Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Rant Thread!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

I've moaned about this on here in the past, but i'm getting right fucking sick of the growing amount of litter blowing around the town's grid system. You can tell the council have cut costs in keeping areas maintained.

I wish they could just have teams of people to shoot on sight any of the dirty scum who drop their shit everywhere. The death penalty for littering would be a far more useful deterrent than for murderers.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Moon-Crane wrote: The death penalty for littering would be a far more useful deterrent than for murderers.


:lol: Harsh, but it just might work.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote: The death penalty for littering would be a far more useful deterrent than for murderers.


:lol: Harsh, but it just might work.


:D I just think it'll be more effective when applied to a so-called petty crime. I'm certain your average litterbug would think twice about dropping litter if they were likely to have their head blown off, whereas i've just never seen it being any sort of worrying factor for your average 1st degree murderer.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.


Ugh, that's not fun. Most people do only get it once, but some people are susceptible to repeat doses.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
User avatar
Moon-Crane
 
Posts: 20753
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Never mind, at least calamine lotion smells nice. :lol:

Also - better to have chicken pox than have your head blown off for dropping a crisp packet. ;)

Haha, no, I agree - people who drop litter are really annoying. If I see anyone doing it, I usually can't stop myself from picking it up and saying in the most sarcastic voice I can muster: 'Excuse me, I think you dropped something.'
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote: The death penalty for littering would be a far more useful deterrent than for murderers.


:lol: Harsh, but it just might work.


:lol: I had to double check it wasn't FJ that came out with that one.

It pisses me off on recycle day watching all the flimsy green, lidless boxes of assorted used baked beans cans, fabric softener and coke bottles being blown around all over the street. The other day I even witnessed rubbish blowing out from the top of an obviously full recycle collection van. I don't think anyone really thought through the design of these things. It is now a bi-weekly ritual to go sifting through my front garden for all the recyclable crap that's blown in there. Give us a wheelie bin for recyclables for fuck's sake :x
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:It pisses me off on recycle day watching all the flimsy green, lidless boxes of assorted used baked beans cans, fabric softener and coke bottles being blown around all over the street. The other day I even witnessed rubbish blowing out from the top of an obviously full recycle collection van. I don't think anyone really thought through the design of these things. It is now a bi-weekly ritual to go sifting through my front garden for all the recyclable crap that's blown in there. Give us a wheelie bin for recyclables for fuck's sake :x


Heh, at least your council recylce plastic bottles! Ours won't.

Someone got photos a while back of a recycling lorry in Devon stopping in a country lane and transferring some of their load to a standard dustcart...
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:11 pm

That was one of the things I hated about living in Savannah, at least on my street. People just piled stuff into their recycling bins, and didn't really care if it was meant to be recycled or not. So, the trash guys wouldn't take it, and we would have all these recycling bins full of what was just the most horrid waste imaginable. The smell alone was murder, and you can imagine what that was like during the 100-degree summers.
User avatar
barnaclelapse
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Waverly, VA.

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote::lol: I had to double check it wasn't FJ that came out with that one.


:twisted: :P :lol:

Besides, the proper education at the proper age would prevent litter bugs.
The Hitler Youth had an impeccable record when it came to disposing of their crisp packets and Fanta cans.


You don't know if i'm joking or not anymore do you? :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.


:twisted: Hope you both feeling better soon.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.


Oh noo!!! get better soon to both of you .

btw all i can see in my head is the friends episode where Phoebe has it and they tie oven mitts to her hands to stop her itching ..lol
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote::lol: I had to double check it wasn't FJ that came out with that one.


:twisted: :P :lol:

Besides, the proper education at the proper age would prevent litter bugs.
The Hitler Youth had an impeccable record when it came to disposing of their crisp packets and Fanta cans.


You don't know if i'm joking or not anymore do you? :lol:


You could be serious - apparently, Fanta was first sold in Germany, and was released in 1941. It was a replacement for Coca-Cola, which couldn't be imported into the country due to a trade embargo.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.


:twisted: Hope you both feeling better soon.


Thanks FJ, and Woggle too.

Not so sure it's chicken pox after all - I expected our spots to multiply today, but they haven't.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Forever Jung wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:D'oh - I thought it was only possible to get chicken pox once... it appears that Keren and I both have it.


:twisted: Hope you both feeling better soon.


Thanks FJ, and Woggle too.

Not so sure it's chicken pox after all - I expected our spots to multiply today, but they haven't.


Its bit freaky you mentioned that actually as our Ryan had some spots on his body yesterday which don't seem to of come to anything worse today :? very odd .
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm

woggle wrote:Its bit freaky you mentioned that actually as our Ryan had some spots on his body yesterday which don't seem to of come to anything worse today :? very odd .


Keren was in contact with a kid who had hand, foot and mouth virus a while back - I'm wondering if that's what we have (NOT the same as 'foot and mouth', don't worry!).
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby woggle » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Its bit freaky you mentioned that actually as our Ryan had some spots on his body yesterday which don't seem to of come to anything worse today :? very odd .


Keren was in contact with a kid who had hand, foot and mouth virus a while back - I'm wondering if that's what we have (NOT the same as 'foot and mouth', don't worry!).


Could well be , hope you get it cleared up :)
User avatar
woggle
 
Posts: 11465
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: leatherhead surrey

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Lil » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 pm

DG: hope you and Keren get to feeling all well again soon.
User avatar
Lil
 
Posts: 9936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Location: New York

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks Lil!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 am

[self pity] Ear ache. Sore throat. Covered in weird spots. Lots of reports to write, and don't feel like doing them. [/self pity]
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:35 am

Dorset Girl wrote:[self pity] Ear ache. Sore throat. Covered in weird spots. Lots of reports to write, and don't feel like doing them. [/self pity]


:( I hate being sick. Especially when there is stuff I need to get done! Hope you're feeling better soon DG!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Lil » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 am

Dorset Girl wrote:[self pity] Ear ache. Sore throat. Covered in weird spots. Lots of reports to write, and don't feel like doing them. [/self pity]


Yikes! Easy for me to say, but try to get some good rest tonight.
User avatar
Lil
 
Posts: 9936
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am
Location: New York

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 am

Thank you both. I haven't been 'properly' ill for ages, so I shouldn't complain too much! Feeling a bit better today. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
User avatar
Dorset Girl
 
Posts: 25084
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Costa del Dorset

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Thank you both. I haven't been 'properly' ill for ages, so I shouldn't complain too much! Feeling a bit better today. :)


Pleased to hear it :)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
User avatar
Mr Blue Sky
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 am

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:You could be serious - apparently, Fanta was first sold in Germany, and was released in 1941. It was a replacement for Coca-Cola, which couldn't be imported into the country due to a trade embargo.


:twisted: All the best bullshit has a bit of truth in it :D

If I remember rightly, the dude in charge of the German Coca Cola factory was in a bit of a pickle because he couldn't get the stuff from America to make the coke, so he replaced the ingredients he couldn't get and invented Fanta.

No Hitler = No Fanta.

This stepping on butterflys stuff is crazy :shock:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2021. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.