Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite salad dressing

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Favourite salad dressing

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:23 am

What's your favourite salad dressing?

Mine is Thousand Island.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Re: Favourite salad dressing

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 am

Weirdly, I like Bicks burger relish with mine. I know that's odd, but it's yummy!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am

Don't eat much salad i have to say but i will go with Mayo or whatever the local kebeb puts on theres some sort of oil i presume ..... :lol: i havent got a clue as to what im eating .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:12 pm

woggle wrote:Don't eat much salad i have to say but i will go with Mayo or whatever the local kebeb puts on theres some sort of oil i presume ..... :lol: i havent got a clue as to what im eating .

Hehe, no one has a clue what they're eating when they have a kebab! There's all kinds of weird stuff in there - testicles, eyelashes, hooves... :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Don't eat much salad i have to say but i will go with Mayo or whatever the local kebeb puts on theres some sort of oil i presume ..... :lol: i havent got a clue as to what im eating .

Hehe, no one has a clue what they're eating when they have a kebab! There's all kinds of weird stuff in there - testicles, eyelashes, hooves... :lol:

HAHAHAHA ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... i did wonder what that ball of gristle was in my doner the tother day .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 pm

woggle wrote:HAHAHAHA ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... i did wonder what that ball of gristle was in my doner the tother day .

that was probably the fallopian tube of a kangaroo, or something. All sorts in there, honestly! ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:HAHAHAHA ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... i did wonder what that ball of gristle was in my doner the tother day .

that was probably the fallopian tube of a kangaroo, or something. All sorts in there, honestly! ;)

Christ thats disgusting woman ...lol are you some sort secret heathly eating ermm promoter [ can't think of the right term ] to put people off take away .... they should pay you more its worked haha don't think i can go near a kebab ever again ..
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:03 pm

woggle wrote:Christ thats disgusting woman ...lol are you some sort secret heathly eating ermm promoter [ can't think of the right term ] to put people off take away .... they should pay you more its worked haha don't think i can go near a kebab ever again ..

Yeah, that's me, a 'secret healthy eating promotor' who loves takeaway and eats calorific foods. :lol:

Doner kebabs are only supposed to be eaten whilst drunk. That way, when you chuck up ten minutes later, you can blame the alcohol and not the food. Shami kebabs, on the other hand... mmm, delicious! One of the nicest things I've ever had in my mouth. 8-)
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Christ thats disgusting woman ...lol are you some sort secret heathly eating ermm promoter [ can't think of the right term ] to put people off take away .... they should pay you more its worked haha don't think i can go near a kebab ever again ..

Yeah, that's me, a 'secret healthy eating promotor' who loves takeaway and eats calorific foods. :lol:

Doner kebabs are only supposed to be eaten whilst drunk. That way, when you chuck up ten minutes later, you can blame the alcohol and not the food. Shami kebabs, on the other hand... mmm, delicious! One of the nicest things I've ever had in my mouth. 8-)

Had to google that ...ooooh looks quite nice does that .. i fancy a nice big jucy one done on a bbq yummy .
woggle

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Has anyone ever had the "salad bar" option as a meal in a restaurant? I don't think they have them in England any more but I have them sometimes in the States. They have a wide range of vegetables (and fruit) to choose from and different salad dressings.

I like to have lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, eggs, olives, potato and pasta salad and maybe some croutons as well...and pour a lot of dressing over it. You can go up there as often as you like and it doesn't cost any extra.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby woggle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Has anyone ever had the "salad bar" option as a meal in a restaurant? I don't think they have them in England any more but I have them sometimes in the States. They have a wide range of vegetables (and fruit) to choose from and different salad dressings.

I like to have lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, eggs, olives, potato and pasta salad and maybe some croutons as well...and pour a lot of dressing over it. You can go up there as often as you like and it doesn't cost any extra.

Yes at a resturant called the Harvester we used to have one into town [ its now a bunch of flats :( ] , the salad bar was one of main draws as its free like u say , we'd all [ kiddes as well ] used to go up with a huge bowl and just fill it with so much there was loads a choice and one of the reasons i miss that place .

My favorite was the bacon bits that after filling me bowl to the rim you sprinkle them all over for an extra bit of crunch :D .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Has anyone ever had the "salad bar" option as a meal in a restaurant? I don't think they have them in England any more but I have them sometimes in the States. They have a wide range of vegetables (and fruit) to choose from and different salad dressings.

Yeah, that's available in a lot of English restaurants - Harvester, Deep Pan Pizza, Pizza Hut and probably some others.
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Bacon ranch, bitches!
barnaclelapse

Postby Lil » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Russian dressing. Mmmm.
Lil

Postby ck_psy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

the thing in kebabs is hommous (or hummus).
it's made with chickpeas and sesame mostly, and olive oil
Set your phasers on stunning!
ck_psy

Postby jrsightes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:59 am

Ranch, for sure.

:lol: BGF, why don't you ever start totally random threads like this anymore? I'm really enjoying digging up the old ones.
jrsightes

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 am

jrsightes wrote:BGF, why don't you ever start totally random threads like this anymore?

Like the Weakest Link one, you mean? :wink:

I agree, it's kind of endearing. At first.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby jrsightes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh, yeah, I suppose that qualifies. That one is at least somewhat pertinent to life here on FO, though. The food ones are really random, and I love it. I was cracking up the other day, reading all of M-C's posts mocking her, like the balsa wood and ice ones. :lol:
jrsightes

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Bacon ranch, suckas.
barnaclelapse

Postby jrsightes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Bacon ranch, suckas.

Ooo, where do you find that?
jrsightes

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 pm

The grocery store?

I'm pretty sure Wal Mart has it.
barnaclelapse

Postby jrsightes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Never seen it. Does Hidden Valley make it? Or Kraft?
jrsightes

Postby barnaclelapse » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:38 pm

I have no idea.
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 am

jrsightes wrote:Never seen it. Does Hidden Valley make it? Or Kraft?

I think Hidden Valley and Kraft both make a Bacon Ranch. So does Paul Newman.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
jrsightes wrote:Never seen it. Does Hidden Valley make it? Or Kraft?

I think Hidden Valley and Kraft both make a Bacon Ranch. So does Paul Newman.

Hmmm. This sounded really good at first, but the more I think about it, it's kind of superfluous, since I usually put bacon bits on my salad anyway.
jrsightes

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion