Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What has confused you today?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What has confused you today?

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 pm

welshben23 wrote::lol: I better not go anywhere near any cliffs in Mumbles then!

Mumbles isn't visible at the moment, it's too bloody wet and cloudy. :x Sooo glad I brought my camera and tripod to take some sunset photos. :roll:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:No ones gonna help you benny ..lol maybe i'll give you a shovel to get outa that hole u dug ...or maybe a JCB might be better .

He's not paying attention anyway, he's too busy looking at someone's user profile at the mo. :wink:

Oooooooooooooo who is the someone ????
woggle

Postby Lil » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 am

I hate it when you're physically attracted to someone but there's nothing else there. You know what I mean? You find yourself wanting this person but can't have them because your head and that other part of your body (...ahem) is saying two different things. I don't know what got me thinking about it, but there was this guy in a class of mine, Nick, and we used to flirt terribly with each other. But he joined the Army and that was that. This might be the wrong place to post it, but it was confusing for me and it feels good to finally talk about that.
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am

LaughingIsLife wrote:I hate it when you're physically attracted to someone but there's nothing else there. You know what I mean? You find yourself wanting this person but can't have them because your head and that other part of your body (...ahem) is saying two different things.

What you're experiencing, Lil, is what men experience all the time. Hence the phrase "Wham, bam, thank you mam." Or that well-known book title: "Eats, shoots and leaves." ;)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Love is confusing the hell out of me again.

Heh.
barnaclelapse

Postby Lil » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:I hate it when you're physically attracted to someone but there's nothing else there. You know what I mean? You find yourself wanting this person but can't have them because your head and that other part of your body (...ahem) is saying two different things.

What you're experiencing, Lil, is what men experience all the time. Hence the phrase "Wham, bam, thank you mam." Or that well-known book title: "Eats, shoots and leaves." ;)

:lol:

On my behalf, I must say that it's a screwy feeling (no pun intended).
Lil

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm quite frankly amazed and confused when anyone is physically attracted to me.

I ain't what you'd call pretty.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I'm quite frankly amazed and confused when anyone is physically attracted to me.

I ain't what you'd call pretty.

Don't have such low self esteem, that's an order.

Now, tell me the gossip. More details needed.
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Details? What damn details?
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Details? What damn details?

Who's attracted to you? Is there a bit of a lurrrve thing going on?
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Ah.

Yeah, but I was speaking in generalities.

And I'm still not pretty.
barnaclelapse

Postby Lil » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Ah.

Yeah, but I was speaking in generalities.

And I'm still not pretty.

Are you kidding me? You're the prettiest Canadian/American I know.
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Agreed.
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 pm

You can now pay the Congestion Charge in my local newsagents, which isn't too odd until you condsider the fact that I live over 200 miles from London, even if you bought it when the shop opened (supposedly 5am but from personal experience more like 6) it would be lunchtime when you arrive in London and you would have saved virtually no time
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby tubalcain » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 am

The Gas Board digging up one of the roads on my way home.
The signs depict work for the next fourteen weeks and they are digging the trench at a rate of two car lengths a day.
I thought I would suggest putting the teacups down and using the teaspoons to increase the work rate on the trench.
And I thought the Great Escape was a gas leak...
:?
tubalcain

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 pm

everything here is pretty confusing actually, especially some of the other patients, for example the man who only smokes half a cigarette at a time and the gay one who is painting his nails.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:02 pm

insaneasperger wrote:everything here is pretty confusing actually, especially some of the other patients, for example the man who only smokes half a cigarette at a time and the gay one who is painting his nails.

Are you in hospital IA? Have you posted about it before? If so, I missed it, sorry.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:15 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:everything here is pretty confusing actually, especially some of the other patients, for example the man who only smokes half a cigarette at a time and the gay one who is painting his nails.

Are you in hospital IA? Have you posted about it before? If so, I missed it, sorry.

Not in hospital, but a mental unit, finally been sent to get some help, but its not really helping at them moment, as I just want to go home, I am lucky though as its a low risk one, so we can do what we want, but there's not much to do, other than sit around and smoke and chat to the other loons, most of which seem surprisingly normal.
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Not in hospital, but a mental unit, finally been sent to get some help, but its not really helping at them moment, as I just want to go home, I am lucky though as its a low risk one, so we can do what we want, but there's not much to do, other than sit around and smoke and chat to the other loons, most of which seem surprisingly normal.

I hope you find that it does help soon, but from what I've heard, the environment in psychiatric hospitals - even in this day and age - isn't particularly conducive to making people feel better. At least your need for help is being taken seriously, though. Let us know how you get on, eh? I'll be thinking of you!
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Not in hospital, but a mental unit, finally been sent to get some help, but its not really helping at them moment, as I just want to go home, I am lucky though as its a low risk one, so we can do what we want, but there's not much to do, other than sit around and smoke and chat to the other loons, most of which seem surprisingly normal.

I hope you find that it does help soon, but from what I've heard, the environment in psychiatric hospitals - even in this day and age - isn't particularly conducive to making people feel better. At least your need for help is being taken seriously, though. Let us know how you get on, eh? I'll be thinking of you!

Thanks, the only thing I am annoyed about, and not with my mum at all is that they were just gonna drug me up and send me home until my mum said that wasn't good enough this this, and she just couldn't handle looking after me. Fair enough for my mum, but annoyed at them for thinking it would be safe to let me go home in the condition/state of mind I was/am in. Thanks for your support DG, most of friends are being really supportive too and offering to come and visit. The only person who isn't being supportive is my sister, but then again I should of expected that as I am getting attention again. It's not like I asked for it though!! Sorry this has turned in to a rant! Its just there is not really anyone to talk to in here they seem too busy, occasionally stopping by to try and read what I am writing or ask if I am OK. I feel like saying 'I'm in here what do you freaking think!' but I will control myself!

sorry againfor letting it all out, but it feels quite good
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Thanks, the only thing I am annoyed about, and not with my mum at all is that they were just gonna drug me up and send me home until my mum said that wasn't good enough this this, and she just couldn't handle looking after me. Fair enough for my mum, but annoyed at them for thinking it would be safe to let me go home in the condition/state of mind I was/am in. Thanks for your support DG, most of friends are being really supportive too and offering to come and visit. The only person who isn't being supportive is my sister, but then again I should of expected that as I am getting attention again. It's not like I asked for it though!! Sorry this has turned in to a rant! Its just there is not really anyone to talk to in here they seem too busy, occasionally stopping by to try and read what I am writing or ask if I am OK. I feel like saying 'I'm in here what do you freaking think!' but I will control myself!

sorry againfor letting it all out, but it feels quite good

Yes, it's actually good that your mum told them that, as it means that they have to take you seriously and give you help. As for your sister (I met her once and thought it was you, didn't I? :lol:) - bollocks to her. If you're getting attention at the moment, it's because you need it. Maybe if she pulled her weight a little more, you wouldn't have had so much to deal with on your own lately, and wouldn't be in this situation.

I realise I've only heard your side of things so I might be way off the mark, but if the way you've described events is true (which I think it is), then she needs to get her arse in gear and share some responsibility IMHO.
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:31 pm

thanks my sister is a muppet, as soon as she found out I was in here she started on face book about how depressed she is and how she hates her life... When she was really happy before. I asked he if she wanted to swap places, I will have a steady job and my own place and she can come in here or a while, and the shut up. Mum told me not to worry and to just concentrate on getting better, but it's difficult. Most people have been here a month or more!!! Don't wanna be in that long! A new girl has just arrived and I know her from morrisons. Was gonna say hi and chat but everytime I go near her she walks away. Will talk to the others just not me. Strange but I shouldn't be bothered she used to annoy me anyway. Really must stop ranting on here or else I will start to sound insane hahaha
insaneasperger

Postby Lil » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of what's been going on with you, IA. I hope you get the help you deserve. :) Good luck with everything.
Lil

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 pm

LaughingIsLife wrote:I'm so sorry to hear of what's been going on with you, IA. I hope you get the help you deserve. :) Good luck with everything.

Thank LIL. I have been so confused I forgot it was my boyfriends birthdat tomorrow....... luckily mum brought in a card for me to sign! Strangley enough I remembered it was her birthday on sunday and I knew it was Woggles birthday tommorrow, but my boyfriendjust ain't registering at all with me at the moment..... not good!
insaneasperger

Postby woggle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 pm

insaneasperger wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:I'm so sorry to hear of what's been going on with you, IA. I hope you get the help you deserve. :) Good luck with everything.

Thank LIL. I have been so confused I forgot it was my boyfriends birthdat tomorrow....... luckily mum brought in a card for me to sign! Strangley enough I remembered it was her birthday on sunday and I knew it was Woggles birthday tommorrow, but my boyfriendjust ain't registering at all with me at the moment..... not good!

Hang in there IA hope all goes well with you lovie :)
woggle

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion