Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What are you doing and where are you right now?

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: What are you doing and where are you right now?

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Did laundry, went to Wal-Mart, stopped at Taco Bell and now having finished eating said Taco Bell I'm sitting on my butt on the sofa watching The Game of Thrones.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

Just got back from uni after going into pick up my exam paper and had 2 run ins with police. The first on the way there, they had pulled someone over so you needed to go onto the other side of the road to get past - there was a long que of traffic and I couldn't see, but when I got to the front I saw there was traffic coming the other way so I slammed the brake on, and then had to manouvere myself a bit to make sure I'd left a big enough gap - right next to the police car.

On the way back was much more anxiety inducing as I had a car following me the whole way home. At first I thought I was going to get pulled over but after I kept checking the mirror, he wasn't flashing his lights or anything so I just assumed he wasn't following me for a reason. Even still, I pretty much panicked throughout that whole drive. I know they're just going about doing their job, but christ, it's intimidating!
!Amz!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 am

!Amz! wrote:Just got back from uni after going into pick up my exam paper and had 2 run ins with police. The first on the way there, they had pulled someone over so you needed to go onto the other side of the road to get past - there was a long que of traffic and I couldn't see, but when I got to the front I saw there was traffic coming the other way so I slammed the brake on, and then had to manouvere myself a bit to make sure I'd left a big enough gap - right next to the police car.

On the way back was much more anxiety inducing as I had a car following me the whole way home. At first I thought I was going to get pulled over but after I kept checking the mirror, he wasn't flashing his lights or anything so I just assumed he wasn't following me for a reason. Even still, I pretty much panicked throughout that whole drive. I know they're just going about doing their job, but christ, it's intimidating!

When you said you had 'run ins' I was a bit worried they'd stopped you then!! Glad to hear they didn't.

As a new driver myself, I know what you mean - the stupid mistake I made the other night when I pulled out in front of another car was because I was distracted by a police car stopped just up the road! They wouldn't have been paying attention to me at all, so I don't know why I was worried.

Pretty much every time I drive, I pass police with a speed camera. They're very hot on it around here - not sure if that's the same everywhere, or whether we're just 'lucky'. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am

We have a lot of speed cameras here, my mind tends to play tricks on me and I end up doubting myself as to whether I was speeding when I drove past one. Think it's the fact that my driving licence in theory is the most expensive thing I own considering the amount of money spent on lessons and the four tests I took! I'm beginning to see why my instructor here used to say 25 in a 30 and 35 in a 40 - with someone as OCD as me, that's probably a wise rule to follow, even though I don't like holding people up!
!Amz!

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm glad I can't drive, but only sometimes.

I'm just trying to balance working with fooling around on this thing called the internet. It's going better today than it did yesterday. That's for bloody sure.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:22 pm

In a hotel in Bolton. Supposed to be in a Seminar, but I'm bunking off. :D We get a four course meal later, yum - then I get to watch my colleagues get extremely drunk whilst I stick to the Diet Coke.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 am

Aw, man, I want a four-course meal.

Some booze would rock, too.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:In a hotel in Bolton. Supposed to be in a Seminar, but I'm bunking off. :D We get a four course meal later, yum - then I get to watch my colleagues get extremely drunk whilst I stick to the Diet Coke.

Hehe when they ask you in a few days if they did something stupid that night you could make up anything as they would never remember what they actually did anyway ..be devious!!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Okay, well, what actually happened is that I drank two glasses of red wine, a glass of Pimms and three shots of Aftershock. My low alcohol tolerance and the medication combined with the alcohol to make me extremely drunk, and at 3am I was doing somersaults and shoulder stands in the hotel bar. 'Twas fun! And I have no hangover... somehow.

I'm now in the hotel foyer about to have a buffet lunch... then 7 hours on a train, ugh.
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Okay, well, what actually happened is that I drank two glasses of red wine, a glass of Pimms and three shots of Aftershock. My low alcohol tolerance and the medication combined with the alcohol to make me extremely drunk, and at 3am I was doing somersaults and shoulder stands in the hotel bar. 'Twas fun! And I have no hangover... somehow.

Hahahaha so much for the diet coke ! now if you were doing shots whilst doing handstands on the bar now thats impressive ..lol glad you had fun!
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

woggle wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:In a hotel in Bolton. Supposed to be in a Seminar, but I'm bunking off. :D We get a four course meal later, yum - then I get to watch my colleagues get extremely drunk whilst I stick to the Diet Coke.

Hehe when they ask you in a few days if they did something stupid that night you could make up anything as they would never remember what they actually did anyway ..be devious!!

That's what I would do, at least.

Glad you had fun, DG.
barnaclelapse

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Okay, well, what actually happened is that I drank two glasses of red wine, a glass of Pimms and three shots of Aftershock. My low alcohol tolerance and the medication combined with the alcohol to make me extremely drunk, and at 3am I was doing somersaults and shoulder stands in the hotel bar. 'Twas fun! And I have no hangover... somehow.

I'm now in the hotel foyer about to have a buffet lunch... then 7 hours on a train, ugh.

:twisted: Sounds like a good night.

But did you get a traffic cone?
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby insaneasperger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:44 pm

At home enjoying the peace and making a start on Ella's baby book. It's hard work, and really sad when I'm writing about my dad, knowing Ella isn't going to meet him. Got lots of awesome ideas though so I'm trying to get them done!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Sitting here lamenting that I didn't win the 640 million dollar mega millions lottery last night! :cry:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Reveling in a bit of peace and quiet as the nephews are over to stay the night and all day they haven't stopped! jeez louise both like a wind up toy thats got stuck..lol
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

woggle wrote:Reveling in a bit of peace and quiet as the nephews are over to stay the night and all day they haven't stopped! jeez louise both like a wind up toy thats got stuck..lol

Keren's like that all the time... I'm probably completely grey under all this hair dye. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Reveling in a bit of peace and quiet as the nephews are over to stay the night and all day they haven't stopped! jeez louise both like a wind up toy thats got stuck..lol

Keren's like that all the time... I'm probably completely grey under all this hair dye. :lol:

:lol: I seriously don't know how you do it?!!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:40 pm

In all honesty, it is really hard sometimes. You'd think she'd sleep at night because she's so active during the day, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

At about midnight last night, she started crying quietly to herself - I tried my hardest to comfort her, but she wouldn't tell me what was wrong. She cried for almost four hours, and I didn't know what to do. At about 4pm this evening, she finally told me that it was because daddy hadn't phoned her for ages. :cry:
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:In all honesty, it is really hard sometimes. You'd think she'd sleep at night because she's so active during the day, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

At about midnight last night, she started crying quietly to herself - I tried my hardest to comfort her, but she wouldn't tell me what was wrong. She cried for almost four hours, and I didn't know what to do. At about 4pm this evening, she finally told me that it was because daddy hadn't phoned her for ages. :cry:

:( oh bless her thats so sad thats enough to make me cry!! id be on the phone first thing mate to give him a bollocking! its a good job she's got the best mummy!

As for the over active thing i think eating to much crap full of sugar and all the naughty things is part of the problem for my boys i reckon .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm

woggle wrote: :( oh bless her thats so sad thats enough to make me cry!! id be on the phone first thing mate to give him a bollocking! its a good job she's got the best mummy!

That's a lovely thing to say, thank you. :D

I sent him a message asking him to phone her. When he did, I was much more 'no nonsense' with him than I usually am. Instead of asking him to phone her more often, I said "Please give me two dates and times at the beginning of each week when you'll phone Keren, and we'll make sure we're available to talk to you." I plan to text him each weekend asking the same thing, from now onwards.

As for the over active thing i think eating to much crap full of sugar and all the naughty things is part of the problem for my boys i reckon .

Probably! Although I think most kids have bags of energy - I know I used to. Now, I'm starting to feel like I need an afternoon nap most days. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:In all honesty, it is really hard sometimes. You'd think she'd sleep at night because she's so active during the day, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

:twisted: Poor thing :(
Tell your ex to get his arse in geat or you'll send your playmobile giants round to have a word :twisted:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote: :( oh bless her thats so sad thats enough to make me cry!! id be on the phone first thing mate to give him a bollocking! its a good job she's got the best mummy!

That's a lovely thing to say, thank you. :D

I sent him a message asking him to phone her. When he did, I was much more 'no nonsense' with him than I usually am. Instead of asking him to phone her more often, I said "Please give me two dates and times at the beginning of each week when you'll phone Keren, and we'll make sure we're available to talk to you." I plan to text him each weekend asking the same thing, from now onwards.

Probably! Although I think most kids have bags of energy - I know I used to. Now, I'm starting to feel like I need an afternoon nap most days. :lol:

Good girl!!

As for the nap its the same for me ...im feeling about 60 years old nowdays ..lol
woggle

Postby !Amz! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh bless her :( Glad you took a firm hand with him! Surely it's not that hard to phone his little girl twice a week, even if he's really busy? I'm with Woggle, she's very lucky that she has such a good mummy!
!Amz!

Postby Lil » Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh my, that is heartbreaking :(
Lil

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 pm

That's awful, DG. I'm sorry.

I'm just trying to catch up on things. I didn't go to sleep until around six, so I slept in until 11:30.
barnaclelapse

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion