Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Rant Thread!!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Rant Thread!!

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:50 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:He kept insisting she initiated it. Then he really had no reason as to why he didn't say "no" right away. Instead it happened at least 4 more times after the first time. He was creeping me out toward the end of the interview because he's real religiousy and real soft spoken and he reminded me of a creepy pedophile priest! He's going to get torn to shreds in prison!

Ugh. I don't know how you keep your cool in such situations, I really don't! I think I'd have thrown some furniture at him. :lol: That poor, poor girl - this will have a massive effect on her whole life. :(

I took K to see a paediatrician a few weeks ago, because she has a problem with her... well, with a bit of her body that she doesn't like me discussing. :lol: Before she was examined, I was asked a massive long list of questions about who she spent time with, who she was on her own with, etc., and some suspicion was cast on her dad, as the problem started to occur just after he left and she started staying with him. It was a horrible set of questions to have to go through!

Thankfully, as soon as she examined her, the doc found the problem, and explained that she could have an operation to correct it. For a few minutes there, though, all sorts of things that would never otherwise have occured to me were going through my mind!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:55 am

These assaults actually happened in 1997 or 1998 (depending on which source you believe). The victim just came forward because she was having memories and it was causing her problems in her relationships.

Glad Keren's situation turned out to be something else. Can't imagine having to deal with a situation where your child had been abused.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:23 pm

I hate the cold! It is currently 9 degrees (F) here! On the up side, at least it's not snowing!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:13 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I hate the cold! It is currently 9 degrees (F) here! On the up side, at least it's not snowing!

We have or had torrential rain , big gusts of wind ...saw bits of tree down everywhere on my walk into work . Strange thing was it was crap up till 2 o clock then we had blue sky & it was lovley ..lol crazy!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 pm

My ex husband's a fucking wanker, and I wish I never had to speak to him again.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 am

you OK?
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks, yeah, sorry - just needed to get that rant out!

How are you doing, Kat?
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 am

still voiceless, but not bad overall, work are being brilliant am off next week, and have said if possible the week after I could do a couple of short days to get back into the swing of things
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Ramona » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:56 am

Grrraaarrrghhh! I'm probably going to lose my job because Manchester buses!
"So you've found me. Congratulations"
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Purbeck's last remaining NHS dental practice has gone private. None of the practices within 35 miles are even adding people to their waiting list. No wonder Brits have a reputation for having bad teeth. There's no way I can afford to go private. Besides, why should we have to, when we pay tax and NI for the NHS?

I set up a Facebook group for concerned people, planning to forward the address of it to our local MP when we gained more than 200 members. We've got 182 already, and it was only set up an hour or so ago!
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 am

Good your groups going bad about dentist. I rant at myself a lot at the moment.
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Ramona » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Relationships make me crazy.
Ramona

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 am

Ramona wrote:Relationships make me crazy.

Oh dear. Not another FO relationship gone splitsville I hope?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:41 am

I wish I had a relationship to make me crazy!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Ramona » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:04 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:

Oh dear. Not another FO relationship gone splitsville I hope?

No, things are still good. It appears I struggle with accepting that though. It doesn't help that I'm dating a guy who is way too good for me. You think I'd be happy about that! Lols, I'm a such a tool!
Ramona

Postby Ramona » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:

I wish I had a relationship to make me crazy!

It is nice to be dating again, even if it does stress me out.
Ramona

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Starting my new job tomorrow. Travelling by bus, because my car's in the garage for a new clutch. :roll: So I have a six hour journey starting at 6am, and I've got a sore throat / cold, so feel crappy. Not a good start!

I know this is TMI, but what's worrying me the most is being on buses with no access to a toilet for all that time!
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Starting my new job tomorrow. Travelling by bus, because my car's in the garage for a new clutch. :roll: So I have a six hour journey starting at 6am, and I've got a sore throat / cold, so feel crappy. Not a good start!

I know this is TMI, but what's worrying me the most is being on buses with no access to a toilet for all that time!

A clutch? Isn't your car an automatic?

Good luck with the new job. Is this in addition to your other job?
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Starting my new job tomorrow. Travelling by bus, because my car's in the garage for a new clutch. :roll: So I have a six hour journey starting at 6am, and I've got a sore throat / cold, so feel crappy. Not a good start!

A clutch? Isn't your car an automatic?

Good luck with the new job. Is this in addition to your other job?

It's semi-automatic, so it still has a clutch.

Thanks for the 'good luck'! Yes, in addition to my Swansea job. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Ahh...I didn't even know there was such a thing as a semi-automatic! (unless it's in reference to firearms!) :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ahh...I didn't even know there was such a thing as a semi-automatic! (unless it's in reference to firearms!) :lol:

:lol:

I can override the automatic selection and change up or down a gear, but I don't have a clutch pedal, hence no direct clutch control. That's why it's okay to drive it on an automatic licence.
Dorset Girl

Postby Lil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Good luck tomorrow! And hope you feel better soon!
Lil

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Sorry, only just seen this - couldn't check FO whilst I was away. The job went fine, thank you! I was absolutely gutted to come home and find a huge bill for my car repairs, though. The bill was for pretty much the same amount that I earned (more if you count my road tax too), plus the hotel I stayed in last night cost loads... and I've already been away for a couple of nights this month. Ex hubby's off work sick, so no maintenance money this month, and not a penny of earnings from Swansea for January. So with a month and ten days to go before I get paid, I'm about £600 worse off already!

Never mind - if I hadn't have taken the new job, the figure would have been even higher than that!
Dorset Girl

Postby insaneasperger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Hope it works out soon DG!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Hope it works out soon DG!

Ta IA!

Despite my money issues temporarily getting worse, 2012's been good, so far. Keren's birthday on the 1st was lovely, then my short trip away was brill. Joining the local Photography Society was good - I get to meet new people, even though they're all at least 20 years older than me. Got a new job, and the people I'm working with seem nice - so overall I'm mostly liking this year to date. :D

Even having a new clutch for the car's not so bad - it'll be under warranty for three years, and should be fine for a good while after that, so at least that particular expense won't come up again for a while. :) Besides - I've got a car, a licence and can now drive without worrying incessantly, woohoo, freedom. :D
Dorset Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion