Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Kate Winslet.................

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Kate Winslet.................

Postby vexedfoxy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:56 am

God she gives the worst speech ever, what a fucking drama queen.

Breathless nonesense.....................
Sack the Englsih football team. Anyone involved with the team in SA should never go near the FA again........except the man, or woman it could have been a lady who drove the bus.
vexedfoxy

Postby Wezzo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Didn't see it, but she's hot, so it's ok.

(Think I've used that argument 'round these parts before, but it's as valid as ever!)
Wezzo

Postby vexedfoxy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Yes its the panting that does it.
Sack the Englsih football team. Anyone involved with the team in SA should never go near the FA again........except the man, or woman it could have been a lady who drove the bus.
vexedfoxy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Nothing particularly out of the ordinary in her speech. Surely better than her Golden Globe shenanigans :lol:

But, in an industry known for bitchiness and backstabbing, she comes across to me as one of the most obviously, cold, calculating shrews in the industry. She's like the Celine Dion of acting circles.

I simply can't fathom why winning awards is the be all and end all for some people. At least it wasn't her hubby's duffer of a film that won her the award.

Now she's bitching to the press that British people don't appreciate the successes of 'their own kind'? :lol: Maybe we should announce a national Kate Winslet day?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby vexedfoxy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Did she say that? They are on a different planet.

She did that all flustered bit at the last awards and then told herself to 'gather' pathetic, school boy debating societies have more composure.

Gongs.....yep hate them, I don't give a fauck who is in the film if I like it I like it, if I don't I don't, whats that one with the boat in in thats she was in?

Titanic? Yes thats it, we all knew it sung.........she got her tits out, end of.
vexedfoxy

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:50 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/oscars/4786174/Oscar-winner-Kate-Winslet-Britain-isnt-pleased-for-my-success.html

I do think she's a decent enough actor. She's certainly professional, but then i think she would be happy enough giving performances she can personally be proud of rather than being seen as desperate for awards to validate her career?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I can't help but be reminded of her "secret to winning an Oscar" guide on Extras! :wink:
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Agides wrote:I can't help but be reminded of her "secret to winning an Oscar" guide on Extras! :wink:

Me too. :D

I can't help thinking anyone who's prepared to self-deprecate in that way can't be all bad.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Tom M » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Wezzo wrote:Didn't see it, but she's hot, so it's ok.

(Think I've used that argument 'round these parts before, but it's as valid as ever!)

Nothing wrong with that argument ;)

8-)
"Tom M" a.k.a. "Count Chocula!"
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/TheJamFan2

All cried out; hungry now; ate entire box of Frosted Flakes; they're greeeat!
Niles Crane. :)
Tom M

Postby Wezzo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Tom M wrote:

8-)

ohh myy, yess.
Wezzo

Postby welshben23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Tom M wrote:

8-)

ohh myy, yess.

Ooooohh....I mean yes! Seconded!
welshben23

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 pm

wow didnt realise Kate winslet was sooo hot I have a whole new repect for her! has she done any topless moives?
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:55 pm

insaneasperger wrote:wow didnt realise Kate winslet was sooo hot I have a whole new repect for her! has she done any topless moives?

:shock:

Have you not heard of Kate Winslet? She has done far more than topless movies. :twisted:

EDIT: But i'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't stooped so low to watching Titanic :lol:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 am

Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:wow didnt realise Kate winslet was sooo hot I have a whole new repect for her! has she done any topless moives?

Have you not heard of Kate Winslet? She has done far more than topless movies. :twisted:

EDIT: But i'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't stooped so low to watching Titanic :lol:

nope never heard of her, was she in titanic?? that film is sooooo funny
insaneasperger

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 am

insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:

I take it then, if you have watched Titanic, that you don't take much notice of who's in it and who gets her baps out?
Rodge

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:18 am

Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:

I take it then, if you have watched Titanic, that you don't take much notice of who's in it and who gets her baps out?[/quote]

it was years ago so no I didn't. worth a re-watch then?
insaneasperger

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am

insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:

I take it then, if you have watched Titanic, that you don't take much notice of who's in it and who gets her baps out?

Nope :)

If you want to see Kate Winslet topless & full muff stuff then just watch "Jude"
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 am

Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:

If you want to see Kate Winslet topless & full muff stuff then just watch "Jude"

I've seen that. I can't say it was too sexy though. Wasn't the muff shot when she was in childbirth?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 am

will possibly look out for 'Jude' then! thanks :P
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I can't help thinking anyone who's prepared to self-deprecate in that way can't be all bad.

I don't think she's bad, really. Maybe her agent has a bit to do with some of the 'marketing'. As i say, she's a decent enough actor, and I couldn't really care either way about her personal life. She comes across as pretty calculated at times, but that classed as focus or professionalism, i suppose. If she was desperate for the awards, then she's certainly not the only person to be like that.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stratman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Now she's bitching to the press that British people don't appreciate the successes of 'their own kind'? :lol:

She wouldn't be the first person to say that.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:
Rodge wrote:

I prefer the lesbian scene from that old Peter Jackson film. :D
Stratman

Postby vexedfoxy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 pm

'Full muff stuff'...............Classy, no muff too tuff.
vexedfoxy

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 pm

vexedfoxy wrote:'Full muff stuff'...............Classy, no muff too tuff.

Hey, don't knock it. I was a board member of the "Muff Diving Club" at Uni. The perks were amazing.
Rodge

Postby Hans the German Butler » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Rodge wrote:
vexedfoxy wrote:'Full muff stuff'...............Classy, no muff too tuff.

Hey, don't knock it. I was a board member of the "Muff Diving Club" at Uni. The perks were amazing.

Not to mention the things they can teach you to do with a snorkel!
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion