Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What has confused you today?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What has confused you today?

Postby jrsightes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Why does Bob the Builder never need planning permission? And how come he gets things done quickly, turns up on time, doesn't drink endless cups of tea and doesn't have a 'builder's bum'? I have my doubts about whether he's actually a real builder, I think the BBC are using an actor in their documentary series about the building trade. :?

Whoa! That was jarring to hear Bob the Builder speaking with a British accent. I had no idea it was a British show---our Bob the Builder speaks with an American accent. Must be overdubbed.
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Why does Bob the Builder never need planning permission? And how come he gets things done quickly, turns up on time, doesn't drink endless cups of tea and doesn't have a 'builder's bum'? I have my doubts about whether he's actually a real builder, I think the BBC are using an actor in their documentary series about the building trade. :?

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 pm

jrsightes wrote:

Whoa! That was jarring to hear Bob the Builder speaking with a British accent. I had no idea it was a British show---our Bob the Builder speaks with an American accent. Must be overdubbed.

I didn't know it had been exported.

There are a few shows on our children's channels that I suspect are American but have been dubbed - Clifford the Big Red Dog is one of them. The whole setup of it seems more American than British.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby jrsightes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
jrsightes wrote:

There are a few shows on our children's channels that I suspect are American but have been dubbed - Clifford the Big Red Dog is one of them. The whole setup of it seems more American than British.

I don't know on which side of the pond it originated, but Clifford was definitely a mainstay of my childhood here in the States.
jrsightes

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 pm

hehe, funny. :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:23 pm

jrsightes wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:
jrsightes wrote:Whoa! That was jarring to hear Bob the Builder speaking with a British accent. I had no idea it was a British show---our Bob the Builder speaks with an American accent. Must be overdubbed.

I don't know on which side of the pond it originated, but Clifford was definitely a mainstay of my childhood here in the States.

The books were American, so i'd guess the show was created Stateside.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

You think it's funny that he can build whatever the heck he likes, when it took us eight months to get planning for an extension agreed? And I bet he doesn't have to include at least 5% of Purbeck Stone, either. :x Plus - the building inspectors never cause him any problems.

The books were American, so i'd guess the show was created Stateside.

Yeah, that would make sense. There's something very 'American' about it, I can't put my finger on exactly what, though!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:03 pm

I never really watched the Clifford TV show but I loved the books as a kid. I had some of them memorized. I probably still have them in a box somewhere.

Never much cared for Bob the Builder. Those construction workers are a sort you can never really trust!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:

You think it's funny that he can build whatever the heck he likes, when it took us eight months to get planning for an extension agreed? And I bet he doesn't have to include at least 5% of Purbeck Stone, either. :x Plus - the building inspectors never cause him any problems.

Well, council planners seem be a bunch of Tweenies, Teletubbies and other such Muppets, so Bob can probably gives the old members' club funny handshake and anything's passed.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Well, council planners seem be a bunch of Tweenies, Teletubbies and other such Muppets, so Bob can probably gives the old members' club funny handshake and anything's passed.

Good point!
Dorset Girl

Postby Quantum » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:41 pm

The till at the bar was 45 quid down after last night.We all turned out our pockets and stuff but not a squeak from anyone.Then this lunchtime Brad who is or was a good mate of mine didn't show in and we now find he has scarpered to Ipswich with a further 200 subbed from the boss.The odd thing is he owed me 30 and I found that under my door this afternoon.Stupid me opened my mouth and the boss reckons it's his to claim back.
Why do mates do this? :?
What do you mean it's Monday?
Quantum

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm

According to Yahoo UK, today's top searches are:

1. Susan Boyle
2. iPhone
3. Cheryl Cole
4. NYE party ideas
5. Katie Price
6. Lindsay Lohan
7. Alternative Christmas dinners
8. Gordon Brown
9. Hadron collider
10. Gavin & Stacey

I refuse to believe that that's a completely accurate list of the things that most people have been searching for today. More likely, they're either completely random, or are searches that are carefully picked to make Yahoo a lot of money through advertising revenue!
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Susan Boyle would make for an interesting "Alternative Christmas Dinner."
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 pm

A photograph of Wezzo in the bath. :scratch: :shock:

Actually, if there was a 'what made you choke on your breakfast today?' thread, I would have put this there!
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:A photograph of Wezzo in the bath. :scratch: :shock:

Actually, if there was a 'what made you choke on your breakfast today?' thread, I would have put this there!

:lol:

I saw that shortly before going to bed last night. :::shudder::: (but I still love ya Wez!)
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

I...think I missed that...
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I...think I missed that...

Don't worry, I'll send you a link. Wouldn't want you to miss out on that visual treat. :D

Love ya, Wezzo! ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Lil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Whoaaaa I can't be left out of this one! I want a link too! :lol:
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Lil wrote:Whoaaaa I can't be left out of this one! I want a link too! :lol:

FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Lil wrote:Whoaaaa I can't be left out of this one! I want a link too! :lol:

FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!

Funny you're promoting it after all the complaining you've been doing recently about it :wink:
Lil

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I still don't like the new layout but the biggest issue was how buggy it was after they changed the format. It's running much better now.

In any event, Wez posted the picture on Facebook and that's the only way you're going to see it! :)
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Me. I confuse myself! The fact that the guy I'm hung up on is married doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that other girls flirt with him on facebook. This confuses me!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Me. I confuse myself! The fact that the guy I'm hung up on is married doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that other girls flirt with him on facebook. This confuses me!

I think (hope) that's perfectly normal. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Me. I confuse myself! The fact that the guy I'm hung up on is married doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that other girls flirt with him on facebook. This confuses me!

I think (hope) that's perfectly normal. :lol:

I kept thinking to myself last night "This shouldn't bother me but I'm really quite jealous here!" I have no "hold" on him and he's certainly not beholden to me and why does the fact that he's married not really bother me at all?" Yes, that whole thought was going through my head! And it goes through my head frequently. :lol:

Part of the problem too is that I CAN'T openly flirt with him on facebook due to the fact that we have way too many friends in common and his son who I know reads his posts knows me.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 am

In the early hours of this morning, I was awaken from a cool dream about sliding down a snowy hillside on a dustbin lid, by my daughter yelling 'Mummy! Mummy!' I dragged myself out of my warm bed and went into her room. She was laying there with her eyes wide open, so I thought I'd better sit with her for a while a try to get her back to sleep. She watched me struggle in to my dressing gown (coordination isn't my strong point at stupid o'clock), and I sat down next to her.

"I've got a funny hat!" she said enthusiastically. There was no hat in sight, funny or otherwise, but I thought it best to agree with her to keep the peace. "You've got a funny hat too!" she added, then rolled over and promptly started snoring. So I'd got out of my nice warm bed, and interrupted my lovely dream, just to hear about an apparently invisible hat. No wonder I spend most of my life in a dazed state of exhaustion. :lol:
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion