Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Thing You Downloaded

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Tom M » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Someone's just sent me a link to a program that allows you to save BBC iPlayer files - has anyone used this?

Save as in "use BBC's downloadable iPlayer programme to save files to desktop and watch for 30 days", or save as in "download and keep forever". If the latter is true, let me know ;) :lol:
"Tom M" a.k.a. "Count Chocula!"
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/TheJamFan2

All cried out; hungry now; ate entire box of Frosted Flakes; they're greeeat!
Niles Crane. :)
Tom M

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Tom M wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Someone's just sent me a link to a program that allows you to save BBC iPlayer files - has anyone used this?

Save as in "use BBC's downloadable iPlayer programme to save files to desktop and watch for 30 days", or save as in "download and keep forever". If the latter is true, let me know ;) :lol:

Download and keep forever! If it works, I'll forward you the link. :D

Ben - I think you can transfer them around, but usually after a certain amount of time, you can't view them any more.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:26 am

Californication S1 and S2.

I know M-C's a big fan, which is good enough recommendation for me.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Tom M » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:51 am

Have I Got News For You, S28

Really enjoying catching up on old episodes!

Tom M

Postby Tom M » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Have I Got News For You: 1992 election special.

Should be good fun, I'm gonna claim this is part of my politics revision 8-)

Tom M

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Dexter S2.

I'll get going on watching it tonight I think.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:49 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Dexter S2.

Enjoy. It's brilliant.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Dexter S2.

Enjoy. It's brilliant.

I loved the first season. Just had never gotten to watching 2 and 3.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:41 pm

:lol: Just uninstalled Google Chrome - my hard drive's nearly full and I'm trying to make some room. A message popped up saying:

Are you sure you want to uninstalle Google Chrome? Was it something we said?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

I downloaded a piece of software called Photomatix today, and have been using it in 'trial' mode. To convert it to the full program, you have to buy a licence key which is about £70. However, if you have an email address with .ac in it, as I do, you can get 60% off. :shock: So I got it for twenty something quid instead. :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Dorset Girl wrote::lol: Just uninstalled Google Chrome - my hard drive's nearly full and I'm trying to make some room. A message popped up saying:

Haha, when Chrome crashed yesterday, it said 'Whoa! Chrome found an error!'. Made me laugh!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Dorset Girl wrote::lol: Just uninstalled Google Chrome - my hard drive's nearly full and I'm trying to make some room. A message popped up saying:

:lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:52 pm

just downloading three songs for the past 3 hours............... grrrr
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Stratman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

insaneasperger wrote:just downloading three songs for the past 3 hours............... grrrr

Just so you know, I just pulled down a 1.4 gig game demo in about 40 minutes. Upgrade your connection for the love of God, passable broadband speeds are cheap. Even my 1-20mb/1mb connection is more than affordable.
Stratman

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Stratman wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:just downloading three songs for the past 3 hours............... grrrr

Just so you know, I just pulled down a 1.4 gig game demo in about 40 minutes. Upgrade your connection for the love of God, passable broadband speeds are cheap. Even my 1-20mb/1mb connection is more than affordable.

I think it's because IA has just moved house and is temporarily using mobile Broadband - or possibly downloading it on her phone.
Dorset Girl

Postby Rodge » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:27 am

What is Google Chrome, is that one step down from Google Nickel?? :wink:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:25 am

My Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip torrent finally came down within the last week. Unfortunately I still have a sour taste in my mouth from Sports Night so I'm not chomping at the bit to see this straight away. I need to cleanse my palette a bit first...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:35 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:My Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip torrent finally came down within the last week. Unfortunately I still have a sour taste in my mouth from Sports Night so I'm not chomping at the bit to see this straight away. I need to cleanse my palette a bit first...

sigh!

I will tell you not to expect The West Wing. I think that may have been part of your problem with Sports Night. Studio 60 is good but it's nowhere near West Wing level.

I personally think Sports Night was one of the very best things on television during it's time. It was my introduction to Joshua Malina, Peter Krause and Felicity Huffman. Loved all them in it. Also, Lisa Edelstein played a bit part in a couple of episodes.

I think with the exception of Frasier you and I could never get together and watch anything but drama. We tend to be quite different in our likes of comedy.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:45 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:My Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip torrent finally came down within the last week. Unfortunately I still have a sour taste in my mouth from Sports Night so I'm not chomping at the bit to see this straight away. I need to cleanse my palette a bit first...

sigh!

I will tell you not to expect The West Wing. I think that may have been part of your problem with Sports Night. Studio 60 is good but it's nowhere near West Wing level.

I personally think Sports Night was one of the very best things on television during it's time. It was my introduction to Joshua Malina, Peter Krause and Felicity Huffman. Loved all them in it. Also, Lisa Edelstein played a bit part in a couple of episodes.

I think with the exception of Frasier you and I could never get together and watch anything but drama. We tend to be quite different in our likes of comedy.

Yep, The Office is another example of our different tastes isn't it.

I know I've been spoiled by The West Wing - Cakey keeps reminding me how much I disliked just about everything else I saw after completing The Sopranos last year - everything else just seemed to pale by comparison.

Hopefully I'll enjoy Studio 60... more than Sports Night, but I do plan to give that another chance when I can muster the enthusiasm. Sorkin is too talented a writer to produce sub-par TV programmes.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:48 am

I plan on watching some of the Dexter episodes I have on my laptop during my 4 hour flight to Vegas next week. I've only seen one S2 episode so far.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:54 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I plan on watching some of the Dexter episodes I have on my laptop during my 4 hour flight to Vegas next week. I've only seen one S2 episode so far.

God, after seeing that first ep of season 2 I think I went through the rest in 24 hours! How can you resist wanting to know what happens next?

That's why S2 is my favourite season of Dexter - it pulls you in from the first episode and doesn't let go until the finale. There are times you really think the game is up for Dex...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:08 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I plan on watching some of the Dexter episodes I have on my laptop during my 4 hour flight to Vegas next week. I've only seen one S2 episode so far.

God, after seeing that first ep of season 2 I think I went through the rest in 24 hours! How can you resist wanting to know what happens next?

That's why S2 is my favourite season of Dexter - it pulls you in from the first episode and doesn't let go until the finale. There are times you really think the game is up for Dex...

I got sidetracked my NCIS. Mark Harmon is easier on my eyes than Michael Hall! Not that Hall is hard on the eyes, Mark is just better!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

I got sidetracked my NCIS. Mark Harmon is easier on my eyes than Michael Hall! Not that Hall is hard on the eyes, Mark is just better!

There's planty of animalistic sex in S2 of Dexter if that helps sway things, Cat! :D
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:18 am

:)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cake for Brains » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Downloaed the first episode of Dollhouse, despite reading some iffy reviews.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion