Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Not sure if this will work as a thread or not, but obviously it's along the same lines as all the other 'last thing we...' threads around here.

Last downloaded The Office season 3, just to add to my ever increasing stack of stuff to watch. I remember S2 ending on a real cliffhanger, so I'm eager to watch this.

I'm waiting for someone to upload a Sopranos torrent for the entire series in full, which will probably be about 20 gig and take a week to download!! :D I've never seen a single episode believe it or not, but I have a strong feeling it may be up to The Wire standards, judging by reviews...

Also downloaded The War Chiefs expansion pack for AOE3 - I've been wanting that for ages.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 pm

The last thing I actually downloaded was music from Rhapsody. (Baba O'Reilly and You Can't Always Get What You Want).

I don't download a lot of stuff. Mostly just music and updates to programs.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 pm

I last downloaded Pushing Daisies S1-Ep2, which ITV have decided to miss out; a pile of Back To You episodes; and The Twilight Zone episode, Nick Of Time, which is one of the two Willliam Shatner episodes.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The last thing I actually downloaded was music from Rhapsody. (Baba O'Reilly and You Can't Always Get What You Want).

God, I've gone mad with music downloads over the last month and filled up my paltry 120GB laptop hard drive. I got the entire Beatles discography last week, and it included all their solo stuff too. So obviously whenever I need a bit of free space I'll just go to the 'Ringo Starr' folder and press delete! :lol:
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I last downloaded Pushing Daisies S1-Ep2, which ITV have decided to miss out; a pile of Back To You episodes; and The Twilight Zone episode, Nick Of Time, which is one of the two Willliam Shatner episodes.

Incredible decision that. Apparently they only had 8 'slots' to fill so couldn't squeeze in all 9 eps! :roll: Talk about amateurs. You'd think they could squeeze it in somewhere into their schedules, as cram packed with top quality unmissable TV as they are...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:The last thing I actually downloaded was music from Rhapsody. (Baba O'Reilly and You Can't Always Get What You Want).

God, I've gone mad with music downloads over the last month and filled up my paltry 120GB laptop hard drive. I got the entire Beatles discography last week, and it included all their solo stuff too. So obviously whenever I need a bit of free space I'll just go to the 'Ringo Starr' folder and press delete! :lol:

:lol:

Also, anything that involves Yoko Ono or Linda McCartney is pretty much wasted space!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

:lol:

Also, anything that involves Yoko Ono or Linda McCartney is pretty much wasted space!

Hehe, that will be pretty much anything by Wings then! :lol: I'll probably just keep Live & Let Die, delete the rest.

I'm sure I'll also find out how much of Lennon's solo stuff Yoko ruined... :roll:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Yeah. I'm not a big Wings fan. (well, I like the TV show but the band...not so much!). I much prefer Beatles Paul and totally solo Paul. Although Wings did do a few good things. Live and Let Die being one of them.

I don't think Yoko ruined too much of John's stuff. But the stuff she did do with him was truly painful!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wezzo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Last downloaded a couple of vocal-only cuts of tracks The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, from iTunes.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:28 pm

Wezzo wrote:Last downloaded a couple of vocal-only cuts of tracks The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, from iTunes.

Ooh thanks, one to add to the list! I've already got the 'best of', but Pet Sounds is supposed to be 2nd only to Sgt Pepper for 'album of the 60s'...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Wezzo wrote:Last downloaded a couple of vocal-only cuts of tracks The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, from iTunes.

Ooh thanks, one to add to the list! I've already got the 'best of', but Pet Sounds is supposed to be 2nd only to Sgt Pepper for 'album of the 60s'...

It's one of my favourite albums, let me know what you think of it when you hear it!
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Could "downloaded" include waiting for videos to load on youtube?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Could "downloaded" include waiting for videos to load on youtube?

Nah, that's 'streaming'.

You could start a 'last thing you streamed off YouTube' thread! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

It's one of my favourite albums, let me know what you think of it when you hear it!

Will do! I was actually quite let down by Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, save for a couple of tracks when I first heard that. I wondered if too many albums copying its style had been released since for me to fully appreciate the original. That may be the case for Pet Sounds too, I'll have to see.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Karin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:17 pm

I mostly download music, too. Last thing I downloaded from iTunes was the Muse - HAARP album last week.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby woggle » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:20 pm

I get my ipod touch at the weekend is putting music and videos on it count as downloading ?

..... im a total dunce at this sort of stuff and someone is gonna have to tell me how to use the thing first .
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:39 pm

woggle wrote:I get my ipod touch at the weekend is putting music and videos on it count as downloading ?

..... im a total dunce at this sort of stuff and someone is gonna have to tell me how to use the thing first .

Yep, that definitely qualifies!

What sort of music will you be putting on there?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I've never been an iPod fan, I've always preferred the Creative Zen. However, they had the tiniest purple iPod Shuffle in a shop in Weymouth yesterday, for £32 - 1GB. I was very tempted!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:14 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
woggle wrote:I get my ipod touch at the weekend is putting music and videos on it count as downloading ?

well i like quite a mix of stuff so anything goes really first port of call will be a few recent dance songs , some red hot chilli peppers and timberland then the song by muse - hysteria which i only heard a little time ago thanks to DG and Agides ..
woggle

Postby Paddy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 pm

I've recently downloaded 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by the greatest band ever, Queen.
"There are a number of things in this muffin I don't care for. Away wrinkly thing!"
Paddy

Postby DHP » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Don't really do much in the way of downloading music or films, so the last thing I downloaded was less than exciting: a software update for my printer.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:03 am

woggle wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

well i like quite a mix of stuff so anything goes really first port of call will be a few recent dance songs , some red hot chilli peppers and timberland then the song by muse - hysteria which i only heard a little time ago thanks to DG and Agides ..

They are one of the few bands where the fact that they're all complete cocks actually puts me off their music. I was listening to 'By The Way' on my MP3 player the other day, a song I usually love, but all I could think was "Anthony Kiedis is an English-hating wanker!!"

Excellent Muse download - you should get tonnes more of their stuff!
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:26 pm

I love listining to music [ i know more about movies n stuff ] but i admit i know absolutly nothing about any bands i just about know the lead singers most of the time , so ive not a clue as to what Anthony Kiedis opinions are on anything . And yeah i will check out more muse , i have the ipod today now if only i can figure out how to turn the bleedin thing on :D
woggle

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Just downloaded Dreaming Of You by Coral. I've wanted this little gem for ages, pity the full album doesn't seem to be available though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Never heard it before so i popped over to youtube to have a listen , a cool song so catchy sounds like something that would of been around years and years ago i will definatly add it if i can .
woggle

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion