Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 pm

jrsightes wrote:I asked this in the film thread, but I'll ask it again here:

Anyone know where I can find Nowhere Boy online? I want to see it SOOO badly, but I doubt it will ever come to mainstream theaters around here.


I haven't seen it around. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm

The complete discography of Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts (they did all the music for Cowboy Bebop). I have most of the stuff already (and consider it to be some of the finest music ever recorded) but decided to get the little bits and pieces missing from my collection.

If you haven't heard their stuff I highly recommend you do so.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:34 pm

I love the opening music to Cowboy Bebop. I still need to watch the rest of that show.
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah, decent show that. Good music. There are some great anime soundtracks around.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Paul B wrote:I love the opening music to Cowboy Bebop. I still need to watch the rest of that show.


Yes, yes you do. The opening theme is great, but there's so much other good music as well.

Yoko Kanno's work in general is quite brilliant and has a quality that makes far greater than mere Anime soundtrack music.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 pm

I've downloaded 92% of that huge 100+ Gig ER Torrent you linked me Strat. I hope the show's worth the wait (and the extra external hard drive space I've had to purchase to make room for the bad boy...)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I've downloaded 92% of that huge 100+ Gig ER Torrent you linked me Strat. I hope the show's worth the wait (and the extra external hard drive space I've had to purchase to make room for the bad boy...)


You should have downloaded Battlestar Galactica instead. :)
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Both are great choices!
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:18 pm

The FastestFox add-on for Firefox. It's incredible! Really has sped everything up.
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Paul B wrote:The FastestFox add-on for Firefox. It's incredible! Really has sped everything up.


Sounds good! How does it work?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Paul B wrote:The FastestFox add-on for Firefox. It's incredible! Really has sped everything up.


Sounds good! How does it work?

I'm not really sure actually! It has a lot of features that increase productivity, it auto-loads the next page for you, you can set it to copy any text you highlight, and there's some features for adding stuff to social networking sites and other stuff built in. If you want to have a look for yourself, it's here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9825
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Thank you. I did a Google search for it, and there seem to be some concerns about privacy, as everthing goes through a third party website, or something! However, it's got really good reviews, so I might have to think about downloading it!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Thank you. I did a Google search for it, and there seem to be some concerns about privacy, as everthing goes through a third party website, or something! However, it's got really good reviews, so I might have to think about downloading it!

It's had over 5 million downloads, so it can't be all bad! I doubt Firefox would allow something like it on their website if it was a true invasion of privacy.
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Lil » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:34 am

Hey Paul, who's on your avatar?
User avatar
Lil
 
Posts: 9936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Location: New York

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Patrick Wolf, a singer I like. :) Just thought it was a pretty picture.
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Lil » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 pm

That's cool! I've never heard of him, but I agree that it's pretty.
User avatar
Lil
 
Posts: 9936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Location: New York

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I've downloaded 92% of that huge 100+ Gig ER Torrent you linked me Strat. I hope the show's worth the wait (and the extra external hard drive space I've had to purchase to make room for the bad boy...)


You should have downloaded Battlestar Galactica instead. :)


Next on the list, after a couple of huge HD classic movie transfers.

As of this morning I now have the first 13 seasons (106GB) of ER. It took 6 weeks in total which I didn't think was bad going in the grand scheme of things.Just hope I can get into it - the pilot left me a little cold I'm afraid.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Stratman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I've downloaded 92% of that huge 100+ Gig ER Torrent you linked me Strat. I hope the show's worth the wait (and the extra external hard drive space I've had to purchase to make room for the bad boy...)


You should have downloaded Battlestar Galactica instead. :)


Next on the list, after a couple of huge HD classic movie transfers.

As of this morning I now have the first 13 seasons (106GB) of ER. It took 6 weeks in total which I didn't think was bad going in the grand scheme of things.Just hope I can get into it - the pilot left me a little cold I'm afraid.


You'll soon change your tune. :)
User avatar
Stratman
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Stratman wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:As of this morning I now have the first 13 seasons (106GB) of ER. It took 6 weeks in total which I didn't think was bad going in the grand scheme of things.Just hope I can get into it - the pilot left me a little cold I'm afraid.


You'll soon change your tune. :)


My punt is that I don't think you will. I think you might watch through it all and think it's ok, but i don't expect it'll be up there with your favourite shows.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Paul B » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Thank you. I did a Google search for it, and there seem to be some concerns about privacy, as everthing goes through a third party website, or something! However, it's got really good reviews, so I might have to think about downloading it!

Heh, I've found something that speeds up Firefox even more now!

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/01/ ... ser-speed/

All you have to do is make a few internal tweaks, it's really made the difference. :D
Paul B
 
Posts: 7281
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

The last episode of Big Love. My lady has seriously got me hooked on that thing.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:51 pm

New season episodes of Burn Notice and Penn & Teller's Bullshit, plus the first couple of episodes of some new action show called The Good Guys, and some new mystery drama called Persons Unknown.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby kat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:54 pm

on 20% and 23% of Dexter season 3 and 4 entirely due to horrifically slow broadband at the moment, been going for nearly a week now :evil: as usual I blame my brother and the extra laptop we have now his girlfriend is living with us (temporarily)
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
User avatar
kat
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:56 pm
Location: the dark side of the moon

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Lil » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 am

Moon-Crane wrote:New season episodes of Burn Notice and Penn & Teller's Bullshit, plus the first couple of episodes of some new action show called The Good Guys, and some new mystery drama called Persons Unknown.


Love this show. I'm actually watching it right now.
User avatar
Lil
 
Posts: 9936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Location: New York

Re: The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Lil wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:New season episodes of Burn Notice and Penn & Teller's Bullshit, plus the first couple of episodes of some new action show called The Good Guys, and some new mystery drama called Persons Unknown.


Love this show. I'm actually watching it right now.


Great, now i've heard a couple of people say good about it. :thumbright:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.