pretence that that is what this is all about (and you seem to have given Mike no doubt about what you'd like from Dave) you have a situation and things might well escalate so somewhere you don't (or do) want things to go.

I remember a quote I like which goes something like.............
"Men are incapable of flirting.
Flirting is when you give a come on, but don't mean it.Men always mean it".

You've got to decide how much you are flirting, and how much you are meaning it.

I'm not telling you anything here you don't know yourself, he's your boss and if things continue to escalate it could have an effect on your job, as well as your personal life, as well as his and his families.

Again, sorry to be a boring git, and tell me to keep my conk out, but i'd hate for you to end up in a situation you don't want to get into.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Thank you, definitely don't keep your conk out (haha, I nearly typed that wrongly then! :lol: ) because it's really useful to hear advice like this.
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion