Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Things that p*** me off

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Things that p*** me off

Postby insaneasperger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Paying for a new DVD. Boxset, it's obviously a copy and I've missed four episodes in the middle. Argh.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby woggle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Paying for a new DVD. Boxset, it's obviously a copy and I've missed four episodes in the middle. Argh.

How crappy is that! i broght a will and grace dvd from a charity shop once only to find when i got thome tha last disc was missing ...not happy at all .
woggle

Postby Eddie2012 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm

My Frasier boxset has some cd's that fail to run..... and that after only playing them 2 or 3 times.....
Eddie2012

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm

The fact that groups of people in all 50 states have filed paperwork to secede from the Union both pisses me off and amuses me at the same time. It pisses me off because these are the same people that accuse the left of being a bunch of "whiners" and go about screaming things like "elections have consequences" when their side wins. It's such a childish reaction to an election loss and it's stupid shit like this that is exactly the reason the Republicans lost in the first place. They have been taken over by the crazies and the racist morons who somehow claim that Obama is both a Muslim and a disciple of the Reverend Jeremiah White. (he can't be both you fucking idiots!)

On the other hand, it amuses me to see these maroons stomping their feet and jumping up and down and having a temper tantrum because they didn't get what they want. Go ahead and secede Texas! And please take Jerry Jones and George W. with you.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Heh, i've been following this craziness amongst the lunatic fringes. The amusing thing to me about this minority is that they're part of a group who take great pleasure in calling 'lefty liberals' un-American. How much more un-American could you get than wanting your state to secede from America? I'm sure the irony is lost.

Also funny that some people calling for their states to be allowed to secede actually live in states that clearly voted for Obama as their President! Nothing like being a self-absorbed, screw-everyone-else, asshat.

What a waste of time all round. I bet these goons all subscribe to, or work for, the WorldNetDaily.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 am

This stupid chick on this show I'm watching that keeps referring to this animal as a "baby lamb". If it's not a baby it's not a lamb! Just call it a fucking lamb! It's driving me nuts. I used to have a co-worker that would always say things like "This happened at 2:00am in the morning." Yes, if it was 2:00am it was MORNING! :x
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:This stupid chick on this show I'm watching that keeps referring to this animal as a "baby lamb". If it's not a baby it's not a lamb! Just call it a fucking lamb! It's driving me nuts. I used to have a co-worker that would always say things like "This happened at 2:00am in the morning." Yes, if it was 2:00am it was MORNING! :x

:lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:38 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:This stupid chick on this show I'm watching that keeps referring to this animal as a "baby lamb". If it's not a baby it's not a lamb! Just call it a fucking lamb! It's driving me nuts. I used to have a co-worker that would always say things like "This happened at 2:00am in the morning." Yes, if it was 2:00am it was MORNING! :x

How about the people who say " an ATM machine"?
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 pm

People who ring , wait till i make the effort to get up to answer say hello and then put the phone down on me ... grrrrrr :evil:
woggle

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:30 pm

woggle wrote:People who ring , wait till i make the effort to get up to answer say hello and then put the phone down on me ... grrrrrr :evil:

Why don't you *69 them? :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Patrick wrote:

That bugs me too! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Patrick wrote:

That bugs me too! :D

I heard a good one today :" He'll kill you dead." :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Back to the ATM thing: When ATMs first started to pop up here in the midwest they were called "TYME" (Time) which was an acronym for Take Your Money Everywhere. That acronym has long gone by the wayside but you'll hear many people (including me) still saying "I need to go to the TYME machine". And saying that anywhere outside of the Milwaukee/Chicago area gets a really odd look from people! :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Back to the ATM thing: When ATMs first started to pop up here in the midwest they were called "TYME" (Time) which was an acronym for Take Your Money Everywhere. That acronym has long gone by the wayside but you'll hear many people (including me) still saying "I need to go to the TYME machine". And saying that anywhere outside of the Milwaukee/Chicago area gets a really odd look from people! :lol:

I am guessing that since H. G. Wells' "The Time Machine" who's been around for more than a hundred years the phrase has taken on a specific meaning which would probably explain both why the initial acronym has been dropped and why you get odd looks when you use it. :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Back to the ATM thing: When ATMs first started to pop up here in the midwest they were called "TYME" (Time) which was an acronym for Take Your Money Everywhere. That acronym has long gone by the wayside but you'll hear many people (including me) still saying "I need to go to the TYME machine". And saying that anywhere outside of the Milwaukee/Chicago area gets a really odd look from people! :lol:

I am guessing that since H. G. Wells' "The Time Machine" who's been around for more than a hundred years the phrase has taken on a specific meaning which would probably explain both why the initial acronym has been dropped and why you get odd looks when you use it. :D

The initial acornym was actually dropped because when those machines first appeared TYME was a trademarked name of the company that owned the machines. (The first ones I recall were at First Wisconsin banks)) As the machines became more popular they became owned by other companies and banks etc and TYME just went away.

Here's just a little blurb on the TYME Machine
CatNamedRudy

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 am

I have heard people refer to them by that name! I just never bothered to ask why.
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 am

barnaclelapse wrote:

I have heard people refer to them by that name! I just never bothered to ask why.

Must be people from the midwest.

Even though the TYME name hasn't been on machines for years, I noticed the big sign outside our Sentry store in Elkhorn (where I work) still advertises "TYME". I don't even think they have an ATM in that store anymore much less at TYME machine. :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Lance Armstrong and Oprah bloody Winfrey are grating on me big time at the moment. Who gives a fuck about the emotions and so-called reasons from the proven cheat now? Does anyone seriously think there's going to be any great investigative journalism or hard hitting inteverview from their face to face? It'll be a prime example of stage-managed spin-doctored bullshit from the off.

Why does 'the truth' need to come out on Oprah's show? Fuck that. He should be explaining it all directly to the people he shafted over the years and stole money from.

What i do want to know is the details of the financial agreements in place with various parties for this interview. The best thing that could have happened is for nobody to tune in to her show, and the proper journalists can do their job and release the important parts relating to the consequences to the actual cycling world.

Little doubt he'll have thrown a few important people under the bus -and that'll be classed as the sensational outcome for Oprah to look shocked about and justify the interview.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm tired of hearing about this stupid interview and can't wait for it to be over but I'm still curious when some reporters talk about "all the lives he destroyed." Whose lives did he destroy? Every other cyclist who was in competition with him was also doping. He never beat anybody who wasn't just as doped up as he was. You'd have to go about 100 places back in the Tour to find somebody who was clean.

His charity still made money and unless he was spending charity money on his own personal gain, there were no lives ruined there either. I just don't see the wonton destruction that people are talking about.

I'm not saying that what he did was right. In fact, I think the cycling governing bodies should all be brought down as well as all the bikers that were doping. The cycling world allowed this to happen. It went on for years and it was no secret that doping was very prevelant in the sport.
CatNamedRudy

Postby DiceMan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I can't find whole seasons of Arli$$ anywhere. I watch all shows new and old online, but HBO hasn't released all the episodes for some reason, so there's no one to upload them to streaming sites.
DiceMan

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I'm tired of hearing about this stupid interview and can't wait for it to be over but I'm still curious when some reporters talk about "all the lives he destroyed." Whose lives did he destroy? Every other cyclist who was in competition with him was also doping. He never beat anybody who wasn't just as doped up as he was. You'd have to go about 100 places back in the Tour to find somebody who was clean.

His charity still made money and unless he was spending charity money on his own personal gain, there were no lives ruined there either. I just don't see the wonton destruction that people are talking about.

I'm not saying that what he did was right. In fact, I think the cycling governing bodies should all be brought down as well as all the bikers that were doping. The cycling world allowed this to happen. It went on for years and it was no secret that doping was very prevelant in the sport.

Saying he destroyed lives is pretty much par for the course with the hype involved with this story.

I can't recall the name of the US cyclist they were talking about on our TalkSport radio station this afternoon, but apparently he was of the same era and big things were predicted for him. He was a member of the team that Lance was involved with and they said he was dumped and shunned because he refused to partake in the doping. While they said he ultimately went on to do ok in whatever he moved into from there, his potentially glittering cycling career was ruined by the whole thing. Not saying that's 'life destroying' or even all down to Lance (as you say it's the whole team, and the sport's governors in general who are implicated) but there's an almost invisible knock on effect for any people of the time who were clean and refused to join in with the doping. It did change lives and careers for people.

One things for sure, he's going to be involved in a lot of legal proceedings this year. There'll be a number of financial ones on the horizon from publishing houses looking to recover payouts awarded to him when they printed drug allegations many years ago.

I certainly want to know about the details of any confession and any outing/implications of other people involved, but it's something for legal people and the cycling community to deal with. Certainly not something for a mass-hyped marketing opportunity of a circus show fronted by a schmalzy presenter with a penchant for profiting from emotionally-driven stories. :D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm

DiceMan wrote:I can't find whole seasons of Arli$$ anywhere. I watch all shows new and old online, but HBO hasn't released all the episodes for some reason, so there's no one to upload them to streaming sites.

All i've seen are 'best ofs' for that show. Same problem getting all of Dream On for me. Only the first two seasons with a dvd release, and i've seen the third listed on places like Hulu. But, nothing for S4-6.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm

That reminds me of that line from Frasier: It's like riding a bicyclist... on steroids in that case. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby DiceMan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Did he ever test positive, or was he just outed as a doper? (by himself or rival cyclists)
DiceMan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm

DiceMan wrote:Did he ever test positive, or was he just outed as a doper? (by himself or rival cyclists)

It all depends on who you listen to. For years it was said he never tested positive but then one of the governing bodies (I can't recall which one as they are all mushing together at this point) has said that they had irrefutable evidence and that he did have a positive test.

I wanted to believe him when he kept saying he wasn't doing it but I also did find it difficult to understand how everyone else was doing it and he wasn't yet he was winning everything.

I haven't listened to any of his Oprah sound bites but one of the things I heard was that he admitted to doping prior to his cancer diagnosis. I'm not sure if that means he is still saying he didn't dope after his treatments. If he's still denying that, then he is claiming to have won a few of his tours without doping. Sadly that cannot be believed.
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion