Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

You learn something new every day

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: You learn something new every day

Postby Miss Kay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Hehe, I love the part in Three Men and a Little Lady when they stop to ask a Devonshire farmer for directions. He gives them a detailed description of a road with blossom on the hedges, etc., and they're getting impatient. Then, after finishing the description, the farmer says 'Now, don't take that road.'

:lol: LMAO!

I love that part too, lol!
Miss Kay

Postby Miss Kay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Today I learned that I want to punch some of my Republican friends in the face. Well, no, I didn't just learn that today but it was reinforced today!

lol :)
Miss Kay

Postby Miss Kay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Because they think it's going to cost them money and they don't seem to understand that we ALREADY pay for people who don't have health insurance by our own rising insurance costs. Also, they seem to have this idea that the govt. is going to start "rationing" health care. Again, they don't realize that health care is already rationed. It's called priorities. Then you have morons like Sarah Palin out there telling everyone that the govt. is going to have "Death Panels" running around unplugging people at nursing homes. It's just so ridiculous.

They want governent "OUT" of their business. Well, we already have govt. run health care. It's called medicare, medicaid, BadgerCare, Title 19 etc......... Also, when they say they want govt. out of their business, it makes me wonder how often they depend on other aspects of the govt. Like when they call the police or fire department or when their kids go to public schools or when they drive on the roads or when the snow plow clears those roads for them.

People in the US are so responsive to scare tactics it nauseates me. But it's what Republicans thrive on. Scare people into doing what you want them to do!

Cat, well said - especially "...the US are so responsive to scare tactics it nauseates me." And almost everyone falls for it.
Miss Kay

Postby Miss Kay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 am

jrsightes wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I know they're cherrypicking the idiots for comic value, but i chuckle when some tv shows over here show clips of American healthcare protesters running around screaming "I don't want to live in Russia! i don't want to live in Russia!" :lol:

How I wish they were cherrypicking. That insanity is a lot more prevalent here than you think.

quite true jrsightes, quite true.
Miss Kay

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 pm

I have learnt that fluffy sheep hot water bottles can heat up the underwire on bras and cause significant discomfort.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm

I learned that pigeons make a very lound 'thunk' noise when hit by a car. :cry:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

Dorset Girl wrote:I learned that pigeons make a very lound 'thunk' noise when hit by a car. :cry:

Oh no!

Today I am learning that waiting for a courier is boring, and can put the rest of the items that need posting aside for the day. :?
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 am

Dorset Girl wrote:I learned that pigeons make a very lound 'thunk' noise when hit by a car. :cry:

Oh no!

Today I am learning that waiting for a courier is boring, and can put the rest of the items that need posting aside for the day. :?
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion