Just shut yo mouth already!

:lol: TRUE DAT!

:D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Re: Things that p*** me off

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

Hans the German Butler wrote:I'm envious! I had a Volvo V70 R 2.4D as a courtesy car for three weeks after someone ran into the back of me about two and a half years ago. It was a gorgeous car to drive but it was a bit thirsty compared to the Jaguar which had a combined MPG of 50. If I needed to do the miles I was doing in the past, I would definitely consider getting a V70.

We picked up a 2.4 D5 SE Lux. It's certainly seems like a nice car. Certainly got some grunt. My dad's always driven V70s and he's never had a dog. Should be alright to use around our our grid system, and will obviously do the job on the motorway.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:58 pm

bloody work , the new supervisor only want to have us do all our summer holiday scrup in 2 weeks :shock:

Like hell 80 hours of hard scrubbing in that time ... madness . Told em no of course and said pretty much ive been doing it the same way for 13 years why do i ahev to change now .
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:40 am

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 am

:x I'm with you on that one MC!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bullshitters who take advantage of people by hawking fake medicine under the name of god.
Revealed: Gorton church sells olive oil and blackcurrant squash as miracle 'cure' for cancer and HIV
Pastor: We are trying to help ... we aren’t hurting anyone

There should be some law to allow them to be prosecuted. Telling people to pray for help to cope etc. is one thing; I know for some people that's the equivalent of asking for help from an imaginary friend - but that really does no harm and some studies actually show that people who pray often have better recovery rates because of a number of factors that are not at all related to divine intervention; but actually marketing quack remedies and claiming it has God's approval is just criminal. How many people could hold off from seeking real medical treatment because of the hare-brained, money-making rackets of these cocks?!?
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Patrick » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I am not sure that such law could ever be implemented in any kind of free society. I know of people who sue companies because their coffee was too hot or they forgot to mention that you don't put a living cat in a microwave oven but in essence that's just idiots suing honest businesses for doing their job. Just imagine how much more of these lawsuits there would be if the laws were even more restrictive than they are. There is a price to pay for freedom and that price is that if you don't use your brain adequately then sooner or later you'll be hurt.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 pm

He was actually breaking a law by advertising his quackjuice as a cure for cancer. The Cancer Act of 1939 makes it a criminal offence to advertise cancer treatment.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hans the German Butler » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:19 am

Patrick wrote:I am not sure that such law could ever be implemented in any kind of free society. I know of people who sue companies because their coffee was too hot or they forgot to mention that you don't put a living cat in a microwave oven but in essence that's just idiots suing honest businesses for doing their job. Just imagine how much more of these lawsuits there would be if the laws were even more restrictive than they are. There is a price to pay for freedom and that price is that if you don't use your brain adequately then sooner or later you'll be hurt.

Not sure I agree with that. It kind of goes along the line of "some people are too stupid to live" argument. Any number of things, ignorance, lack of education, desperation or religious fervour could make people easy targets for these kind of charlatans. Whilst I can certainly accept the argument that religious fervour should not make anyone switch their brain off to reason and logic, you cannot hold the line that vulnerable people deserve what they get for being vulnerable.
Hans the German Butler

Postby woggle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:51 pm

My old dear keeps getting forigen coins in her change from the local one-stop shop cheeky buggers so far we got

- 3 or 4 1 shilling coins from Kenya [ to be fair they are the same colour and size of a 10p piece ]
- 200 peseta coin
- 1 dime and 1983 US liberty quarter dollar or whatever that is?

Interesting to find this sorta thing but not when they sneak it in the change given naughty naughty!
woggle

Postby Patrick » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

woggle wrote:My old dear keeps getting forigen coins in her change from the local one-stop shop cheeky buggers so far we got

- 3 or 4 1 shilling coins from Kenya [ to be fair they are the same colour and size of a 10p piece ]
- 200 peseta coin

Interesting to find this sorta thing but not when they sneak it in the change given naughty naughty!

Well, Maybe it's time for you to start a coin collection. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby woggle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Patrick wrote:
woggle wrote:My old dear keeps getting forigen coins in her change from the local one-stop shop cheeky buggers so far we got

- 200 peseta coin

Well, Maybe it's time for you to start a coin collection. :lol:

Hahaha your right ! as good a time as any i suppose , not sure if any are rare or anything i doubt it .... ooooooooh now im gonna spend all day looking them up on google..lol
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:11 am

Constantly worrying about money is pissing me off quite a bit.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

My computer and now the brick size font i now have on the FO page i tried to log in last week & the page was all screwy the print was tiney tiny so i changed it , came bk on today and now its the size of a brick . :evil:
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:44 am

Try pressing Ctrl and - at the same time when it's onscreen - works on a Mac, not sure about Windows, though.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:46 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Try pressing Ctrl and - at the same time when it's onscreen - works on a Mac, not sure about Windows, though.

Ahhh yes thats taken it down a tad thank you very muchly!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:21 pm

woggle wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Try pressing Ctrl and - at the same time when it's onscreen - works on a Mac, not sure about Windows, though.

Ahhh yes thats taken it down a tad thank you very muchly!

If it's still not quite right Ctrl and 0 should reset to the default browser font size. Ctrl with + and Ctrl with - will increase/decrease as needed.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:34 am

I have one of the smallest browser font sizes there is. No wonder my eyes are getting worse and worse.
barnaclelapse

Postby Patrick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:04 am

barnaclelapse wrote:I have one of the smallest browser font sizes there is. No wonder my eyes are getting worse and worse.

You know what's weird? When you exert your arm's and leg's muscles, they get better, stronger and quicker to react. When you do so with your eye muscles, they get worse, weak and slow to adjust... If eye muscles were the same way as biceps, people who read a lot would have excellent vision and the lazy dunces that are almost illiterate would be nearly blind...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Kelvin MacKenzie. What a prick. Can't believe he's got the gall to want sympathy from people, and an apology from the police, for his own vile role in reporting Hillsborough.

It's a toss of a coin who's the more scumbaggish between him and Piers Morgan. No surprise they've both been editors for Rupert Murdoch's rags.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Kelvin MacKenzie. What a prick. Can't believe he's got the gall to want sympathy from people, and an apology from the police, for his own vile role in reporting Hillsborough.

It's a toss of a coin who's the more scumbaggish between him and Piers Morgan. No surprise they've both been editors for Rupert Murdoch's rags.

:twisted: *stunned*
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Kelvin MacKenzie. What a prick. Can't believe he's got the gall to want sympathy from people, and an apology from the police, for his own vile role in reporting Hillsborough.

I think the comment from the spokesperson of the Police Federation summed it up best. "No one forced him to write that headline!" The man is a vile cancer on British journalism. HIs comments on his lack of personal safety when travelling to Liverpool, whilst true, have been brought upon himself.
Hans the German Butler

Postby woggle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Shops putting out advent calenders and its not even the end of sept yet !!
woggle

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:47 pm

woggle wrote:Shops putting out advent calenders and its not even the end of sept yet !!

That annoys me cus I end up eating about 3 before December and then not actually having one to open.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:20 pm

insaneasperger wrote:
woggle wrote:Shops putting out advent calenders and its not even the end of sept yet !!

That annoys me cus I end up eating about 3 before December and then not actually having one to open.

You know it would be about four million times cheaper just to buy a bar of chocolate, right? :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion