Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Things that p*** me off

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Things that p*** me off

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 am

I'm extremely indifferent to the Lance Armstrong thing, but that's just me.
barnaclelapse

Postby DiceMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 am

Yeah same, never into cycling really
DiceMan

Postby Patrick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 am

barnaclelapse wrote:I'm extremely indifferent to the Lance Armstrong thing, but that's just me.

I didn't want to say anything but you're not the only one.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
DiceMan wrote:Did he ever test positive, or was he just outed as a doper? (by himself or rival cyclists)

It all depends on who you listen to. For years it was said he never tested positive but then one of the governing bodies (I can't recall which one as they are all mushing together at this point) has said that they had irrefutable evidence and that he did have a positive test.

I wanted to believe him when he kept saying he wasn't doing it but I also did find it difficult to understand how everyone else was doing it and he wasn't yet he was winning everything.

I haven't listened to any of his Oprah sound bites but one of the things I heard was that he admitted to doping prior to his cancer diagnosis. I'm not sure if that means he is still saying he didn't dope after his treatments. If he's still denying that, then he is claiming to have won a few of his tours without doping. Sadly that cannot be believed.

I didn't listen to any of it. They're saying on the radio that he admitted to doping up to 2005. By extreme coincidence, there's an eight-year statute of limitation to being charged for such offences - and that just happens to take you back to 2005. Well blow me down, what fortunate timing.

LIke others who've posted, i'm not particularly a cycling fan, and never really had much interest or appreciation of Lance's 'achievements'. I don't think you need any interest in the man or sport to still be a little fascinated by a pathalogical liar with such cold and calculating contempt for other people.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

I didn't listen to any of it either. In fact, I turned off my radio this morning when they were going to play a clip from the interview.

I'm not a big cycling fan either but I was amazed by his abilities. Especially after the cancer ordeal. Sure would have been nice to see how he was without the drugs.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

My right foot ...given i have a bum left knee getting cramp in the foot just as i try and walk down the stairs this morn made me look like i walked like i shat myself!
woggle

Postby woggle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:I'm extremely indifferent to the Lance Armstrong thing, but that's just me.

I see Novak Djockovich is in some papers [ saw it on sports news so might not be over here ] about possible drug stuff.
woggle

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

woggle wrote:

I see Novak Djockovich is in some papers [ saw it on sports news so might not be over here ] about possible drug stuff.

Find one who's never taken any drugs and then you'll have a scoop. :lol:

That reminds me of an exchange on Cheers:

Cliff: I've found a potato that looks exactly like Nixon!

Carla: Find one that doesn't and bring it to me.

:lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

:twisted: The Lance Armstrong thing has been blown out of all proportion.

Lance Armstrong knows nothing, NOTHING, about taking drugs.............

:D
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

woggle wrote:

Not heard about that, but they were chatting on TalkSport, yesterday, about a cover up in Spain where the authorities have supposedly suppressed a shitload of information relating to drug users across a number of sports. All related to a sports doctor called Eufemiano Fuentes, who's dealt with more sports stars than just cyclists. Apparently Fuentes was even quoted in 2010 as saying the Spanish football team would be stripped of their world cup if he talks about everyone he's been involved with - but nobody's been interested in investigating further. I suspect, given recent events, that this may have to change and we'll find out if he's just talking bollocks.

Lance may well be the start of some very big names tumbling.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: The Lance Armstrong thing has been blown out of all proportion.

Lance Armstrong knows nothing, NOTHING, about taking drugs.............

:D

:lol: You got to love old Keith.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 am

Damn broken computers!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:42 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Damn broken computers!

I hear ya!! mine is hanging on by a thread!

This mobile phone culture , damn try and have a conversation with someone while they are constantly glued to their phone ...it gets RIGHT UP MY NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:47 pm

It doesn't usually bother me but, christ, there's been a lot of rain here in Hong Kong since arriving on monday. The brolly does the job for it coming down, but it's leathering it down so hard and heavy that it soaks you on the rebound from hitting the ground.

Got a wedding to go to tomorrow, so hopefully the weather will give the couple a break.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 am

I am glad that it almost never rains that way here, most of the time it's a light drizzle. I don't remember the last time I experienced that rebounding effect. Anyway, today the sun is shining, it's still a little cool for the season though. People are starting to go out for strolls and as usual there are those imbeciles that can't help but leave a trail of sullied wrapping papers and beer cans or bottles behind them. These idiots don't deserve to live in nice surroundings like we still have here. :x
Fortunately we have people that clean up so that never gets too bad. The pathways are maintained by people employed by the city, so that they never get cluttered with weeds and thistles, thorny branches... etc. as they would otherwise. You can see nature fighting back, if mankind were to disappear, it would only take months before everything ends up covered with these.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 pm

woggle wrote:This mobile phone culture , damn try and have a conversation with someone while they are constantly glued to their phone ...it gets RIGHT UP MY NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: My brother is a pain in the ass for doing that :evil: :lol:
I can stand there talking to him, and i've got to say it about three times before he shows any sign of hearing because he's too busy gawping at his phone.
Next time i'll log onto the computer and post to his Facebook "Hey asshole, i'm talking to you" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moon-Crane wrote:It doesn't usually bother me but, christ, there's been a lot of rain here in Hong Kong since arriving on monday. The brolly does the job for it coming down, but it's leathering it down so hard and heavy that it soaks you on the rebound from hitting the ground.

Got a wedding to go to tomorrow, so hopefully the weather will give the couple a break.

Hope the wedding went well 8-)
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
woggle wrote:This mobile phone culture , damn try and have a conversation with someone while they are constantly glued to their phone ...it gets RIGHT UP MY NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: My brother is a pain in the ass for doing that :evil: :lol:
I can stand there talking to him, and i've got to say it about three times before he shows any sign of hearing because he's too busy gawping at his phone.
Next time i'll log onto the computer and post to his Facebook "Hey asshole, i'm talking to you" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drives me nuts, too.

Forever Jung wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:It doesn't usually bother me but, christ, there's been a lot of rain here in Hong Kong since arriving on monday. The brolly does the job for it coming down, but it's leathering it down so hard and heavy that it soaks you on the rebound from hitting the ground.

Hope the wedding went well 8-)

It did, ta :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 pm

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 am

People are so fucking idiotic sometimes I just want to hit them in the head with something hard. Maybe knock some sense into them!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 pm

The Job Centre Piss me off, they send me on a 6 day course, which I HAVE to attend or my benefits will be stopped. Fine. Except it's a level one course and I complete the 5 hours work in 10 mins each day but still have to sit here like an idiot waiting for everyone else to finish their work. I suppose at least the internet works!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:11 pm

I think anyone with any sense knows that the financial powerhouses have escaped without any responsibility (either financial or criminal) for the global crash. The system is gamed, yet questioning the insane imbalance of power and wealth gets you labelled a communist, anti-capitalist, blah blah.

In recent weeks those so-called '1%ers' have been bemoaning their being painted as the villains of the piece. Some have even gone so far as to compare their 'persecution' to that of Jews under the Nazis. Godwin means nothing to a sociopath.

This article pretty much sums up the contempt of the financial elite for the rest of society. Time to role back the years and dust off those guillotines?
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/i-crashed-a-wall-street-secret-society.html

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm so tired of the 1% blaming the poor for the state of the economy. Meanwhile, the group that puts the most into the economy (us middle classers) are getting screwed left and right by an unfair tax system and cuts that have no effect on the top 1% but take money out of my pocket that could be going into the economy.
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:21 pm

my boyfriends sleep habits, he has n average only two hours a night and when he is asleep his constantly moving and moaning and last night managed to kick my tv over and break it. He has been struggling for years and now im struggling not to kill him cus im so damn tired!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Eddie2012 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Yesterday my laptop battery kicked the bucket, now my telly died...
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Batteries don't last as long as laptops, unfortunately.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion