Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Impossible Dream

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Impossible Dream

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I keep dreaming that I'm trying to walk somewhere, but my legs get in a tangle and I can't. :scratch: I'm always walking to different places, and I always end up having to stop and sit down. Last night was about the tenth time I've had that dream, I reckon.

:twisted: Would you say the obvious interpretation is accurate?

Spell it out for me? I dreamt it again last night, and the night before. Every single night at the mo.

Last night's dream was even weirder than usual - an elderly lady had died whilst I was with her, and instead of reporting it, for some reason I felt a need to hide the body. So the dream was mostly about me trying to walk around finding a hiding place!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:I keep dreaming that I'm trying to walk somewhere, but my legs get in a tangle and I can't. :scratch: I'm always walking to different places, and I always end up having to stop and sit down. Last night was about the tenth time I've had that dream, I reckon.

:twisted: Would you say the obvious interpretation is accurate?

Spell it out for me? I dreamt it again last night, and the night before. Every single night at the mo.

Last night's dream was even weirder than usual - an elderly lady had died whilst I was with her, and instead of reporting it, for some reason I felt a need to hide the body. So the dream was mostly about me trying to walk around finding a hiding place!

:twisted: I would think that it's a dream about indecision and holding yourself back.
You can't walk because your legs are tangled, your own body is stopping you. You are working against yourself moving forward.

This could be over different issues, mixed feelings about going to work somewhere new, it could be about your feelings for your boss, that you have decided that you don't want a relationship with him but your mind keeps going back to him.

You walk to different places (so are they the same dream?) which could mean you don't know which way to go. Another sign of your mind not being sure of what it wants.

Either that or you have to cut out the cheese on toast before bed :lol:

The trying to hide a dead body just means you're weird :D :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:55 pm

:lol: Okay, thank you for that interesting analysis.

You could well be right about me working against myself moving forward. I don't have any particularly strong feelings for my boss any more, thankfully, but I do have some reluctance to move on with life and meet a new partner, so it could definitely be connected with that.

I'm always walking to different places in the dream - sometimes on the beach, sometimes in a town, sometime indoors. It doesn't seem to be tied to any specific place, and the 'storylines' of the dreams are all different - I just have this difficulty in walking in all of them.

A while back, I was using hypnotherapy recordings to help me sleep. The beginning of one of them asks you to imagine you're walking across wet grass with bare feet - I could imagine the sensation of the grass very clearly, but the walking smoothly bit was more difficult - and that was when awake!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion