Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Stratman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:18 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Sopranos download latest - I have managed to pull down 17% of the massive 37 Gig Torrent so far - trouble is it's been running almost a week now! :shock:

No bugger's seeding, that's the problem, and the reason I'm only getting a measly 30-50KB/s. :x In hindsight I should have got this a season at a time to make sure it's actually worth the effort...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think I could wait that long for something to download. I'd get way too frustrated.

It just runs in the background, to be honest I hardly notice it. Every so often I'll just think "Oh, how's that torrent doing?" and every time I look it hasn't moved! :lol:

But look at the positive - at the end of *cough* May *cough* I'll have every episode of The Sopranos to watch!

It's worth it, though for my money, if you have the option of dowloading seasons serepately, I'd go for that. Too late now, of course.
Stratman

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Sopranos download latest - I have managed to pull down 17% of the massive 37 Gig Torrent so far - trouble is it's been running almost a week now! :shock:

No bugger's seeding, that's the problem, and the reason I'm only getting a measly 30-50KB/s. :x In hindsight I should have got this a season at a time to make sure it's actually worth the effort...

Worth the effort?? WORTH THE EFFORT??!!! Need you ask?? :wink:
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Paul B wrote:Let's hope you like the show, eh? :lol:

Hehe, I'll say! If the first two or three eps begin to bore me I'll feel like Tom does in those Tom and Jerry cartoons when he has the think bubble 'jackass' above his head...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Hehe, I'll say! If the first two or three eps begin to bore me I'll feel like Tom does in those Tom and Jerry cartoons when he has the think bubble 'jackass' above his head...

I'll be so disappointed if you say that. Imo, it's worth the effort for one ep at least in Season 3 and another in Season 4 - they're ruddy spiffing!!
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Agides wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

I'll be so disappointed if you say that. Imo, it's worth the effort for one ep at least in Season 3 and another in Season 4 - they're ruddy spiffing!!

I'm not expecting it to bore me - I wouldn't have launched such a huge download if I thought there was the slightest element of risk in this, it sounds right up my street.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'm not expecting it to bore me - I wouldn't have launched such a huge download if I thought there was the slightest element of risk in this, it sounds right up my street.

For me, it's as sublime as 'The Wire'.
I'm more grateful to M-C and Strat than they could ever possibly know for recommending 'The Wire' to me - if I didn't have that, I would've been tearing my hair out when The Sopranos ended!!
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Aha, just worked out where your avatar's from BS!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Aha, just worked out where your avatar's from BS!

Not 'Blue Peter'?? :?
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Aha, just worked out where your avatar's from BS!

A-ha! Or should that be Arrrr-harrrrrrr.......
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Agides wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I'm not expecting it to bore me - I wouldn't have launched such a huge download if I thought there was the slightest element of risk in this, it sounds right up my street.

I'm more grateful to M-C and Strat than they could ever possibly know for recommending 'The Wire' to me - if I didn't have that, I would've been tearing my hair out when The Sopranos ended!!

I know, Strat raving about the show got me interested (he did slag off S2 when he first saw it though! :shock: ) and M-C was kind enough to actually forward me the discs before I could download myself, so I'm extremely indebted to both of them too!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Agides wrote:

I know, Strat raving about the show got me interested (he did slag off S2 when he first saw it though! :shock: ) and M-C was kind enough to actually forward me the discs before I could download myself, so I'm extremely indebted to both of them too!

Can they both pick a show or what??
Agides

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Agides wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Agides wrote:

Can they both pick a show or what??

I know, that's why I'm always prodding them for new recommendations! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Agides wrote:Can they both pick a show or what??

I know, that's why I'm always prodding them for new recommendations! :D

I might give BL a whirl after 'The Wire' runs out. I think I watch only 2 other 'in production' shows that if I don't, I'll have nothing to look forward to!
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm spoilt for choice with all these Torrents! Someone tell me what to download... something new to watch, that's what I need! Bearing in mind I hardly ever watch TV, there's not much chance that you'll be suggesting things I've already seen. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I'm spoilt for choice with all these Torrents! Someone tell me what to download... something new to watch, that's what I need! Bearing in mind I hardly ever watch TV, there's not much chance that you'll be suggesting things I've already seen. :)

Huh?

What kind of things do you like watching? Drama? Comedy? Factual?
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Agides wrote:What kind of things do you like watching? Drama? Comedy? Factual?

Um... well, I love 'Lost' because of it's general weirdness, so 'weird' is good. I also like comedy. I hate... repeat hate... ITV dramas with sickly-sweet names!
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:51 pm

If you haven't seen it i recommend the TV show Weeds newly found for me very sarcastic humor great fun ..
woggle

Postby Wezzo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:What kind of things do you like watching? Drama? Comedy? Factual?

Um... well, I love 'Lost' because of it's general weirdness, so 'weird' is good. I also like comedy. I hate... repeat hate... ITV dramas with sickly-sweet names!

Work through my top 100 list in order ;)
Wezzo

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:57 pm

woggle wrote:If you haven't seen it i recommend the TV show Weeds newly found for me very sarcastic humor great fun ..

'Weeds' is great. The only problem is the theme song - I'm singing it for days afterwards!
Agides

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:59 pm

:lol: me two i got season 1 and 2 at the same time and pretty much watched it contantly till i finished and i drove everyone mad humming the tune . season 3 out in may yeh .
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 pm

Cool! Well, that's two recommendations, so I'll go for that. Other suggestions welcome. Darn you BS, for getting me hooked on this downloading business! ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:07 pm

woggle wrote::lol: me two i got season 1 and 2 at the same time and pretty much watched it contantly till i finished and i drove everyone mad humming the tune . season 3 out in may yeh .

For some obscure reason, SkyOne aired Season 2 & 3 fairly close together, without an enormous amount of advertising. When they premiered S3, I thought that they were repeating S2 and I missed it!
Agides

Postby Agides » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:08 pm

woggle wrote::lol: me two i got season 1 and 2 at the same time and pretty much watched it contantly till i finished and i drove everyone mad humming the tune . season 3 out in may yeh .

S2 is better for that - it's performed by different artists.
Agides

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Agides wrote:

For some obscure reason, SkyOne aired Season 2 & 3 fairly close together, without an enormous amount of advertising. When they premiered S3, I thought that they were repeating S2 and I missed it!

oh no thats a shame you missed it , it's been fairly big hit so im surprised they didn't push it as hard as they could mind you they are quite short episodes so id prefer to cram in a few at a time when watching the dvd .
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Sopranos download latest - I'm now up to 38% and getting speeds up to 50 kb/s! Woohoo! :lol:

It's taken almost 2 weeks to get this far though, so just another month to go! :shock:
Mr Blue Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion