Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Yap Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:35 pm

It goes on forever!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:21 pm

I see that UKG2 is still called 'Dave'. I thought it was just a marketing ploy when the format was changed to include daytime programmes, but I guess not. :?
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby Nervosa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Agides wrote:I see that UKG2 is still called 'Dave'. I thought it was just a marketing ploy when the format was changed to include daytime programmes, but I guess not. :?

I like it. I don't agree with the reason for it (I think MC wrote about it's because it's bloke's TV and everyone knows a bloke called Dave)...but I think it's a catchy name for a channel.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Agides » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:28 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Agides wrote:I see that UKG2 is still called 'Dave'. I thought it was just a marketing ploy when the format was changed to include daytime programmes, but I guess not. :?

I like it. I don't agree with the reason for it (I think MC wrote about it's because it's bloke's TV and everyone knows a bloke called Dave)...but I think it's a catchy name for a channel.

Tbh, I find it rather amusing! Imagine telling someone that you watched 'Dave' last night - watched 'Dave' do what???!!! :shock: :lol:
Agides

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Well, as far as I'm concerned "Dave" is a better name for the guys cable channel than "Spike" which is what ours is!

I can't even hear the name Dave though without lapsing into Cheech and Chong's "Dave's not here!" routine!

Also, it's true that everybody knows a guy named Dave. Some of our friends on one of the Trivia teams in our contest are named Dave. There are a few guys named Dave on that team and once upon a time I just decided they were all named Dave! I said they should rename their team 8 Guys Named Dave!

And "Dave" is one of my favorite movies too!

I feel like Niles in The Babysitter when he was just rambling or Roz when she got back on caffeine! RAMBLE ON!!!!!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:34 pm

I've just been reading in the 'serious' section of this forum ie the administration bit, that Stuart will be switching FO off for a couple of days from 26 October so the site can be moved across to a new host.

Whilst I am extremely grateful to Stuart for arranging this, particularly as (and without wishing to sound selfish) I have been experiencing some severe connection problems, I'm not terribly sure I can last for 48 hours without reading from everyone!! In fact, I might be forced to have to communicate with *other* people who don't talk or, dare I say, even know about Frasier! :shock:

*starts hyperventilating in a Niles-type way*
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Agides wrote:I've just been reading in the 'serious' section of this forum ie the administration bit, that Stuart will be switching FO off for a couple of days from 26 October so the site can be moved across to a new host.

Whilst I am extremely grateful to Stuart for arranging this, particularly as (and without wishing to sound selfish) I have been experiencing some severe connection problems, I'm not terribly sure I can last for 48 hours without reading from everyone!! In fact, I might be forced to have to communicate with *other* people who don't talk or, dare I say, even know about Frasier! :shock:

Did you read the whole of that thread? You're not the only one with such concerns! :D Rob can't believe I talk about Frasier so much... if only he knew the truth... :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:I've just been reading in the 'serious' section of this forum ie the administration bit, that Stuart will be switching FO off for a couple of days from 26 October so the site can be moved across to a new host.

Did you read the whole of that thread? You're not the only one with such concerns! :D Rob can't believe I talk about Frasier so much... if only he knew the truth... :lol:

No, I didn't get to the end of the thread as my head started to swim the way it does when you are about to pass out with shock!!
Glad I'm not the only one who's going to miss this place for 2 days - what are we gonna do????
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Agides wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who's going to miss this place for 2 days - what are we gonna do????

Erm, I'm not sure to be honest. :? I seem to remember that, prior to getting Broadband, I had some kind of other life. I used to do this thing... 'going out' I think it was called? And I think I used to have friends that I could actually talk to, using real spoken words instead of typing. But that's just a hazy memory now. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 pm

What is this "going out?" you speak of? Is that another one of those British slang terms that gets lost in translation? :wink:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Agides » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

I've moved the question of my age to this thread and I'll relent and post this only once......
I'm

Oh dear! I appear to have typed it in invisible ink!! :lol:
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Agides wrote:I've moved the question of my age to this thread and I'll relent and post this only once......
I'm

Okay, I'm going to assume you're 81, okay? :D
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:59 pm

My parents have just phoned to say they're looking at a car! A Ford Fusion, same as ours. Nothing strange there, you might think - but bearing in mind they've never had a car that was made after 1969, this is a bit of a miracle! :shock:

Edit, 4.30pm: Blimey, they actually bought it! :shock:
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:I've moved the question of my age to this thread and I'll relent and post this only once......
I'm

Okay, I'm going to assume you're 81, okay? :D

:shock:

:lol:
Agides

Postby ouroboros » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm

I meant to say this yesterday but forgot didn't you ever so subtly include your age in my birthday thread? :wink:
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Agides » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:43 pm

ouroboros wrote:
I'm

I meant to say this yesterday but forgot didn't you ever so subtly include your age in my birthday thread? :wink:

That was still wishful thinking on my part!
Agides

Postby ouroboros » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Agides wrote:
ouroboros wrote:
I'm

36 then? :D
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Agides » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:04 pm

ouroboros wrote:
Agides wrote:
ouroboros wrote:
I'm

Are you some sort of detective???? You are correct, btw, but you are now sworn to secrecy!!!
Agides

Postby ouroboros » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:21 pm

Agides wrote:
ouroboros wrote:
Agides wrote:
ouroboros wrote:
I'm

Are you some sort of detective???? You are correct, btw, but you are now sworn to secrecy!!!

Woo! I rock! :D

No I jest, but yeah I did always think I'd make a good detective :)
ouroboros

Postby Agides » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm

OI!! Tiny font if you please!!! :wink:
Agides

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:37 pm

They just mentioned on the radio that Kelsey is one of the people who's had to evacuate because of the fire.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:They just mentioned on the radio that Kelsey is one of the people who's had to evacuate because of the fire.

I mentioned that somewhere in one of my threads ranting about the coverage! I think the one where I was picking on The Governator for saying "We need for it to rain!" DUH!!!!!

Naturally, when I heard the fire was in Malibu, the first "celeb" that came to my brain was Kelsey! Suzanne Somers also had to be evacuated from the house she has been staying in since her own was destroyed in the LAST round of Malibu fires!

Why the hell does anyone live in California?

Now, completely off the track here.................Where's DG been the last few days? I get a bit worried about her when we don't hear from her for a few days what with a baby on the way and all.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:They just mentioned on the radio that Kelsey is one of the people who's had to evacuate because of the fire.

I mentioned that somewhere in one of my threads ranting about the coverage! I think the one where I was picking on The Governator for saying "We need for it to rain!" DUH!!!!!

oops, I must have overlooked that - i saw you talking about Arnie though :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:

oops, I must have overlooked that - i saw you talking about Arnie though :lol:

The sad thing about Arnold is that he could be talking about the most tragic event in the history of the world and I would be unable to take him seriously because ALL I hear when he speaks is The Terminator!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:35 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:The sad thing about Arnold is that he could be talking about the most tragic event in the history of the world and I would be unable to take him seriously because ALL I hear when he speaks is The Terminator!

It is quite a terrible situation. Has the cause been identified? It's not that uncommon either, is it? - although the scale of this one is on the larger side.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion