If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 am

Hang in there. Goes without saying.
barnaclelapse

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

So apparently the US Military is more progressive than the Boy Scouts!

No homosexuals for the Scouts but pedophiles and general creepers are ok. Might as well just call them the Catholic Church or Penn State!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

kat wrote:once again my life has turned to shit, my auntie (mum's sister) died on Monday, what have I done to deserve this, more to the point what has my grandma done to deserve this, she has now (well not yet, the funeral isn't 'til next week) buried all 3 of her daughters, to make things worse, it's her birthday next week too, and people wonder why I drink...

Im so sorry to hear that Kat :( my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family :)
woggle

Postby Lil » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:So apparently the US Military is more progressive than the Boy Scouts!

No homosexuals for the Scouts but pedophiles and general creepers are ok. Might as well just call them the Catholic Church or Penn State!

:roll: Ridiculous
Lil

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:29 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:So apparently the US Military is more progressive than the Boy Scouts!

Pretty sad, but not particularly surprising given the organisation's backers.

Hopefully they'll just die out and other inclusive groups can take up any role.

And i guess boy scouts won't be allowed to eat Oreos either :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby kat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:57 pm

just got back from the funeral, which was as fun as to be expected, and King's Lynn has not got anyomore interesting in the 12 years since I last went
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 am

Lil wrote:

:roll: Ridiculous

It's a consistent goddamn joke.
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:58 pm

I HATE MIDGES!!!!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:03 am

Midges?
barnaclelapse

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:25 am

barnaclelapse wrote:Midges?

Yeah, y'know - little winged insects who hang around water at dusk and bite poor photographers to pieces, even though they're doused in insect repellant.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Hans the German Butler » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

barnaclelapse wrote:Midges?

Yeah, you know, like Midge Ure of Ultravox :wink:
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:Yeah, you know, like Midge Ure of Ultravox :wink:

:twisted: I was just about to say that :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Fucking Chicago Tribune posts a question in their FB page: Do Twitter feeds spoil the Olympics for you or do you not care? And then to follow that, they post the fucking results of the Women's Gymnastics Finals that airs here tonight!

I work really hard to avoid results and it's not an easy task in today's day of instant technology and for a US paper to post that shit when they are asking a question about how their readers feel about being spoiled really pissed me off.

It's also plastered all over the front page of our local online paper. Glad I already knew the results! Interesting how when the men totally fucked up yesterday they didn't bother plastering that all over the papers!
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Had to endure a guy yelling at me because he was 10 minutes late for his appointment and we couldn't see him because all the optoms had packed up and were ready to leave. Apparently that's my fault.

Not only that but the fucking useless timetabling staff have changed my timetable again for the third time. Where is the logic in publishing timetables while their still in the process of sorting them? It's not fair on people like me who need to sort out arrangements for jobs and who don't like messing people about. Surely the easiest thing to do is suspend publishing them until everything is worked out?! Luckily I haven't told my boss yet, but I don't know where I stand in the sense that they could keep on doing this right up until the first week of term. I need to change my hours over otherwise it'll affect me being able to go home for Christmas and there's several days in the diary where no more holiday is allowed - there's no way I'm staying in Northampton over Christmas, but I don't know if they'd be kind enough to make any exceptions.
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm

I guess you're not allowed to tell the guy it was his own dumbass fault for being late. I'd never last very long in retail.

I was in Northampton this afternoon. The roads around your town centre are soooooooo aggravating.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby !Amz! » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 am

The way he was speaking to me, five more minutes and I would have, there really was no excuse for getting that angry when it was his own fault anyway. Instead I just took all the shit he threw at me and apologised. I got an extra break out of it though ;) I'm not sure where my rights are for saying "I don't deserve to be spoken to like this" and just walking away, seeing as he didn't swear at me or anything like that, but it's kind of wrecked my faith in people. I don't see why I should smile and be friendly to people when assholes like him can't even take what really was a minor problem - that could have easily been ressolved by rebooking his appointment - without acting like a spoilt child.

Tell me about it, having driving lessons around them were no picnic either!
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Bah, public reminder to self. Never start work without a deposit - no matter how much your mate guarantees the client and tells you the work's been verbally signed off to go ahead.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

My sister stinks! Like literally but I get told off for saying something.? Confused

Also sorry BS but I need to rant at you for deleting that thread, you weren't the only one with painful memories on there, but some of us like to torture ourselves and now can't :,(
It's not a proper rant though, cus I could never be mad at you!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Bah, public reminder to self. Never start work without a deposit - no matter how much your mate guarantees the client and tells you the work's been verbally signed off to go ahead.

Ugh, not good, especially where a mate's involved. :?
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Friend that expect you to listen to their rants and listen and help,but not let me rant or get condescending when I do. I know he can't help some of it but aspergers is not an excuse to be a shit mate.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

I am so sick of people shooting their mouths off about politics when they have no clue WTF they are talking about. The recent attack against the US Embassy has brought out the venom in a lot of people. It's nauseating.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh for god's sake! Now one my friends is claiming Obama is a Muslim infiltrator and is running al-queda from the White House. I seriously never thought this particular person would go this far off the deep end.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Oh for god's sake! Now one my friends is claiming Obama is a Muslim infiltrator and is running al-queda from the White House. I seriously never thought this particular person would go this far off the deep end.

:twisted: Could you send me their contact details?

I happen to be brokering the sale of a large English bridge, and i've a feeling your friend would be the perfect mug, oops, I mean prospective investor :D
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion