Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What has confused you today?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What has confused you today?

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Hmm, chatted to him for a while, had a few comical misunderstandings like when he joked that I should call him 'father' and it took me ages to realise that he was referring to a post I'd just made about confessions. For a moment there I thought he was in to incestual roleplay. :lol:

:lol:

Did you reply "As long as you spank me and tell me I'm a naughty girl"?

Heh, you're obviously going to go somewhere fairly public in daylight aren't you. sounds like it could be fun :)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 pm

:lol: It didn't get too flirty, actually - just nice chat, which is good IMHO. When I registered with online dating previously, I kind of went in all guns blazing and talked to whoever sent me messages in whatever style they wanted to talk. Now, though, I feel much more comfortable about taking things slowly and being more choosy about who I talk to. I'm in no rush whatsoever to find a new partner, which puts me in a good position, I think.

I set up a very honest profile, and put a full-length picture, so people can either accept me how I am, or just not bother to contact me (in fact, I wrote that on my profile too :lol: ).
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Oh I wanna see his feedback now and some more info needed please! If my laptop was working I would join a dating site I thinks.

He didn't specify his ebay username. :lol: He's a company manager, for an IT company. He's into photography, and suggested that we take a walk over the hills with our cameras.

Don't do that! Seriously.

:twisted: Especially if his feedback score is for items like "large axe" "shovel" "3 large bags of lime" :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Especially if his feedback score is for items like "large axe" "shovel" "3 large bags of lime" :lol:

Knowing my luck...

He's definitely interested, he left me a message late last night saying it was nice to talk to me, and made some nice comments about some photos I showed him (of landscapes, rather than myself :lol: ). So I reckon the ball's in my court at the moment.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Glad to hear it's going well so far DG :)
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Good stuff, DG. Go for it. No harm in seeing how it goes, and your sensible enough (yes, really ;) ) to take the necessary safety precautions in meeting up.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Good stuff, DG. Go for it. No harm in seeing how it goes, and your sensible enough (yes, really ;) ) to take the necessary safety precautions in meeting up.

:lol: Thank you.

No doubt you guys will get a running commentary from me, regarding my forays into the online dating world. I can't seem to help myself. So you have been warned! I think there's a 'block' option for users who annoy you, isn't there? ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 pm

:lol: I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to those unfolding tales.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::lol: I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to those unfolding tales.

:D I can hear the sarcasm in your voice there, MC, even though I'm only reading rather than hearing.
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote::lol: I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to those unfolding tales.

:D I can hear the sarcasm in your voice there, MC, even though I'm only reading rather than hearing.

:D Not at all. Something's bound to happen with some crazy revelation or you embarrassing yourself in some way, so i'm certain there's some fun to come. Not that you attract unusual situations or anything :wink:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::D Not at all. Something's bound to happen with some crazy revelation or you embarrassing yourself in some way, so i'm certain there's some fun to come. Not that you attract unusual situations or anything :wink:

Seriously MC... you have no idea! I've had the craziest things happen to me over the past year, that I haven't even mentioned on here! The stuff I've posted here - that's run-of-the-mill, everyday stuff in my life. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 pm

How I can keep being bitten by bugs of some sort in my room at night when I never open the window, and how swollen one eye can get! Meh.

Good luck with eBay dude DG!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby !Amz! » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Why people suddenly start chatting to me on Facebook right before I'm about to log off to go to bed. They don't say a word to me during the day. Went on to log off at half 10 and have now only just finished talking to my friend. I'm not one of those people to say "sorry I was just about to go offline" unless it's something majorly important as I feel like I'm being rude. Just call me doormat :lol:
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Dug out my two pairs of winter boots, as the weather seems to have decided summer is completely over. Put them on, and both pairs are way too big! Losing weight has made my shoes size change - didn't expect that. :lol:

The good news is that I now seem to be a size 5, so can buy girl's shoes instead of women's, which are cheaper as there's no VAT on them. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 pm

You've got teeny tiny ticklish feet :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:You've got teeny tiny ticklish feet :D

;) Yes, they're very ticklish. So much so that I can't even touch the soles of my feet myself - when I wash them, I have to kind of stand on a flannel and jiggle around a bit (apologies for the mental picture that may conjure up!) As a matter of fact, I'm very ticklish all over, which can be very annoying at times. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Telling your boss that his male mate suggested the three of you have a 'ménage à trois' is a bad idea, right?

Following that up by then telling him that his mate suggested that he (boss) was my 'forbidden fruit' and I'd do anything to get my hands on him is also bad, yeah?
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 pm

yeah.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Telling your boss that his male mate suggested the three of you have a 'ménage à trois' is a bad idea, right?

Following that up by then telling him that his mate suggested that he (boss) was my 'forbidden fruit' and I'd do anything to get my hands on him is also bad, yeah?

:twisted: Add one more and you could do the backing vocals for the chrous of She Loves You :shock:

Not me being confused, rather than doing the confusing.........

Jo, Scoobie, and I were walking through the city center earlier this afternoon and walked down Matthew Street (big tourist attraction because of The Beatles).
A pair of American women wanted to take a photo of Scoobie, so I picked him up and sort of held him out so they could get a good close up of him.

I then quiped that Scoobie would be happy to autograph the picture for them.
They looked at me as if to say WTF.
I don't know if they were confused becuse Scoobie is a dog, and dogs do not have reputations of being great with pens, or if it was because the picture hadn't been printed out so how's he supposed to sign it?
Either way, two very confused ladies :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Telling your boss that his male mate suggested the three of you have a 'ménage à trois' is a bad idea, right?

:twisted: Add one more and you could do the backing vocals for the chrous of She Loves You :shock:

Which are...?

I can add plenty more. Oh yes, I excelled myself today!
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Forever Jung wrote:Not me being confused, rather than doing the confusing.........

Jo, Scoobie, and I were walking through the city center earlier this afternoon and walked down Matthew Street (big tourist attraction because of The Beatles).
A pair of American women wanted to take a photo of Scoobie, so I picked him up and sort of held him out so they could get a good close up of him.

I then quiped that Scoobie would be happy to autograph the picture for them.
They looked at me as if to say WTF.
I don't know if they were confused becuse Scoobie is a dog, and dogs do not have reputations of being great with pens, or if it was because the picture hadn't been printed out so how's he supposed to sign it?
Either way, two very confused ladies :lol:

:lol: I'd love to have seen their faces!
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:

Which are...?

I can add plenty more. Oh yes, I excelled myself today!

:twisted: She loves you
yeah yeah yeah
she loves you
yeah yeah yeah
she loves you
yeah yeah yeah yeah

:lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 am

On today's episode of Pointless, only half of the 100 people asked knew the answer to the name of the more famous brother of Roy O Disney? :shock: Who else could it have been - and who in the whole of the world has never heard of Walt Disney? :scratch:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 am

Moon-Crane wrote:On today's episode of Pointless, only half of the 100 people asked knew the answer to the name of the more famous brother of Roy O Disney? :shock: Who else could it have been - and who in the whole of the world has never heard of Walt Disney? :scratch:

Were these people who live in the very remotest parts of the world or 5 year old kids or something? :shock:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:44 am

Moon-Crane wrote:On today's episode of Pointless, only half of the 100 people asked knew the answer to the name of the more famous brother of Roy O Disney? :shock: Who else could it have been - and who in the whole of the world has never heard of Walt Disney? :scratch:

Wow. Just wow.
Lil

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion