Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:02 am

Ep 10 of Back To You, and the pilot episode for the new Knight Rider series (which i don't hold out much hope for - but i'll give it a try).
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHP » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:35 pm

Stratman wrote:
DHP wrote:
Paddy wrote:
DHP wrote:Software update 2.30 for PS3. The online store is much prettier now. :D

Yet is takes much longer to load. Have you got Gran Turismo 5 prologue, DHP?

I don't pay £25 for demos. :P Joking apart, is it any good?

Paul B wrote:
DHP wrote:Software update 2.30 for PS3. The online store is much prettier now. :D

If only I could get online... :( Oh well, we should be getting wireless when we move house, which will hopefully be soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the store.

Yeah, some of the other features that have come out, such as being able to take a film out at a random place, put it back in and the PS3 starts from where you left off, are great. Also being able to customise the PS3 a lot more comes with some of the other upgrades.

Those are new features? Oh, you poor souls. :wink:

Yeah, but it plays Blu-rays instead of coasters. :D
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Paul B » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:59 pm

DHP wrote:
Stratman wrote:
DHP wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Paul B wrote:

If only I could get online... :( Oh well, we should be getting wireless when we move house, which will hopefully be soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the store.

Yeah, some of the other features that have come out, such as being able to take a film out at a random place, put it back in and the PS3 starts from where you left off, are great. Also being able to customise the PS3 a lot more comes with some of the other upgrades.

And there's not much chance of the console dying in the middle of a film, either. :P
Paul B

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Stratman wrote:I'd rather buy it, it would probably get here sooner too. :D

That's true, the thought of a >7 gig torrent makes my eyes water..

Hehe, the Sopranos torrent was *slightly* larger than I anticipated - a whopping 38.7 Gig!!! :shock:

I started it yesterday morning and so far it's done 6% :lol: Ah well, at least I'll have every single Sopranos episode to look forward to by Christmas! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Ep 10 of Back To You, and the pilot episode for the new Knight Rider series (which i don't hold out much hope for - but i'll give it a try).

Interesting - let us know what you think.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

Hehe, the Sopranos torrent was *slightly* larger than I anticipated - a whopping 38.7 Gig!!! :shock:

I started it yesterday morning and so far it's done 6% :lol: Ah well, at least I'll have every single Sopranos episode to look forward to by Christmas! :lol:

I still don't understand what that means, but I recognise the word 'Sopranos' so it must be something good!! :)
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Wezzo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

Bloody hell, that's bigger than the entire HD of my last PC!
Wezzo

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Agides wrote:I still don't understand what that means, but I recognise the word 'Sopranos' so it must be something good!! :)

Big file - long time - worth wait. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:I still don't understand what that means, but I recognise the word 'Sopranos' so it must be something good!! :)

DEFINITELY worth wait!!! :D
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:31 pm

Agides wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

:lol: It's that 'four words' thread, isn't it? I can't seem to use whole sentences any more. I keep talking to hubby in groups of four words, he's very confused. He thinks I have OCD or something. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:

:lol: It's that 'four words' thread, isn't it? I can't seem to use whole sentences any more. I keep talking to hubby in groups of four words, he's very confused. He thinks I have OCD or something. :lol:

I've four on brain!
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Agides wrote:I've four on brain!

Me too, it's worrying. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:I've four on brain!

Me too, it's worrying. :lol:

Stop it you two!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Sorry Cat Named Rudy!
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:36 pm

*Sigh* I'm very sorry!

;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:

Bloody hell, that's bigger than the entire HD of my last PC!

Ha, yeah the laptop I threw away last year only had a 30Gig HD too! I had 150 Gig free on this PC before the download - it will eat up a sizeable chunk of that! It's fair to say it will be one show I'll have to delete after watching...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Whoops, just realised I fucked up the 'four words only' rule! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Whoops, just realised I fucked up the 'four words only' rule! :lol:

Don't worry, different thread. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Stratman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Paul B wrote:
DHP wrote:
Stratman wrote:
DHP wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Paul B wrote:

And there's not much chance of the console dying in the middle of a film, either. :P

Meh, the infinitely better multiplayer, controller and superior ports are worth having to send off the console for free repairs.
Stratman

Postby Stratman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:48 pm

DHP wrote:
Stratman wrote:
DHP wrote:
Paddy wrote:

Paul B wrote:

Thankfully those coasters still work like a dream. :wink:
Stratman

Postby DHP » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Stratman wrote:Meh, the infinitely better multiplayer, controller and superior ports are worth having to send off the console for free repairs.

Not sure how much the repairs cost for the PS3... Not something I've ever needed to do. I'd use the cost of repairing my PS2 as an estimate, but unfortunately that's still running perfectly after 6 years.

Stratman wrote:Thankfully those coasters still work like a dream.

Yeah, but so do Blu-rays. The difference is that I'll be able to buy more dreams a year or two down the road. :D

The 360 definitely has its advantages over the PS3, as does the Wii. In reality, all consoles have different edges and failings compared to each other. But for reliability and performance as an overall home entertainment device, the PS3 definitely wins.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 am

Sopranos download latest - I have managed to pull down 17% of the massive 37 Gig Torrent so far - trouble is it's been running almost a week now! :shock:

No bugger's seeding, that's the problem, and the reason I'm only getting a measly 30-50KB/s. :x In hindsight I should have got this a season at a time to make sure it's actually worth the effort...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:48 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Sopranos download latest - I have managed to pull down 17% of the massive 37 Gig Torrent so far - trouble is it's been running almost a week now! :shock:

No bugger's seeding, that's the problem, and the reason I'm only getting a measly 30-50KB/s. :x In hindsight I should have got this a season at a time to make sure it's actually worth the effort...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think I could wait that long for something to download. I'd get way too frustrated.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:01 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Sopranos download latest - I have managed to pull down 17% of the massive 37 Gig Torrent so far - trouble is it's been running almost a week now! :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think I could wait that long for something to download. I'd get way too frustrated.

It just runs in the background, to be honest I hardly notice it. Every so often I'll just think "Oh, how's that torrent doing?" and every time I look it hasn't moved! :lol:

But look at the positive - at the end of *cough* May *cough* I'll have every episode of The Sopranos to watch!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Paul B » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:11 am

Let's hope you like the show, eh? :lol:
Paul B

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion