Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Downloaded the first episode of Californication. Heard good things.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby Wezzo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Yep, it's fantastic. MC is its biggest champion 'round these parts..
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Paul B wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea, the latest Miyazaki offering. Watched the first five minutes or so and it looks wonderful.

Ooh, it's out? I didn't think they were releasing it over here for a few years yet.


I don't know where it's ripped from, but the one i found has English subtitles. Who knows when it'll get an official release over here? Once Disney can be arsed to hire a few celebs for an English dub, i suppose.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:30 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Pulp's 'His n Hers' album. Damn you, BS. ;)

Awaiting a letter from Tiscali warning me about downloading torrents.


Get Diff'rent Class too, unless you've already got it of course. :wink:


I haven't yet, but I probably will. I have to be honest, I don't like every track on 'His n Hers' - but most of them are bloody brilliant!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.


Hehe, nice to see you're already in the d/l groove Cakey! :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Pulp's 'His n Hers' album. Damn you, BS. ;)

Awaiting a letter from Tiscali warning me about downloading torrents.


Get Diff'rent Class too, unless you've already got it of course. :wink:


I haven't yet, but I probably will. I have to be honest, I don't like every track on 'His n Hers' - but most of them are bloody brilliant!


Oh no. There are very few albums I like every track of, but H&H has a good four or five classic Pulp tracks. Diff'rent Class has even more.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.


Hehe, nice to see you're already in the d/l groove Cakey! :D


:) I didn't realise how easy and simple it would be!
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.


Hehe, nice to see you're already in the d/l groove Cakey! :D


:) I didn't realise how easy and simple it would be!


It's like the biggest train you've ever seen, each carriage full to the brim with gravy. :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Cake for Brains » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.


Hehe, nice to see you're already in the d/l groove Cakey! :D


:) I didn't realise how easy and simple it would be!


It's like the biggest train you've ever seen, each carriage full to the brim with gravy. :D


I love gravy... :D
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:Every episode of Malcolm in the Middle.


Hehe, nice to see you're already in the d/l groove Cakey! :D


:) I didn't realise how easy and simple it would be!


It's like the biggest train you've ever seen, each carriage full to the brim with gravy. :D


I love gravy... :D


:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Just a quick heads-up for Dexter fans. Ep2 of S3 will air on Showtime tonight in the US, meaning a lovely torrent will be available sometime tomorrow morning. At last! I may have to watch the first ep again tonight, it's been so long since I watched it I've almost forgotten the bugger!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Just a quick heads-up for Dexter fans. Ep2 of S3 will air on Showtime tonight in the US, meaning a lovely torrent will be available sometime tomorrow morning. At last! I may have to watch the first ep again tonight, it's been so long since I watched it I've almost forgotten the bugger!


:D Excellent. That's top of my "to do" list tomorrow.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
User avatar
Cake for Brains
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:00 am
Location: UK

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Just a quick heads-up for Dexter fans. Ep2 of S3 will air on Showtime tonight in the US, meaning a lovely torrent will be available sometime tomorrow morning. At last! I may have to watch the first ep again tonight, it's been so long since I watched it I've almost forgotten the bugger!


:D Excellent. That's top of my "to do" list tomorrow.


No torrent yet. Herumph. Have I got the broadcast date wrong? If it was on last night I can't believe a torrent isn't available yet. Oh well, as long as I get it by this Thursday when I'm back on nights I'm happy.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Wezzo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah, Dexter airs on Sundays in the US, BS.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Wezzo wrote:Yeah, Dexter airs on Sundays in the US, BS.


Nice one, cheers Wes. Epguides.com reckons the new ep aired on 4/10 but I knew that couldn't be right.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 am

Just getting Dexter now. A fairly hefty pile of Sunday night entertainment to get through.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Just getting Dexter now. A fairly hefty pile of Sunday night entertainment to get through.


Yep, I got it earlier today. I won't get chance to watch it 'til Thursday night though, which is annoying.

New BL episode tonight as well. Christ, we're a quarter of the way through the final season already! :shock:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Just getting Dexter now. A fairly hefty pile of Sunday night entertainment to get through.


Yep, I got it earlier today. I won't get chance to watch it 'til Thursday night though, which is annoying.

New BL episode tonight as well. Christ, we're a quarter of the way through the final season already! :shock:


I have to catch up on The Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives from yesterday and then tonight is How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Heroes and Boston Legal!

THANK GOD FOR DVR!!!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:29 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Just getting Dexter now. A fairly hefty pile of Sunday night entertainment to get through.


Yep, I got it earlier today. I won't get chance to watch it 'til Thursday night though, which is annoying.

New BL episode tonight as well. Christ, we're a quarter of the way through the final season already! :shock:


I have to catch up on The Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives from yesterday and then tonight is How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Heroes and Boston Legal!

THANK GOD FOR DVR!!!


Bugger me, I'm glad I'm only into one of the show's you mentioned there, I'd never get chance to see all that lot! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:25 am

:lol: I just started to DL all of The West Wing.

Initially it said it would take 2 years to dl! It's down to about 6 months now! I'm guessing several weeks at the rate it's working. Not a lot of seeds.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 am

My Desktop PC problems continue! I've ripped the graphics card out and am using the onboard graphics, it's now getting through to Windows for the first time in a few weeks so that was obviously the main culprit. I'm also pretty sure that the cheapy, crappy power unit that it was supplied with isn't up to the job, so I'm off to visit ebay for another in a mo. Has anyone got any experience of fitting a new power pack? Is it fairly easy to do? I'm confident about putting a new graphics card in, but I'm not sure about the power supply.

Anyway - the reason I'm writing this on the 'downloads' thread is because I now know that the viruses originated with the DivX Player that I downloaded a while ago. I must have got it from a dodgy source, although I don't remember noticing anything amiss with the site. :? So - does anyone have a reliable source for downloading it please? I'm still dying to watch The Sopranos, and it's like every attempt I make to see it is thwarted in some way. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:45 am

Dorset Girl wrote:My Desktop PC problems continue! I've ripped the graphics card out and am using the onboard graphics, it's now getting through to Windows for the first time in a few weeks so that was obviously the main culprit. I'm also pretty sure that the cheapy, crappy power unit that it was supplied with isn't up to the job, so I'm off to visit ebay for another in a mo. Has anyone got any experience of fitting a new power pack? Is it fairly easy to do? I'm confident about putting a new graphics card in, but I'm not sure about the power supply.

Anyway - the reason I'm writing this on the 'downloads' thread is because I now know that the viruses originated with the DivX Player that I downloaded a while ago. I must have got it from a dodgy source, although I don't remember noticing anything amiss with the site. :? So - does anyone have a reliable source for downloading it please? I'm still dying to watch The Sopranos, and it's like every attempt I make to see it is thwarted in some way. :lol:


Did you not just get it from Divx.com? http://www.divx.com/divx/ - Shouldn't have had any bother from there?

The (better in my opinion) alternative is VLC Media Player at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Afraid i can't help about the power supply. i've never had to replace one - and it's years since i last had a desktop in the house to go look at it. Sorry.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Did you not just get it from Divx.com? http://www.divx.com/divx/ - Shouldn't have had any bother from there?

The (better in my opinion) alternative is VLC Media Player at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Afraid i can't help about the power supply. i've never had to replace one - and it's years since i last had a desktop in the house to go look at it. Sorry.


Well, yeah, that's why I'm confused. :scratch: I can't really remember the specific site, but I'm pretty sure I would have got it from divx.com. For starters, I always try to find the official site for downloads like that, and secondly, it's the first hit on Google so I couldn't really have missed it. :lol: Thanks for the link to the VLC Media Player - does that play all the same file formats as the DivX player?

With the power supply, I think I'm just going to buy one (even branded, high-powered ones are cheap, it seems) and have a go. I'm using our new laptop at the moment, which is great, but I prefer to use the Desktop for Photoshop. I've tried hooking the large monitor up to the Laptop but I can't really get used to that arrangement so I'd ike to get the Desktop working again if I can.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:56 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Did you not just get it from Divx.com? http://www.divx.com/divx/ - Shouldn't have had any bother from there?

The (better in my opinion) alternative is VLC Media Player at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Afraid i can't help about the power supply. i've never had to replace one - and it's years since i last had a desktop in the house to go look at it. Sorry.


Well, yeah, that's why I'm confused. :scratch: I can't really remember the specific site, but I'm pretty sure I would have got it from divx.com. For starters, I always try to find the official site for downloads like that, and secondly, it's the first hit on Google so I couldn't really have missed it. :lol: Thanks for the link to the VLC Media Player - does that play all the same file formats as the DivX player?


Yep, VLC plays pretty much everything i chuck at it. I find it more versatile and lightweight than the standard DivX player. Lots of settings you can fanny about with if you feel like it, too :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2020. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.