Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Rant Thread!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Had to admit defeat and book an engineer to come out and fix/replace the Sky box. Bloody thing's starting to regularly lock up at the slightest thing - on top of the monthly system wipe and reboot it needs to fix its buggered hard disk. Seriously shit piece of kit. I've never seen anything like it for shoddy tech. My computers get far more hammer without falling to bits like this.


Ugh, perhaps they'll replace it with an upgraded model? Just drop hints that you're thinking about leaving Sky, and they'll chuck all sorts of offers at you, I bet!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby !Amz! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Have a stinking cold and it's all down to a friend we had staying here this week. We brought some friends from home up with us for a visit, and although we had a pretty good time, one of them suddenly developed a filthy cold and didn't seem to know how to use a tissue. Just constantly sneezing onto his hands and wiping it on his clothes, wiping his nose with his hand...just EWWW. I kept offering him tissues/paracetemol etc because the constant sniffing was a bit irritating but I kept getting "no, I'm okay" and "in a bit."

Why people can't show a little bit of common decency and wash their hands and use tissues etc is beyond me. I felt like saying something as at the end of the day, they were in my flat, but I didn't want to offend anyone.
User avatar
!Amz!
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 am

I feel sick now knowing a horse i backed in the national yesterday died [ plus 1 other ] , when sycronised spooked then bolted at the start he should of been pulled out ...then when he fell riderless at a fence after losing AP Mcoy again the owner was asked how he was he replied " hes dead i suppose " fucking greedy pig should of pulled him out &then coudn't be bothered to actually go see his horse who ran his heart out for him 4 weeks ago in the cheltnem cup ... im done betting on the grand national.
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 am

This is why I avoid watching horse racing - so many needless deaths, it makes me too sad and angry. :(
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Never really been arsed with horse racing, so i never pay much attention to the GN.

With my mate living in Bracknell we have to drive through Ascot to visit him. What a strange old place that is.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 pm

woggle wrote:the owner was asked how he was he replied " hes dead i suppose "


:twisted: What a callous asshole :evil:
I'd make the bastard do a lap of the course with me on his back.

He would not survive.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 am

Damn. That would do it, too.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
woggle wrote:the owner was asked how he was he replied " hes dead i suppose "


:twisted: What a callous asshole :evil:
I'd make the bastard do a lap of the course with me on his back.

He would not survive
.



:lol: good idea that!
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Bloody Last Late Western... the trains on the Weymouth - Bristol route are so old and knackered that they're forever breaking down. Two in a row had mechanical faults - the first was cancelled completely, the second was running really late. I was stuck at freezing cold Castle Cary station, where there isn't even a vending machine. I don't know the area, but could see no cafes or anything around the station. And here's why - the station appears to be in the middle of a blimmin' farm!!

Image
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Wezzo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:02 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Bloody Last Late Western... the trains on the Weymouth - Bristol route are so old and knackered that they're forever breaking down. Two in a row had mechanical faults - the first was cancelled completely, the second was running really late. I was stuck at freezing cold Castle Cary station, where there isn't even a vending machine. I don't know the area, but could see no cafes or anything around the station. And here's why - the station appears to be in the middle of a blimmin' farm!!

Image


:lol: That's quite near me and Choni actually. You get some shitty stations in rural Somerset for sure.
User avatar
Wezzo
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Bloody Last Late Western... the trains on the Weymouth - Bristol route are so old and knackered that they're forever breaking down. Two in a row had mechanical faults - the first was cancelled completely, the second was running really late. I was stuck at freezing cold Castle Cary station, where there isn't even a vending machine. I don't know the area, but could see no cafes or anything around the station. And here's why - the station appears to be in the middle of a blimmin' farm!!

Image


:lol: That's quite near me and Choni actually. You get some shitty stations in rural Somerset for sure.


:lol: Dammit, if I'd known, I might have asked you to do a mercy dash with some blankets and a flask of tea. ;)

Looks like Photobucket removed the image because it was copyright of Google...
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 am

I was driving out of a car park earlier. Some bloke literally walked out right in front of me. I put my foot on the brake and stopped less than a foot away from him - then he suddenly realised I was there, turned round and started yelling and swearing at me!! Sis was in the car with me - she's brutally honest, and would have told me if she thought it was my fault, but she said it wasn't - I was driving at a slow, careful speed, and he should have looked where he was going. I just waited for him to finish shaking his fist, yelling and standing in front of the car glaring at me, then drove on without responding. Nonetheless, it was quite horrible to be yelled at.

...and this is one of the many reasons why I hate driving.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:37 am

Dorset Girl wrote:I was driving out of a car park earlier. Some bloke literally walked out right in front of me. I put my foot on the brake and stopped less than a foot away from him - then he suddenly realised I was there, turned round and started yelling and swearing at me!! Sis was in the car with me - she's brutally honest, and would have told me if she thought it was my fault, but she said it wasn't - I was driving at a slow, careful speed, and he should have looked where he was going. I just waited for him to finish shaking his fist, yelling and standing in front of the car glaring at me, then drove on without responding. Nonetheless, it was quite horrible to be yelled at.

...and this is one of the many reasons why I hate driving.


I wasn't a fan of having to use my moped but as my dad used to say its not you you have to worry about its everyone else! Sounds like he should of been paying more attention and had a go coz u made him jump his fault not yours.
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby !Amz! » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I was driving out of a car park earlier. Some bloke literally walked out right in front of me. I put my foot on the brake and stopped less than a foot away from him - then he suddenly realised I was there, turned round and started yelling and swearing at me!! Sis was in the car with me - she's brutally honest, and would have told me if she thought it was my fault, but she said it wasn't - I was driving at a slow, careful speed, and he should have looked where he was going. I just waited for him to finish shaking his fist, yelling and standing in front of the car glaring at me, then drove on without responding. Nonetheless, it was quite horrible to be yelled at.

...and this is one of the many reasons why I hate driving.

I'm exactly the same, I was yelled at a week after passing my test due by an inconsiderate bitch who was worried about me damaging her car with my horrendous parking and it really upset me and knocked my confidence. To be fair, my parking was shit, I shouldn't have gambled by parking between 2 cars (reasonably nice ones) so soon, and if someone was close to hitting my car (and it was quite a nice one, unlike what we have now) it would have pissed me off too - but the difference is I wouldn't have yelled and got nasty, especially if I was told that person had only just passed their test.

Something I get quite a lot is people not using crossings. There's a road in Northampton with 2 lanes both ways and it's a 30 limit, and there's crossings all over it, but people still feel the need to gamble and step out in front of cars in between crossings rather than on them.

Like Woggle said you have to try and ignore everyone else, but it's so frickin' hard when people just don't seem to have any common sense!
User avatar
!Amz!
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I was driving out of a car park earlier. Some bloke literally walked out right in front of me. I put my foot on the brake and stopped less than a foot away from him - then he suddenly realised I was there, turned round and started yelling and swearing at me!! Sis was in the car with me - she's brutally honest, and would have told me if she thought it was my fault, but she said it wasn't - I was driving at a slow, careful speed, and he should have looked where he was going. I just waited for him to finish shaking his fist, yelling and standing in front of the car glaring at me, then drove on without responding. Nonetheless, it was quite horrible to be yelled at.

...and this is one of the many reasons why I hate driving.


When that happens to me I hope my kids aren't with me in the car because then I have to hold my tongue. I've let rip a few times to complete wanker pedestrians and motorists alike though.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah, I probably shouldn't let things bother me so much. Everything seems to be getting to me today, though. I feel like I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere and stay there for a day or two. :lol: Even a stroll along the beach didn't help.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 am

Its not that important to me anymore, as I don't speak to anyone on MSN anymore, but I have been blocked from my account and they send a code to an email that I've closed down, cant seem to find anywhere to change which email the code gets sent to either which is annoying. hmmm guess I'll stay blocked then :D
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
User avatar
insaneasperger
 
Posts: 5818
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Location Locatio

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:00 pm

IM BORED OF ALL THIS RAIN!!!!!

there thats my rant for the day over ..lol
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby !Amz! » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 am

woggle wrote:IM BORED OF ALL THIS RAIN!!!!!

there thats my rant for the day over ..lol

Agreed. This is one wet drought we're having. It's rained for 6 days straight here - this morning I actually quoted Frasier: "another radiant morning!" :lol:
User avatar
!Amz!
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 am

I don't mind the rain, I can walk on the beach without being interrupted by other (more sane) people. Plus the rain and wind combined have caused very stormy seas, meaning photo opportunities and lots of goodies to find on the beach. :D

Yes, I'm aware I'm not 'normal'.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I don't mind the rain, I can walk on the beach without being interrupted by other (more sane) people. Plus the rain and wind combined have caused very stormy seas, meaning photo opportunities and lots of goodies to find on the beach. :D

Yes, I'm aware I'm not 'normal'
.



:lol: in my head i can see Frasier about a million times comming in the door with his broken wet brolly ..lol i could never live in seattle thats all i can say .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:14 pm

:lol:

We've had monsoon like rain, nonstop, since Friday evening. It finally gave up at 5pm today. Now it's blue sky and sunshine. Crazy.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby kat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Moon-Crane wrote::lol:

We've had monsoon like rain, nonstop, since Friday evening. It finally gave up at 5pm today. Now it's blue sky and sunshine. Crazy.


we've had about a week of monsoon rain, now just cloudy and windy
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
User avatar
kat
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:56 pm
Location: the dark side of the moon

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Doesn't bother me. Been on the beach twice today. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Doesn't bother me either, really. Damn well the wettest drought i can remember, though!
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2019. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.